[3.19] Boneshatter Jugg - Cheap to start with room to grow. Fast mapping/Endgame boss videos

"
corosou написал:
"
SolaceinSolipsism написал:

Hi everyone! How's it going for everyone playing melee (or some variant of boneshatter) in general? Drama aside, I am finding it pretty rough this league because the steel-infused mod at red maps just destroys the build or any phys-based builds. Fortunately, I am sure most other builds are also struggling if they get a set deadly combo of archnem mods.

Yes, I feel you on melee and self damage being too rough this league.

Putting a new build together last minute against this insanity of a path is rough, but I've been working on a little something that is looking and feeling very solid!

Well... At least it's enough to let peeps farm red maps with something very fun and cheap!

Gimme a bit... I'm putting a post together with the details and a video.

Stay tuned!

Glad you found something that worked! As for me, I am committed to playing boneshatter so if anyone is interested in finding out how painful my journey is, then feel free to share any build ideas or just msg me in game :)
New Build Showcase: 3.18 Shattering Steel Champion!!

Hi Fellas,

So, Boneshatter has been a lot of fun, but I've been playing it for a few leagues now and I needed to take a break.

As those who are playing this build know, the leveling guide suggested Shattering Steel, and truly, the more I use it, the more I love it.

Yes, I know people don't like having to deal with Call of Steel...

BUT, HEAR ME OUT!! CALL OF STEEL IS YOUR FRIEND

CALL OF STEEL IS EXPLODY ON DEMAND!

So, what do I mean by that?

Well, there's this new MTX in the Sentinel Mystery Box:

"Treasure Hunter Effect"

And with it and Call of Steel, you can create you own Explody effect and trigger on demand!

Let me show you what popping a large pack of mobs looks like on a red map Expedition:

**Click for HD GIF with sound

And here's a bit longer video showing the clear speed and single target in my first T12:

YouTube: 3.18 Shattering Steel Champ - Early red mapping showcase (WIP!!)

So, the details! To start my gear/setup so far:

Nothing out of the ordinary... Most expensive thing was 30-40c and a bunch of stuff below that. The chest was a self-farm essence on an Astral Plate I got from a set of Celestial Justicar cards (each 6c).

One key thing to keep in mind is that the helmet enchant is just the one I found cheap (5c), but there are other -Reservation enchants available for the other auras the build runs, so look for whichever is available.

And the biggest detail... It's a Champ fellas!

Sorry, but this is a Projectile build, so gotta get that Fortify.

Sure you can do this as Jugg, but I can't vouch for how well it will compare to this.

As far as what you need to do, you'd need to follow my toon (3.18 Doromel) as I work on the build cuz I just started it so no guide exists. I'll be making posts as I work on it here, so stay tuned for those.

Now, I dunno how far the build will take us, but it's MAD FUN and it lets me clear early red maps very easily, so I suspect it will only get better.

Also, as I mentioned, I just got started with this, so I need to work a lot of the details and if it's worth it, I'll make a separate post for the build.

For now, at least this will let ya guys farm from a safe distance.

So, let's speak about Shattering Steel for a bit:

It's quite strong for clear and single target.

The way you want to play this is like this:

1) Make sure you start with full Shards
2) 12 Shards should let you target multiple packs
3) You only need to attack each pack a few times (in my experience - you'll figure it out as you play it)
4) Each Shard will Shatter into 8 Projectiles that will directly target enemies and Impale them 100%
5) Once you're ready, cast Call of Steel, pop the pack and watch the pretty coins ;)
6) The bigger and tighter the pack is, the better, as each Shard pulled will do AoE damage

Basically, we're applying a ton of impales very quickly and then pulling the Shards and popping the pack. It's incredibly satisfying!

And of course you don't need the MTX, but having it makes it SO MUCH FUN!

I recommend leveling with Vitality/Purity of El., War Banner, Herald of Ash until you get to maps and can switch to pure physical damage with Impale.

A VERY IMPORTANT DETAIL is that we are running "Precise Technique" which means that we MUST MAKE SURE that our ACCURACY IS ALWAYS HIGHER THAN OUR LIFE!!!

If you let your life get higher than your accuracy, you will lose 40% damage!

This is how we can do it on the cheap: we don't crit, so no expensive gear. We can switch to crit later on, but for now it's not necessary.

You can see your Accuracy in-game or by importing your character into PoB and checking the Calcs page.

Here's a PoB Export of my 3.18 toon imported: https://pobb.in/eAoEIomHoL-_

Anyway, that's it for now. As I said, I dunno how far into the endgame this will take us, but stay tuned for updates!

GL and enjoy!

EDIT: Forgot to mention...

1) The farther away you stand, the more damage you do cuz of Long Shot
2) If you have issues with a mob/boss try killing it with Spectral Helix instead. I also use Spectral Helix for low-level-double-chaos-recipe Delve farming (which is how I made most of my currency for this setup)

EDIT 2: Thought of something else...

DO NOT TRY THIS AS MARAUDER. The reason this works is because of Master of Metal letting us temporarily spike our DPS based on how many Impales we've applied recently. Without that, this WILL NOT WORK.
Последняя редакция: corosou. Время: 16 мая 2022 г., 22:49:40
"

Glad you found something that worked! As for me, I am committed to playing boneshatter so if anyone is interested in finding out how painful my journey is, then feel free to share any build ideas or just msg me in game :)

Try fitting in Vitality. That's mostly what bothers people about the build, the lack of passive regen. That alone will make a big diff, but again, this league is rough, your mileage may vary...

GL
how do ı gain rage ? ı can not use berserk gem with that build ?
"
hasdelikaplumba написал:
how do ı gain rage ? ı can not use berserk gem with that build ?

Looks like you're talking about the Boneshatter build.

I explained very clearly how to gain Rage in the guide, so go back and read it again.

GL
Последняя редакция: corosou. Время: 17 мая 2022 г., 16:07:18
Regarding the state of 3.18

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share this bit of thought I ran into:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/uriswb/ggg_archnemesis_isnt_a_numbers_problem/

Now, I dunno about you, but at least for me this is a pretty on-point analysis that directly impacts this build, not to mention it's also decent validation that my protest at league start wasn't just me losing my mind and that I was well justified in taking action.

Now, I can't say this info is 100% correct, so if someone from GGG would like to clarify what's in this post, should there be any inaccuracy, I think many many people would welcome it, myself included of course.

GL
3.18 Shattering Steel Red Mapping Video Update!

Hi fellas,

So, things are looking well! I'm really enjoying how the build is coming along and on a very very low budget.

First the latest gear:

The most expensive item were the gloves at 3ex. The chest I bought for 10c and self 6L in less than 200f (very lucky!). Boots were 30c, not needed corrupted, you just want the +curse.

Here's the video (hope you guys like popcorn!):

Youtube: 3.18 Shattering Steel Champ - T15 Palace (Red Mapping Showcase)

A bit about the setup:

As you can see, I went Bleed+Impale Explody and it feels great! With Lancing Steel to help us out with single target, both mapping and bossing feel pretty good so far and there's tons of room to grow.

For the Bleed Explody to work you'll need several Alternate Quality gems, as you can see, so we can reach 90%+ Chance to Bleed. There are also nodes in the tree to let you cap 100% Bleed Chance.

Since we bleed, we're running Vulnerability on hit on gloves. I bought these for 3ex.

For the Vulnerability we need a way to apply a second curse and Windshriek boots couldn't get any cheaper. You don't need fancy enchanted ones like I got, was just luck when I was searching for a pair.

As you can see for yourselves, it's capable of T15 farming and it's not even fully juiced! Keep in mind it's early days though, but personally I think the build shows great potential.

So, that's about it... The rest of the info is in the previous post.

Oh ya... a PoB Export: https://pobb.in/6k2kmXhZMhhU

Enjoy!
"
corosou написал:
Regarding the state of 3.18

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share this bit of thought I ran into:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/uriswb/ggg_archnemesis_isnt_a_numbers_problem/

Now, I dunno about you, but at least for me this is a pretty on-point analysis that directly impacts this build, not to mention it's also decent validation that my protest at league start wasn't just me losing my mind and that I was well justified in taking action.

Now, I can't say this info is 100% correct, so if someone from GGG would like to clarify what's in this post, should there be any inaccuracy, I think many many people would welcome it, myself included of course.

GL

Thanks for sharing. That explains why 1 mod is destroying all the melee phys builds right now :(

Is your shattering steel build also struggling with juiced steel-infused mobs?
"

Thanks for sharing. That explains why 1 mod is destroying all the melee phys builds right now :(

Is your shattering steel build also struggling with juiced steel-infused mobs?

You're welcome!

I don't think I am, but I will pay closer attention to the mods, I rarely read them.

I think this is pretty respectable considering the circumstances of this league:

40 deaths in 3.18... I can live with that.

GL
Btw, I managed to make this build work and am on my way to clearing semi-juiced t16s efficiently now despite my gear being lacklustre. I highly wouldn't recommend playing melee at this stage of the game or copying my build unless you really know what you are doing or are just insane like I am.

If anyone is still interested in boneshatter jugg gameplay, then feel free to PM me in game at NoobNoobonRoids or drop me a PM and we can share ideas on how to make the build better.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация