Transfigured gems have near zero usability versus alternate gems from Heist

"
Hixxie написал:
I really wonder if this change was because they wouldn't be able to keep up with the balance changes for all gems in the game, and instead focus on active skillgems.

I have zero reason to use any transfigured gem, whereas Alternate quality gems had more use cases.

Can you name some of these use cases? I can't fathom how anyone thinks this. And yet people keep posting it. I don't think I've ever been more confused by a thread in the entire time I've been on the forum.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Последняя редакция: alhazred70. Время: 23 апр. 2024 г., 4:09:37
Plenty of transfigured gems are way more interesting, even essential, for different use by different builds. I think this change was just a "re-design" like explained above by others players.

Effectiveness/cooldown/secondary effect/aoe/speed...

The two gems (bossing/aoe clearing) i am using for my build (mines) are transfigured, plenty others skills are also available and almost all them (let's the 10 best skills) except 1 are transfigured versions.
Последняя редакция: Universalis. Время: 24 апр. 2024 г., 9:13:03
"
alhazred70 написал:
"
Hixxie написал:
I really wonder if this change was because they wouldn't be able to keep up with the balance changes for all gems in the game, and instead focus on active skillgems.

I have zero reason to use any transfigured gem, whereas Alternate quality gems had more use cases.

Can you name some of these use cases? I can't fathom how anyone thinks this. And yet people keep posting it. I don't think I've ever been more confused by a thread in the entire time I've been on the forum.

Any Kopogero or Saddropuser thread raises more questions with me, to be frank. Still, I think this opinion is most seen from people who play PoE casually or only play it on and off. I have yet to see a single experienced player say this, and the statistics from websites like poe.ninja back this up
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Honestly... just revert two leagues back tbh because it bricked a lot of builds and made meta builds even more meta.
i am only useing one transfigured gem. frost bomb of forthcoming.
it causes more damage with my build than regular frost bomb.

that is all.

I use 6 skillgems. only one is transfigured.

I used to have half of my gems that were alternate gems.
they might have been overpowered, but they were not ill conceived.
a more subtle hand might have fixed things.
"
AgnosiousD написал:
I use 6 skillgems. only one is transfigured.

I used to have half of my gems that were alternate gems.
Okay, but it's a bit like saying I have 110 passive skills allocated and only one of them is a keystone. That's the design - they're supposed to be substantial changes in the small niche they occupy; it's normal to not use many at once.

To me this is the bit that transfigured gems get right. I don't think it's about the old alternate gems being "overpowered", as such, I think it's about making the differences "chunky" enough to warrant existing at all. The game doesn't need another layer of small incremental bonuses.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация