Latest patch (0.10.0g), new microtransactions and other news!

"
rabidwolf9 написал:
Скрытый текст
"
Ozgwald написал:

Скрытый текст
"
rabidwolf9 написал:

I love my new bleeding beating heart. I'm a sucker for gory and exclusive things. Did wish there was something like a dripping bloody type of effect over the heart itself though. The beating and spurting is really cool though.

Tbh I didn't realize the extra digit on the elemental pets until reading this thread. That is just outrageous. For the same model and animation you can buy for $3, you tack on a new skin and effect and sell it for up to 30x the price? Just insane. Whenever I see a developer that does something with minimal effort, and then tacks on a premium price tag, that just doesn't sit right with me.

If you're spending $50+ on a pet, shouldn't it at least be a different kind of pet that's not available in the lower tiers? And this disparity for different colors and similar effects really bugs me and I think there's a better way to handle it.

Perhaps instead of having 6 different let's say frogs listed on the pets page, there could be one frog that players can customize with the different colors and effects via dropdowns or bubble options. Like so:

*The base frog is 250 points.
*You can choose between the standard skins for no additional charge
-OR-You can choose a better tier skin for say +25 points
*You can add the crown effect for +25 points
-OR-You can add horns for +25 points
*You can add an elemental/spectral/sparkly effect for +~100 points
*You can scale the pet and make it larger for +~750 points

I bet that players would love getting to hand choose individual features and make the pet their own based on their budget.

Ultimately, I'd like to see an end to elemental effects and such being tacked on and passed off at some huge price tag and have some real premium content that took the effort. Just as the base frog costs 25 points, the base basilisk costs 100 points, and you can make way for a really cool pet that the base costs 500.

It is not a question of the price! What a bronze, silver and gold supporter are questioning here is the system. What we are questioning is that either things are differently marketed or proper exclusive content is introduced.

Hello? Gold supporter here -------------------------------------------------->

I never once said in my post that there shouldn't be high priced premium content. It's more of a "bang for buck" issue. Like why does a red glow cost more than purple? What makes a lightning scorpion so much more valuable than an acid scorpion? Or a chrome scorpion for that matter..

My issue is that GGG is taking the minimal effort and just sticking the premium exclusive price tag on something that's just not worth it IMO just for the sake of putting something up for the big spenders.

For example, I saw a guy in town the other day with the lightning scorpion. What should have been an "Omg that pet is so awesome I wish I could afford one" feeling was more like a "That dumbass wasted 900 points just to put lightning effects on a scorpion." Had that been a unique pet instead of a re-skinned scorpion, that second emotion would never have occurred.

And in reality it is a price issue. It's a foreshadowing that all the cool micro content they've been telling us was coming all along, might just cost an absurd amount. When is costs $20 to put a glow/ simple emitting effect on a single weapon, how much do you think the Kaom skin will cost? Gender options? Extra gore? Death physics?

I quoted you in agreement rabidwolf. That line is not in respect to your quote it is directed to the person that took my comments and comments such as yours out of context. I agree that the re-skins are tacky and have no proper feel of exclusive content.
just died to ZONING in with a teleport .... i made a thread here >

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/121352

"Modified the Crossroads/Fellshrine area transition to prevent unfair hardcore deaths."

nothing about town portals, thats a fair death rigt ?

this patch notes are false GGG... comments ? anyone ?
-_-
Последняя редакция: Gieron. Время: 9 февр. 2013 г., 11:28:04
"
Chris написал:
"
Mihalis написал:
Thank you for the update.

I think those microtransactions are getting too expensive here. $50 and $90 for one pet? Keep the prices low so more people will keep shopping points.

People asked for premium pets so that they can show off the higher amounts they have supported us with. They're completely optional, and we make sure to price pets as low as $2.50.

"
Sevorast написал:
Wow. CCP took massive flak over the monocle for $70, but GGG can put in $90 pets and nobody bats an eyebrow. In fact most people seem to be coming out in overwhelming support of the prices.

The internet is a confusing place.

Cool stuff though, the acid scorpion looks really great imo.

Two thoughts:
a) Their game generally also costs money to play (I say generally because I do understand the PLEX stuff), whereas ours is free.
b) That was several years ago - premium items are becoming more accepted.
c) A lightning scorpion is much, much cooler than a monocle!

What you say makes perfect sense. I tend to lose track of time I suppose. For me the monoclegate outrage seems like only yesterday!

I also agree that the scorpions are far superior to monocles! However I also agree with the poster who said a scorpion with a monocle would be pretty boss :D
would be nice if I could connect to the patch server. Have not been able to since this patch.
So being a day or so later can we get an update on the "calibration" race events? How will this update work: will we just see a new thread in Beta Leagues/Events forum and what do you mean about the password part? Thanks
"
Droson написал:
"
Wittgenstein написал:
"
Droson написал:
Thanks for screwing me over, I was 91% patched when you guys did your maint WTF 7 hours boys not cool at all.

it doesn't reset - starts over from where you left off.

You are Incorrect my good man, although when you resume download it is quite a bit faster, up to the point you left off.

That's very likely because it isn't downloading the data you've already downloaded, instead it is busily verifying the data that has already been downloaded before continuing.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
I like my new stash with 10 tabs :P
"
There are also two things we remembered about recently that it turns out many advanced players don't know! They've been in the game for ages, but they were undocumented. The first is that you can hold alt (or whatever highlight key) while hovering an item in the trade screen to see its item level. The other is that you can hover over an item with the mouse cursor and press Ctrl+C to copy its properties into your clipboard.

hehe, cool :)

But the first one doesn't work for me, don't find a key that shows the itemlevel. alt is only comparing to current equip.
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
Stress testing aside Chris, server stability is imperative!

GGG has addressed this quite nicely.

Thank you for your dedication and commitment, well passion really!!!
"
Wraeklops написал:
"
There are also two things we remembered about recently that it turns out many advanced players don't know! They've been in the game for ages, but they were undocumented. The first is that you can hold alt (or whatever highlight key) while hovering an item in the trade screen to see its item level. The other is that you can hover over an item with the mouse cursor and press Ctrl+C to copy its properties into your clipboard.

hehe, cool :)

But the first one doesn't work for me, don't find a key that shows the itemlevel. alt is only comparing to current equip.

It only works in the "TRADE" interface. Shop Vendors and looking at loot on the ground etc. is not the same as trading between players.

I will admit though, I would like to see this functionality extended to your inventory and shop inventory.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация