Transfigured gems have near zero usability versus alternate gems from Heist

"
MLGonthorian написал:

because it gave different choices for different skill gems AND support gems.

only choice i ever seen was "do i spent more divines on gear, or alt gem?" as all minmaxed builds used the same alt gems.
Boneshatter of complex trauma has its uses,
A significant part of high level players are using it.

It requires less attack speed->more room for other affixes.

Boneshatter of carnage is barely used, but we will probably get a transfigured gem balance pass in an upcoming league.
Последняя редакция: kolpo. Время: 13 дек. 2023 г., 11:29:59
Most alt quality gems were just numerical tweaks.
These new ones fundamentally change how some skills work and even what Ascendancy you'd pick.

The 2h Lacerate doesn't have to be bleed and the 1h Lacerate doesn't need to be Glad. You can go Champ, Zerker, Jugg or even work something weird with Deadeye Rupture + Crimson Dance.

Just about any build that attacks can now play Wild Strike. The spiral Essence Drain is screaming to be used with CoC. Both versions of Ball lightning look like Helix 2.0.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
Последняя редакция: Xzorn. Время: 13 дек. 2023 г., 13:53:41
I kinda love them. Not really due to usefulness. But some of the gems are just hillarious.

Zombie meteorites are the most fun thing I have seen. Are they strong? Not sure, didn't really try to make them good, maybe they work well with montreguls or other specific uniques.

Also Replica Atziris Foible is a great item for many builds, due to having the reduced attribute requirements and giving 100 Life which makes it good to use with stuff like Rathpith Globe that scale of HP for builds that want to work of a budget.

You won't find any build using Karui Ward on PoE-Ninja either, yet the item is great because it accelerates leveling and is a solid early game item.
i like them.

ive seen pohx using the mana rf, raiz is using the static ball lightning, ziz did a start with the falling zombies. i was using the single big meteor before i transitioned into wave of conviction which was my build, but wave doesnt have a trans version yet. i will be using the pelting fire storm in a trigger on the build tho to apply combustion.

i feel like theyre getting used more than alt quality gems? and people havent even really figured out everything we can do with them yet the way they had with alt q. theres still balance passes and more additions to be made to the system, imo its a strong start.

i dont think helms and boots etc made much impact to builds at all. 99% of it was just power spike, an extra proj, increased damage/cast speed/aoe. it didnt rly mean anything is was just turn up the number a little in a way you cant even really notice in the grand scheme of your build. 40% inc damage, its like getting 2 or 3 generic damage increase passives on the tree. who cares?

i think this system is way better. its not the finished masterpiece on first delivery but the idea and the start seem inspired, i love the direction.

I think its a start in fixing what i see as a bit of a failure of the support system and the alt quality systems to really bring widespread meaningful changes to skills.

for all the glory of the gem and support system on first glance the reality is that if i log on to diablo 3 i can load up an attack and theres 6 runes to chose from which might completely change how a skill plays and is used. if i socket reave in poe what happens? theres like 546,723 different support gems in the game and every reave build in the game essentially feels exactly the same to play. To know theres any difference youd need to look at the stats and say ok, when i kill mobs in exactly the same way with this build theyre actually dying from poison damage where as this other build it was lightning and fire.

the system facilitated an ocean of varied math and planning and gearing and very very little in the way of gameplay diversity. people bitch and moan but im sry 40% increased damage and 16% attack speed enchanted on your gear is not different gameplay, and thats 99% of what enchants were.

this seems like a start, pelting firestorm is very different from meteor. they can keep adding to the system, can we get a comet that does cold stuff? acid rain that pelts chaos damage? theres so many places they can go now and keep adding content that keeps leagues fresh with new builds and make it actually more interesting than a gem system which has just devolved into whats the max more damage gem combo. i got a 6 link and a "right answer" to exactly the highest number damage boost 9 out of 10 times. turning an arrow skill into a barrage is interesting, thats an interesting gem where you have a skill like ice shot and now it can be 2 quite different things. thats a rare occurrence and when u find a support like that you use it and then put the 4 'correct' more multipliers in the other links.
You are not wrong Snorkle but despite the different playstyles some transgems deliver the ones i have tried all underdeliver in terms of their numbers.

For example Cleave of Rage has this new cool AoE but the single target dps issue is not fixed besides that its very irritating that it requires and Axe and a Sword.

Vulcanic Fissure of Snaking got a good map clear feel but its single target dps falls short again. They could have made it that some cracks travel to the ground zero to hit the initial enemy multiple times to help the bad single target.

Ground Slam of Eartshaking also got this decent feel that it works out of the box like no extra strikes (i know its not a strike skill), not really extra AoE required to make it playable no keystone reliance or conversion necessary BUT it has a 30% less attack speed penalty. Why? A lot of melee gems stand or fall with how clunky they feel given the attack speed penalties.

Tectnonic slam of cataclysm has no business being used normally only with tricks that circumvent the endurance charge consumption.
Maybe its designed for generals cry specifically who knows

Perforate of Duality is another skill that feels great out of the box despite another attack speed penalty but after some time playing with non stop stance swapping its exhausting. Without the required stance swapping every 4 seconds i think this would have the potential to be one of the best melee trans gems so far because it solves single target dps and clear in one setup.

Smite of Divine Judgement getting built in Ancestor Strikes was a change that i like to for all Strike skills. This one works out of the box and does not come with annoying gameplay of requiring a button press every 4 seoncds. The idea of the secondary hit doing more AoE damage is also nice only issue is the current design of damage scaling where flat added damage often is the better way to scale damage than a chunky weapon and the skill lost its flat added damage from the aura buff. The skill is good though but i dislike that it comes with another attack speed penalty (15%)

Glacial Hammer of Shattering trades the bonus freeze and rare monster culling for 40% multi and a critical strike each third hit. This one was blunt and uninspiring.

Shield Crush of Chieftain this one is basically a tradeoff some more AoE for a big attack speed penalty for shield skills this is the attack time which defines the base attack speed of 1.00. it is almost as slow as Marohi. Was quite disappointed in this one.

I had big hopes in Lightning Strike of Arcing then the description got clarified for each time it has chained instead of the possibility to make it more damage for each remaining chain i knew the skill will be hot garbage. Essentially the skill lost all projectiles but one and does not come with built in projectile speed or built in ancestors. The clear feels worse than old ls with some extra projectiles and the single target dps is bad too. This one is poop tier out of all the ones i tried this is last place.
Последняя редакция: zzang. Время: 26 дек. 2023 г., 9:03:43
Depends on the alt quality tbh. This league has actually done a lot of good things with regards to unique and interesting builds with transfigured gems so lets first sit back and take a look at some of the ones that I have noticed became significantly better.

All Golem builds: Having the of Hordes transfigured gem literally made Golem builds way more budget friendly as they do not require the Anima stone to function and can do well on just a clayshaper, a node on the tree and whatever bonusses you can find or craft.

Flicker strike of power: I cannot stress how much of a buff this is, flicker strike is one of the few melee builds that viable everywhere except for bossing as it requires an absurd amount of durability and forces you to run precursors to maintain frenzy charges. But Power charges only require you crit often making the build way easier to pop off.

Caustic arrow of poison: You sacrifice the aoe damage over time ground of caustic arrow for poison that can be stacked and deals considerably more single target damage than the base version.

All gems regarding destroying corpses: Since corpses can be scaled based on map mods a lot of transfigured gems around them are much better including detonate dead and volatile dead T gems which are strong enough to run in a 4 link and deal millions of damage.

Flame Surge of Combustion: This gem is a net buff to all ignite builds as it creates a burning ground that will deal damage based on previous ignite damage delt to an enemy. Which is really powerful if you scale an ignite build properly it can work out to doubling your ignite dps if used correctly.
I read the title and wonder what kind of meta niche the OP lives and lenses the entire game through? Zero usability? In what universe?

VERY few of the alt qual gems were even used or had juicy mechanistic build enabling impact. The very few that saw use were almost entirely "same skill but number bigger". Alt qual Boneshatter for example just added attack speed stacking per trauma.

The same can be said of Helm enchants almost none were build enabling or mechanically interesting. Almost all the good ones were "same skill but with a bigger number"

and don't try to convince me that +1 proj, 40% increased damage, or an extra Tornado shot arrow or whatever is "build enabling". Especially considering those in many cases got baked into the base skill.

Build enabling is "you can have an off hand stat stick and a main hand big old high PDPS slow af gavel" Dual Strike. Snaking Volcanic fissure is completely different. Delayed blast EQ, Use all Endurance charges Tec slam, Mamba strike, and this is just a hand full of the smallest catagory of gems (they made vastly less new melee gems as is tradition of not giving fucks about melee most of the melee skills didn't even get a real transfigured version that wasn't just a pre existing thing or putting back an old threshold jewel number).

Even just looking at those melee gems I see more to like than any similar look at atl qual. ALL OF THEM. Like oh noes I can't stack attack speed with Trauma and make the number go up?

I haven't even dug into transfigured spells I can't stop messing with the melee skills.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Последняя редакция: alhazred70. Время: 28 дек. 2023 г., 20:07:02
personally i dont use or am interested to use any of the new trans gems.

i prefer the regular one over em.

i really prefer the old alt quality ones and for my own experience is just a total

I Ii
II IL
[Removed by Support]
I was hoping that new Incinerate gems would be interesting. They both suck.

Of Venting is almost the same as original in net damage given that it doesn't have release hit.

Other on is ok for Ignite but still boring.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация