What's a good MMORPG to play nowadays?

"
Sarno написал:
Hey OP,

Could you elaborate on what your favourite content has been in MMOs you've played in the past?

Like, I've real-world friends who've been subscribed to WoW at the same time - some were only interested in playing PvP, some were specifically playing as (for our server) hardcore raiders, and some were more casual PvE-focused people. I'd be inclined to give each of these groups pretty different recommendations; but I don't know anything about your approach to the genre.

Oh right, sure of course! :D

I super enjoy PvE content - I love questing; reading on the lore; and exploring a huge open world. I guess that's why LotRO has been on my eyes for a while now because I've seen videos that describe just how immersive the world building is.

I super enjoyed doing that with ESO (Had about 2000 hours there just questing and roaming around) but I stopped playing that because of the janky combat :( So yea, I guess I'm trying to find an MMO that just sucks you into the world, while having a fairly enjoyable combat experience.

I also enjoyed raiding in WoW as the mechanics are pretty fun <3 The dungeons of WoW are pretty neat too <3

As for PvP, the last MMO I played with an enjoyable PvP experience was ESO, the WvW was a good time.

Now that I have typed it, I realize I want so many things from an MMO so I guess I can just focus on the PvE experience for now - most notably on the questing and immersion.
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
"
anti4z500 написал:
MMO is dead and will never rive to old glory days

Aww probably won't go back to the glory days, true, but I wouldn't count it as dead.

Still a good number of people playing it, and I'm after the world building MMOs can give (While retaining the social aspects because I seriously like bumping or just seeing people roam around the world)
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
"
anti4z500 написал:

110% Agree.
"
wickedmaki написал:
"
anti4z500 написал:

110% Agree.

Newer market wants instant gratification, this just doesn't coincide with MMORPG's game loop for the most part.

Hate to admit it, but don't think we'll see another Everquest or WoW MMO defining type game again. Plus microtransactions are cancer, and it seems every new MMO these days has some type of P2W wall for a cash grab in it. (Looking at you Lost Ark)
"
kevin51287 написал:
"
wickedmaki написал:
"
anti4z500 написал:

110% Agree.

Newer market wants instant gratification, this just doesn't coincide with MMORPG's game loop for the most part.

Hate to admit it, but don't think we'll see another Everquest or WoW MMO defining type game again. Plus microtransactions are cancer, and it seems every new MMO these days has some type of P2W wall for a cash grab in it. (Looking at you Lost Ark)

Yeapp, 100%...

I played WoW retail since vanilla and stop just before the crappy Shadowlands, that day the WoW died.
Последняя редакция: wickedmaki. Время: 20 нояб. 2023 г., 20:10:50
"
wickedmaki написал:
"
kevin51287 написал:
"
wickedmaki написал:

110% Agree.

Yeapp, 100%...

I played WoW retail since vanilla and stop just before the crappy Shadowlands, that day the WoW died.

Dragonflight looks like it's doing well though, especially with the amount of content that's pushing out~
Последняя редакция: Cowrex. Время: 22 нояб. 2023 г., 7:09:44

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация