Lab for trans gems SUCKS SO BAD

"
Aldora_the_Summoner написал:

The reality is that there is no good justification to this implementation and it is quite indefensible.

But it is what it is.

And they knew how this would affect SSF as did players.
Usually I would agree with making life decent for SSF, but part of the fun with ssf is finding loot and adapting to the loot instead of trying to foce a build.
"
arknath написал:
Usually I would agree with making life decent for SSF, but part of the fun with ssf is finding loot and adapting to the loot instead of trying to foce a build.

100%... this is the same in ruthless, you build around the loot you acquire.
Otherwise, if you want a specific build that requires specific gems and specific uniques, you're going to have a bad time. like what you are having.
Which is why the alternative trade league exists, because it enables players to build an incredibly wide arrange of builds.
These are the choices players make when chosing the league.
I never will understand why people feel the need to hammer folks who just come on the FEEDBACK forum to vent. It's a feedback forum. What do you care if Trans Gems are removed from the Lab. Or if they have a more regular drop rate.

I never understood why they were tied the Lab in the first place. They should all be available on the in game vender for both Trade and SSF leagues. As many of you stated they are abundant on the trade side. And if you don't play SSF why do you care?

"
Jixa87 написал:
"
arknath написал:

100%... this is the same in ruthless, you build around the loot you acquire.
Otherwise, if you want a specific build that requires specific gems and specific uniques, you're going to have a bad time. like what you are having.
Which is why the alternative trade league exists, because it enables players to build an incredibly wide arrange of builds.
These are the choices players make when chosing the league.

As an SSF player, 100% agree, that is the whole point of SSF, to build around what you can get and be aware of your restrictions.

Trans gems are loot much like the previous alt gems in heist, they were RNG loot. And heist alt gems were even worse to try to get, if you wanted to SSF them.

SSF players, except the OP I guess, dont play SSF and build their character around RNG drops like this. Unless they want to acknowledge the grind they will have to do. This is no different than build enabling uniques.

Devs wont change the drops or systems in the game they designed specifically for trade because something is irritating in SSF.

SSF, like the other non-SC trade leagues, are restrictive in builds. Don't like it? Play SC-Trade.

Can always play trade and ONLY trade for specific pieces as well, it's not like you get anything out of being specifically in SSF or trade anyways. Unless its an ego thing, than idk what to say. Both are self-imposed restrictions, one just has an in game system for it.
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
Последняя редакция: Chickenwink. Время: 23 апр. 2024 г., 0:27:57
"
Coconutdoggy написал:
Riot all you want you chose that mode lol

no. the lab just fucking sucks and is a net detriment to PoE and should have been fucking deleted years ago.
S L O W E R
"
ampdecay написал:
"
Coconutdoggy написал:
Riot all you want you chose that mode lol

no. the lab just fucking sucks and is a net detriment to PoE and should have been fucking deleted years ago.

Sure but that's not going to help you with your request nor the OP's
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Последняя редакция: Coconutdoggy. Время: 23 апр. 2024 г., 7:07:55
My main argument would be, why is new content tied into some league content as old as lab? This game loves currency. Why not just make a new currency drop that can transfigure a gem in some random way or even a more rare currency that is more deterministic? This currency could be farmable in some way like much of the other currency in the game. The game is about choices.. why should anyone be pigeonholed into doing lab for something new? Where is the choice in that? If it must be in lab then the entire concept of lab needs a rework.

They once spoke of this I do believe yet all they did is change the font reward system? That doesn't help the fact that lab is old and boring at this point. This game is jank/wonky/clunky enough in certain ways and now we're forced even more into one of the clunkiest and tedious bits of content in the game?

So transfigured gems are bad for SSF because you have to run the uberlab a dozen times, potentially, to get the skill gem you want.

Okay.

How many heists did it used to take to get a specific alternate quality gem? Because I've easily self-farmed every single transfigured gem I've wanted, this league and last league. I've even deterministically farmed specific skill gems I'm not even playing, just to test out the mechanics to see if it was fun enough to build around.

I've LITERALLY NEVER self-farmed my own specific alt quality skill gems. The RNG is so much better now than it ever was before that complaining about it is absolutely ridiculous.
That's a flawed comparison though as Alt gems are not the equivalent of Transfigured gems. Alt Gems were the exact same skill with some power ups attached to them. So simply more power which is then a reasonable justification for some extra effort to acquire them.

Transfigured gems are reimagined versions of their base gem. There's a few powerful standouts but in most cases, it's just a different way for a skill gem to work which might be appealing to a player.

Let's take the whole trade vs SSF discussion out of the equation. The previous introduction of a gem vendor was done because it wasn't good game play to restrict skills from players due to the arbitrary character class they chose, particularly when PoE was supposed to support counter-class play. Obviously giving all the gems to every character early in the campaign was likely to be overwhelming for new players so we were provided access in Act 6. Soon enough to be impactful but not too soon for us to get into trouble.

Accordingly there's a reasonable argument to be made that Transfigured gems could just as easily be sold by our friendly gem vendor.

Or alternately if GG keep them in the Lab, there's a very reasonable argument to be had that Uber lab should allow you to select exactly the version you want rather than have unnecessary RNG. Keep the randomness in earlier Labs by all means, but withholding an active skill from players with RNG is poor design. There's enough other random outcomes with the new gem font in the lab but a small change like this would be a welcome QoL improvement.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация