What's a good MMORPG to play nowadays?

Since I'm slowing down on PoE for a bit, kinda wondering what's a good MMORPG to play now

I haven't tried it yet but Lotro looks pretty good - a bit old fashioned but it caught my interest. Another contender is Guild Wars 2 (The new expac looks reaaally cool) Not sure about going to WoW either but I miss it sometimes.

All in all... torn with the choices.
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
Last bumped22 нояб. 2023 г., 7:09:37
LotRO was really good when it first came out in 2007 and it had the standard subscription model, played the hell out of it for few months but it didn't have much in the way of max level content so ended up returning to WoW for Burning Crusade. I tried to get it again many years later when it was F2P after ditching WoW for good but it was a confusing mess of having to buy a load of expansions and premium features to get much out of the game. Some classes, races & QOL features were locked behind paywalls which was a real turn off.

Just had another look at it, it looks like they overhauled it a couple of years ago (https://www.lotro.com/news/lotro-producer-letter-march-2022-en) and there's tons content to play without paying much or indeed anything. Might actually give it another go myself if I can find the time.
Последняя редакция: RandallPOE. Время: 17 нояб. 2023 г., 8:50:58
"
RandallPOE написал:
LotRO was really good when it first came out in 2007 and it had the standard subscription model, played the hell out of it for few months but it didn't have much in the way of max level content so ended up returning to WoW for Burning Crusade. I tried to get it again many years later when it was F2P after ditching WoW for good but it was a confusing mess of having to buy a load of expansions and premium features to get much out of the game. Some classes, races & QOL features were locked behind paywalls which was a real turn off.

Just had another look at it, it looks like they overhauled it a couple of years ago (https://www.lotro.com/news/lotro-producer-letter-march-2022-en) and there's tons content to play without paying much or indeed anything. Might actually give it another go myself if I can find the time.

OOOOH I've actually been watching more LotRO videos and I gotta say, the gameplay and world building is just right up my alley <3 Seems like a super chill game to just explore Middle Earth and listen to that beautiful ambience <3

Will give it a try <3
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
"
ashwaganda777 написал:
Lost Ark
Star Wars
Old School RuneScape (OSRS)/RuneScape 3
A classic choice, WoW)))
Final Fantasy XIV

Hohoho I actually missed playing SWTOR <3 Good story with the Imperial Spy <3

I haven't actually played FF14 but I heard form a lot of peeps it's good!

I might try LotRO first then maybe FF14
eve online?
lots of options, very complex, great sounds and lots of pvp.
However, you have to prepare for a long time for PVP. But emotions are at the highest level. and it's more about "excel table" action with maximum zoom out.
and if you're in a big pvp "guild" you even get calls at night if someone has logged in their $20,000 ship. Big drama and lots of tears in real life are guaranteed.

and gaming is not for everyone. because I played it with 2 monitors and 4 accounts. and I was available in voice the whole time.
and nowhere is you safe. There you can even kill others in the "city" and steal their loot.
Non existent these days, cause all of the good mmorpgs died out over the past years.
Most of the "new" ones are just cash grab filth. (Lost ark, wow and so on)

FFXIV is somewhat decent if you enjoy and value story content/lore more than anything else cause everything else (raids, combat, crafting, long term) got watered down by a lot over the past two expansions.

Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
MMO is dead and will never rive to old glory days
"
anti4z500 написал:

I find it sad that I agree with this comment.
I spend my whole life at gaming, so some of the best games to play right now are skyrim and genshin impact.
And skyrim is single player while genshin impact is a cashy game and mostly a single player game, path of exile is super good, but I cannot remember the last time I grind a dungeon with another player, it is so much easier to just wipe dungeons alone without fear of getting loot theft.
Hey OP,

Could you elaborate on what your favourite content has been in MMOs you've played in the past?

Like, I've real-world friends who've been subscribed to WoW at the same time - some were only interested in playing PvP, some were specifically playing as (for our server) hardcore raiders, and some were more casual PvE-focused people. I'd be inclined to give each of these groups pretty different recommendations; but I don't know anything about your approach to the genre.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
mina97 написал:
"
anti4z500 написал:

I find it sad that I agree with this comment.
I spend my whole life at gaming, so some of the best games to play right now are skyrim and genshin impact.
And skyrim is single player while genshin impact is a cashy game and mostly a single player game, path of exile is super good, but I cannot remember the last time I grind a dungeon with another player, it is so much easier to just wipe dungeons alone without fear of getting loot theft.

You can't say that. I've been playing for 30 years too. However, I have only experienced a few games compared to what is on the market. Certain projects require several years of playing time so that you can experience it from many sides. And certain projects have their best times and bad or extremely bad times. example would be wow. A masterpiece at the beginning -> start as an undead and unlock the undead city. That's so awesome! and then the first adventures with other players. No game could hold a candle to the project.

or eve online. 1 year of playing time is not enough. If you play solo or in a small "guild", you hardly see anything of the game.
But if you've played for several years, can speak 2-3 languages in voice and are in a large PVP guild, then there's hardcore action almost around the clock. And even after 5-6 years I've still learned something new. I'll even say more, I had absolutely no idea about the more than 50% content in the game. Even though I constantly played with top people. Because there is a lot of boring PVE content that doesn't make me hot.

Therefore, in my opinion, this cannot be evaluated at all. because every player likes something different. pvp, pve, social aspect etc. and that also changes over time.
That also happened to me with wow. wow game is currently like a strange hamburger from a well-known fast food company that I ate a few years ago. Bread smelled and tasted like paper. and meat... well I highly doubt it was even meat. and vegetables were probably made of plastic. and when I was in the bathroom, I knew that I would never buy it again. because the end result could be used as a deadly weapon.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация