[3.24] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content done. Rant time.

"
Fire_Archer написал:

Also since you are shamelessly selling out like that, I'm still interested to see some of that bossing recordings. Vids like that might even promote your sells.

Yeah they will follow :) I was just having too much fun blasting through content this weekend, so I coulnd´t be bothered but I´ll add some recordings soon.

"
Fire_Archer написал:
On other hand, if someone is interested in the gear, please retain from discussing it here, lets keep the guide for the guide things.

Yeah, sorry if I was not clear on that, interest should be communicated via PN, not here of course :)

"
Fire_Archer написал:
I also have questions for you about that setup.
How was assasins mark tech? How are power charges geenration? I am aware its a powerhouse of damage for minions, but it might be just too long of ramping time.

Assassin´s Mark Tech was real nice, you clearly see and feel the additional crit chance. Ramping was very fine. It staggered a bit when I was using no Host Chieftain, but in combination with assassins mark and just one of them there´s 90% of the time 3 powercharges on the Relics. I call that sufficient. That being said, I think getting brittled ground on the boots is the most single best further boost to dps once this point is reached - they do not crit always, from my estimate and in accordance to PoB its roughly 55-60% crit chance. Brittled ground would raise that higher.

Aother thing about assassins mark: The dex requirement is quite high, so if someone wants to run it on 20/20 thats another thing that has to be considered, I wasn´t able to fit the dex req. with Replica Soul Tether.

"
Fire_Archer написал:
How did Vixens perform? Are they comfortable to use for instant triple curse hit?

Yes, very - There´s no noticeable difference in ease of use compared to kalisas grace or any other high life vuln. on hit gloves. If there is any stagger at all it´s not noticeable for me, but I sticked to static strike for my activation setup, no idea how it might feel with flicker.

"
Fire_Archer написал:
And also how would you rate this particular build compared to other builds you tried. Its something I want to know as a peson who only tried very few builds.

Uuuh that´s a complicated as well as unfair question to this build. Because we have limited scaling here. Let me explain:

This build has what I would call a hard-cap of invested currency. You can buy the BiS-Scepter like mine, you can get corruptions on Ascenats, the helmet, soul tether, aegis... You can craft potentially even better rings, but there´s a limit of currency vs. power here due to the way Holy Relic scales. I´d say, it would be very hard to find further optimizations for this build if you surpass the 150ex-threshhold.

Therefore, this build actually falls behind in comparison to other builds I´ve worked on.

For example my Poison Viper Strike Pathfinder with mirror-tier weapons and triple-elevated gear (900ex investment)

Or my Lightning Trap Saboteur with Triple-Stat Watchers Eye (3.5 mirrors investment)

This build here also cannot make use out of

Like I did with a mana-stacking cold-conversion indigon MoM Pathfinder back in 3.10

So, while the amount of uniques make it very easy to get this character rolling in the first place, the build is also limited by the abundance of it, and the way holy relic scales. 2 out of my 3 builds I just described went into crit, and crit can be scaled so much better as it is the most single strongest dmg-multiplicator available. In comparison to the other builds this one feels at this "lower" budget "more complete", as it is actually.

While this may sound more on the negative side, I just wanna add: I barely play characters twice and I am seriously contemplating starting this one next league again, as it performs so well early with the core-items in place.
Последняя редакция: Vennto. Время: 20 февр. 2022 г., 13:30:55
Seeing those exalted numbers makes me feel dizzy. But I'm more than enough satisfied with a slower pace I'm going through, first time went past 91 lvl / reached comfortable t16s so I'm enjoying it while it lasts. I still want to play the build so much I don't want to "waste" time looking up the "meta" ways of making currency, lol.

---

On that note another clear video, this time with Asenath Gloves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgsAzDRxmjo

Makes me want to push AS even more even if it's unreasonable at this point.

A couple notes:

I've tried Divergent Flicker and it was a disappointing experience. Losing 12% Frenzy charge on hit from quality on Superior Flicker is too big for me. Stopped flickering a bit too many times with Divergent version. Shelved it after 3 or so maps.

I ended up liking Herald/Sentinels a lot. The neverending passive taunting is very nice vs some of the harder hitting enemies. Feels good to be free of Decoy Totem. Put Punishment onto auto-trigger Sceptre, Frost Bomb doesn't seem to be needed anymore for the content I'm doing.

Последняя редакция: MrCinos. Время: 20 февр. 2022 г., 14:39:00
Videos of my setup:

T16 Expedition Blowup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_voPsefcQVg

80 Quant Maven 10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJpyXzbnOBI

2min 15 delve-depth 400 Kurgal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTC0gSuza3Q

75 Quant hidden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKVi5ySsrRw

133 Quant T16 Mapping: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxtw6qwYrzM

Yes! Yes, feed me more videos, minions!

But, I have a bone to pick with both of you. Mostly Vento tho.

"
MrCinos написал:

I've tried Divergent Flicker and it was a disappointing experience. Losing 12% Frenzy charge on hit from quality on Superior Flicker is too big for me. Stopped flickering a bit too many times with Divergent version. Shelved it after 3 or so maps.

This is something I was afraid. Perhaps Awakened Ancestral Call would help it, but I highly doubt it. Thats fine. I guess that range is not that important.

"
MrCinos написал:

I ended up liking Herald/Sentinels a lot. The neverending passive taunting is very nice vs some of the harder hitting enemies.

That is very odd to hear, as those guys, even with extra quality from amulet, only have ~36% to taunt. They would instantly die on any boss, because our minions don't have HP passives. And on top of that, they have to hit to taunt, and our minions have no accuracy either.

I say keep a good eye on how bosses behave with them. You may or may not discover that they are not as good as you want them to be.

Now Vento...

I'm sorry, but that just looks terrible.
And I see the reason why. Peeked over your build again. You assasin mark got no qual on it. Your relics just simply not generating charges.
Seeing how monkey gives you 1 charge then instantly dies, was very depressing. And that's the only charge you ever get.

That being said, again, just on paper, (assuming you put qual on assasin mark), even with 2 charges on average, your setup reaches a whooping 10 Mills Sirus DPS.

HOWEVER, would you have a britte ground. That DPS goes from 10Mill to 14Mill. Just from that alone. Crit chance goes from 35 to 62. And a lot more if you have all 3 power charges.

Critless version, however, ends up at 8Mill DPS. And I kinda think it is more reliable ( you don't need to hope for crits), less item heavy, and less buttons to press.

Now here is the question
"
Vennto написал:
Videos of my setup:
75 Quant hidden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKVi5ySsrRw

I find myself struggling a lot with life regen, even with Recoup that I experimenting with.
In that video you drop hp down a lot but it regens super fast. I don't see life flask in effect, and no other sources of regen. Can you give me a hint on what that might be? Also your HP doesn't go down with ES to, so I assume you outregen all the split damage from DoTs.

Things I've acquired today: another Fortress Covenant + 2 more awakening gems for Holy Relic. Only Brutality left - I assume Crush still gets applied by Holy Relic's nova, right? Hit means any attack whether it's physical or spell, aside from DoTs going by what I googled but maybe I'm wrong when it comes to HR interaction.

Also got Anomalous Reckoning for cheap, the quality scales incredibly good - 100% chance to apply Debilitate debuff with a 30% quality Ashes of the Stars (mine's not perfect so it's 96% chance for me) on enemies when I get hit. While it's only 1 second long, Reckoning has cooldown of 0.4s. BuT after thinking about it, it applies Debilitate on hit, won't I need accuracy for that to be even remotely reliant? Otherwise it sounded pretty useful to me, though 1 second is a bit too little and in a 1v1 situations enemy has to hit you through block twice+ times in a row for that to play an effect. Still could be useful vs some of the speedier uniques, but not sure about that accuracy issue now, lol. EDIT: another brain fart, I do consistently hit with Flicker / Static to trigger HR so the accuracy shouldn't be the issue I think.

"
Fire_Archer написал:
But, I have a bone to pick with both of you. Mostly Vento tho.

You're probably right about sentinels I'll try to pay more attention to that. I noticed it once on Metamorph, but after that I didn't really pay attention if it was them or AG taunting or what was really happening. I definitely felt that it's not perfect.

On that note, tried Delirium + Beyond map and got wrecked like 4-5 times, every time getting oneshot'd and from a different unique. Losing enfeeble and ~300 ES from my Kalisa's might be a reason I feel noticeably squishier. Got back into Melding section/node as all the life nodes within 1 passive point I've already got. I'll see if it's enough to prevent oneshots, if it's not I'll try Enfeeble instead of Punishment as auto trigger. At least until I get more life from new/better rings-belt-jewel(s).

EDIT: Oh, right, maybe it's time to finally give Kingmaker to AG for that sweet Fortification even if it's just 1% less damage, he's not even close to dying so no fear he will lose it anymore.

But I was also thinking it might be time to try different keystone on Skin of Lords to have phys reduction more than 50%. In that case I'd definitely have to use Granite Flask. And probably change some more equipment with higher armor values. Which is not very appealing atm.

Speaking of flasks, not really feeling too happy about Bottled Faith, tempted to sell it. Even if I continue to play with Imbalanced Guard / 50% phys reduction, I kinda want to go back using good Ruby flask as a default one since fire damage is pretty prevalent and Topaz flask instead of it when there's a lightning damage mod on the map. Especially now that I don't have Prismatic Skin anointment.
Последняя редакция: MrCinos. Время: 21 февр. 2022 г., 10:04:13
"
MrCinos написал:
I assume Crush still gets applied by Holy Relic's nova, right?

Correct. Its from any hits. Attack, or Spells. But its rather minor. Good for maps with enemies have endu charges/phys reduction tho.

"
MrCinos написал:

Also got Anomalous Reckoning for cheap, the quality scales incredibly good - 100% chance to apply Debilitate debuff

You already have that, with Punishment curse. Even better vesrion of it, cuz it has longer Debilitate duration, can proc of your minions/totem being hit.

"
MrCinos написал:
EDIT: Oh, right, maybe it's time to finally give Kingmaker to AG for that sweet Fortification even if it's just 1% less damage, he's not even close to dying so no fear he will lose it anymore.

Its 10% less damage taken from hits, but you should not upgrade that first. What you should get is Garb of the Ephemeral. Those onetaps you mentioned, is most likely you getting critted. But Fortify will help too of course, as well as free culling strike.

"
MrCinos написал:
But I was also thinking it might be time to try different keystone on Skin of Lords to have phys reduction more than 50%

And that will never happen against big hits. Just against small hits. And you don't care about small hits anyway. The more damage enemy does, the less phy reduction you have. Don't ask me why, this is how GGG made it. That why phy reduction on relic hits is not that important. It doesn't matter how much armor enemy have. The hit is too big to care about it.

Your passives a bit of a mess, but I let you figure stuff out. Just read what Covenant does to your HP nodes. And check how much block you have.

On a side note - capping chaos resist and maybe including Forbidden Taste with "activate on savage hit" could do you some good.
Damn, I stand corrected / informed on so many issues, thank you for all the answers. Just when I begin to think I start to get what I'm doing I end up missing / doing some weird stuff. Thanks for mentioning about the block too, I just assumed seeing 75 (75%) is that I capped it, but I didn't. My actual cap is 77 since I took Block mastery.

I think the "rippy" 40% delirious map (+ritual with blood-vessel) was indeed high crit one and I missed it as I just run 100% Delirious with multiple bosses/uniques and was nowhere near death. Also, the monsters were somewhat tanky and I had ample time to confirm for myself that sentinels indeed end up taunting well. Maybe one individual sentinel doesn't last as long as a totem (but for longer than I'd expect without minion life support), but it's still a massive QoL for me since it's a passive use of taunt. From time to time I do reposition for 1-2 hits, but not for more as they're aggroing the boss again in that time. Happened very consistently so I assume they do actually hit quite well, maybe the accuracy scaling on them is good enough with gem levels itself?

P.S. Got both Awakened Brutality and some nice Unset Ring that capped my chaos res, Harvest keeps on giving.
Последняя редакция: MrCinos. Время: 21 февр. 2022 г., 12:31:49
Fixed - swapped a Jewel to be able to fit in brittle ground on boots, the missing quali was an oversight. Thanks for the checkup. Not referring to numbers, subjectively it does make a large difference. The double tics when both relics crit... Oh my 😄👍

Comes quite in handy as I went for a more bossing oriented farm strat, sick of delve for now 😄
"
Vennto написал:
Fixed - swapped a Jewel to be able to fit in brittle ground on boots, the missing quali was an oversight. Thanks for the checkup. Not referring to numbers, subjectively it does make a large difference. The double tics when both relics crit... Oh my 😄👍

Comes quite in handy as I went for a more bossing oriented farm strat, sick of delve for now 😄

This is the first build I've had fun playing since Ritual. I hit the highest level I've ever been in PoE after playing since 3.0. I've always played builds that require pumping exalts upon exalts to reach the power this build provides, it's very refreshing to have a ~20ex build able to do whatever I want and basically play 1-handed. Thank you for the guide.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация