Transfigured gems have near zero usability versus alternate gems from Heist

I checked all of the transfigured gems and tried a good handful of them and they decided to make this change when they only made a handful of transfigured gems but alt gems covered every skill gem and every support gem.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like this change was some type of last minute decision.

There are nowhere near as many transfigured gems as there were alt gems from Heist. The Heist gems were well designed and worked perfect because it gave different choices for different skill gems AND support gems.

I'm glad at least the activity you do now to get the gems is less bothersome than Heist because Heist took a long time to finish but there were people dedicated to running Heist just for the gems.

Then again, we literally lost helmet, boot, glove and belt enchants thanks to this change. So this is a net negative in every aspect.

This change is the equivalent of removing sanctified relics from Sanctum. What reason do you have for running Sanctums other than the loot? You don't get the sanctified relics anymore so what reason do you have for running it? Similarly, what reason do you have to run Heist anymore other than for some niche gear that barely anyone uses? The only useful bases from Heist are the dagger, claw and that one elemental sword that people use to get a 20 link skill.

They also used transfigured gems as an excuse to remove the GCP recipe for turning in skill gems to get GCP. Another sneak nerf.

They also removed the Prime Regrading Lens and Secondary Regrading Lens. These were currency items that allowed you to actually switch the quality of a gem into something else.

Now you instead just have to continue running labs and hope that you hit the slot machine and get the correct transfigured gem and even then, the transfigured gems have little to no use as opposed to the alternate gems from Heist, so what is even the point of it anymore?

Once again removing any sliver of player agency or determinism. It's just awful.

I checked every skill gem I have on multiple builds and I see no usability for any of them. In fact, the base gems that they changed with the regular quality have better usability than the transfigured gems. I can maybe see some type of summoning builds using transfigured gems, but outside of that. I don't see how it's useful. Am I missing something? I legit read through all of them and don't see the use cases.

I get they're trying different things but they literally removed something useful and something that worked great and replaced it with something that has less options and less usability. Was this meant as a disguised nerf in order to remove all the alt gems from Heist? I just don't get it.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Последняя редакция: MLGonthorian. Время: 12 дек. 2023 г., 4:26:04
Last bumped2 мая 2024 г., 23:38:29
I thought most of the alternate qualities were pretty dull. Which is to be expected; there's only so much you can do with one stat difference. I don't miss them.

But the current incarnation of transfigured gems seems kind of inelegant to me too. The "X of Y" name pattern doesn't feel right here because it's associated with (changeable!) item mods, and sometimes it just sounds awful. And yeah, the selection is pretty spotty. I feel like they should have waited until they had one for every skill.

I know that cramming some of these changes into a quality stat would never have worked though.

"
MLGonthorian написал:
What reason do you have for running Sanctums other than the loot? You don't get the permanent relics anymore so what reason do you have for running it? Similarly, what reason do you have to run Heist anymore other than for some niche gear that barely anyone uses?
Maybe people enjoy playing videogames. Weirdos.

(I mean, I don't like Sanctum, but I've always enjoyed Heist and that's never been because of the gems)
[delete]

OP just spams the forums remove

Has no idea what they are talking about. Remove their post. Not only are they wrong about uniques and how useful they are. But they are completely wrong about transfigured gems.

Not surprising coming from a private 0 challenge profile. Usually have nothing intelligent to say.
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
Последняя редакция: Chickenwink. Время: 26 дек. 2023 г., 7:07:18
"
Chickenwink написал:
Plenty of replicas to still be found in heist that thousands of players use. Not sure what the OP is going on about in their heist opinion piece, not to mention they buffed all currency rewards at the end as well.

As for the OP's opinions on transfigured gems. Its just too early to say what builds can come out of them. And it would make sense that OP's builds wouldn't work properly with those gems or be optimized for them...

Because they have a different play to them. Its not like alternate quality where you can just interchange them 1:1, some completely modify how a gem behaves to the point that you dont even scale them the same way.

Right off the bat both versions of TR that were revealed I could make something out of and would be an improved version of base TR, not only from arrows but from their effects, one of them literally provides withered AND more projectiles compared to base TR.

The enchant removals are a slight nerf to builds but its not like anything is struggling without them. Enchants were always a min/max sort of thing, nothing build enabling by any means. This is offset if not ignored, by the immense and INCREASING borrowed power we get each league. The ascendancy providing 3 charm slots that can basically be flame/flesh but for any ascendancy is completely cracked in power.

Give one example of a useful replica unique other than Replica Alberon's Warpath. I'll wait.

It's not too early to tell. Read the transfigured gems and then port the gems into pob with a build you have on Standard. Then, test the build on Standard. I did this and the conclusion is that the gems are not useful and are a gimmick when it comes to making you feel like it's doing something different. The gems are not useful as opposed to Heist alt gems either.

Enchant removal is a HUGE nerf. Some of the enchants were build enabling for certain interactions to reach certain thresholds. I'm not going to list them here because then if devs read this, they will likely find more ways to nerf those interactions too. Helmet enchants especially gave something to strive for when it came to end game.

Removing the option to strive for end game gear or having the choice or striving for something that is min maxed is not positive and is a coping mechanism for having the interaction removed.

The new ascendancies you speak of in the LEAGUE are irrelevant because they did not make this available on Standard. You are enjoying that extra ascendancy you are getting now but wait when the league is over and they wait 2 years before re-releasing it with nerfed ascendancy passives, if they even re-release it.

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
"
MLGonthorian написал:
"
Chickenwink написал:
Plenty of replicas to still be found in heist that thousands of players use. Not sure what the OP is going on about in their heist opinion piece, not to mention they buffed all currency rewards at the end as well.

As for the OP's opinions on transfigured gems. Its just too early to say what builds can come out of them. And it would make sense that OP's builds wouldn't work properly with those gems or be optimized for them...

Because they have a different play to them. Its not like alternate quality where you can just interchange them 1:1, some completely modify how a gem behaves to the point that you dont even scale them the same way.

Right off the bat both versions of TR that were revealed I could make something out of and would be an improved version of base TR, not only from arrows but from their effects, one of them literally provides withered AND more projectiles compared to base TR.

The enchant removals are a slight nerf to builds but its not like anything is struggling without them. Enchants were always a min/max sort of thing, nothing build enabling by any means. This is offset if not ignored, by the immense and INCREASING borrowed power we get each league. The ascendancy providing 3 charm slots that can basically be flame/flesh but for any ascendancy is completely cracked in power.

Give one example of a useful replica unique other than Replica Alberon's Warpath. I'll wait.

It's not too early to tell. Read the transfigured gems and then port the gems into pob with a build you have on Standard. Then, test the build on Standard. I did this and the conclusion is that the gems are not useful and are a gimmick when it comes to making you feel like it's doing something different. The gems are not useful as opposed to Heist alt gems either.

Enchant removal is a HUGE nerf. Some of the enchants were build enabling for certain interactions to reach certain thresholds. I'm not going to list them here because then if devs read this, they will likely find more ways to nerf those interactions too. Helmet enchants especially gave something to strive for when it came to end game.

Removing the option to strive for end game gear or having the choice or striving for something that is min maxed is not positive and is a coping mechanism for having the interaction removed.

The new ascendancies you speak of in the LEAGUE are irrelevant because they did not make this available on Standard. You are enjoying that extra ascendancy you are getting now but wait when the league is over and they wait 2 years before re-releasing it with nerfed ascendancy passives, if they even re-release it.

[delete]

Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
Последняя редакция: Chickenwink. Время: 10 дек. 2023 г., 17:51:26
"
Chickenwink написал:
"
MLGonthorian написал:
"
Chickenwink написал:

not even gonna read the rest of your post.

Replica Farruls Fur.

Oh Replica Farruls Fur. Interesting you say that, if it's useful, then PoE Ninja should show a large amount of builds using it. How about we go on PoE Ninja right now and check the previous league percentage of how many people used this replica unique.

"
MLGonthorian написал:

Oh Replica Farruls Fur. Interesting you say that, if it's useful, then PoE Ninja should show a large amount of builds using it. How about we go on PoE Ninja right now and check the previous league percentage of how many people used this replica unique.

[delete]

Последняя редакция: Chickenwink. Время: 10 дек. 2023 г., 17:51:33
"
Chickenwink написал:
"
MLGonthorian написал:

You think the highscores on ninja, limited by level will show you that replica farruls fur is useful or useless?

Lets just ignore the fact that it is 35 divines last league at the END of the league

Yea something that is 35 divines, completely not useful. The private accounts just get got themselves I swear🤣🤣🤣

So you determine if the item is expensive as to the reason if it's useful? Replica Bated Breath was 50-80 divines at end of league, multiple leagues in a row. By your logic, because it's expensive it must be useful.

Последняя редакция: MLGonthorian. Время: 10 дек. 2023 г., 17:17:02
"
MLGonthorian написал:
"
Chickenwink написал:
"
MLGonthorian написал:

You think the highscores on ninja, limited by level will show you that replica farruls fur is useful or useless?

Lets just ignore the fact that it is 35 divines last league at the END of the league

Yea something that is 35 divines, completely not useful. The private accounts just get got themselves I swear🤣🤣🤣

So you determine if the item is expensive as to the reason if it's useful? Replica Bated Breath was 50-80 divines at end of league, multiple leagues in a row. By your logic, because it's expensive it must be useful.

[delete]

Последняя редакция: Chickenwink. Время: 10 дек. 2023 г., 17:51:50
"
Chickenwink написал:
"
Chickenwink написал:

Replica Farruls fur is used in many builds and has been that way since it was introduced including but not limited to:

Tornado Shot
Ice shot
Barrage
Lightning Arrow
Lightning Strike
Flicker Strike
🤣🤣🤣

I asked you to link people on PoE Ninja using it since it's obviously useful by your metrics. You didn't provide proof. You then stated because it's expensive that it must be useful. Lots of things are listed as expensive, doesn't automatically mean that it must be useful.

Also, all you could list was one example. There are tons of replica uniques with little to no use. You gave only one example replica unique that you think is useful and a poor example.

Последняя редакция: MLGonthorian. Время: 10 дек. 2023 г., 17:34:26

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация