Well done GGG the economy will heal if this goes on forever

"
awesome999 написал:
Tell me when RMT disappear from POE...

Title: Well done GGG the economy will heal if this goes on forever.

It's gonna be a while...
~
The Mirror of Kalandra and user retention (view-thread/3489839)
Why not throw the ring into the sea? (view-thread/3488268)
Beware of misinformation on good leagues (view-thread/3514952)
"
ArtCrusade написал:
@awesome999: There will always be RMT. There even is RMT in games that have much less friction in trade systems like BDO. There even is RMT in games that from the outside look dead af. I'm not sure why this is even part of the conversation

You probably didn't read or understand my comments.
"
awesome999 написал:
"
ArtCrusade написал:
@awesome999: There will always be RMT. There even is RMT in games that have much less friction in trade systems like BDO. There even is RMT in games that from the outside look dead af. I'm not sure why this is even part of the conversation

You probably didn't read or understand my comments.

No, you misunderstand. I should have been clearer in my wording. I am in agreement with what you said and am adding more to it
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Didnt had a good forum read in a long while. Cool topic :D
"
CarbotZergling123 написал:
You seem to be under the impression that the economy being even more absolutely lopsided than normal is harmful to RMT, no it benefits them because even fewer people are able to get access to the endstates they are happy with under their own power and the nerfs drive significant frustration with the state of the game, the people who RMT are either lazy and will do it regardless or frustrated enough with the game to want an easy way out but not so frustrated to drop the game entirely, the changes make the second significantly more likely to occur. Furthermore the colossal imbalance also means that the people selling currency or items for real money will have more to sell if they can manage to break into t17 loot pinata farming rather than just spamming throwaway accounts for a few c each.

Edit: also essence was a ridiculously well recieved league, but it had nothing to do with the league itself, the same as the loss of players in expedition, kalandra and now necropolis. Essence coincided with 2.4.0, the gigantic endgame expansion that included the atlas of worlds and the shaper and elder fights, it was so beloved because it introduced the endgame that people play PoE for in the form of the first pinnacle bosses and a huge number of additional maps.

You say lazy they say why give up a couple hundred hours when the same amount of progress can be purchased with a fraction of an hour of irl time? Affliction was amazing to combat RWT due to people actually being able to drop what they needed given enough effort with minimal trading needed.
hard to take someone seriously who thinks the only people who care about items in the game having value are cheaters. instantly you have someone who is instinctively trying to demonise and dismiss people who think differently to them without having to engage with their opinions, you cant have a serious debate with that sort of attitude and 10 pages of this thread have just proven that tbh.

ggg have turned their item value into a garbage fire and they need to fix it. they pandered to the give us d3 loot bomb crying following last league rather than push the payer base through the necessary cold turkey and it didnt help, just like anyone with sense knew it wouldnt help.

if you just keep feeding the people who cry for more stuff you dont make them happy, you dont make them stay, they leave anyway, you cant buy long term retention by inflating drops. the people who cry for more drops dont understand this, you just have to ignore them, they insist if they can have all the expensive things for cheap the game will become a utopia for the 4 wives 18 children 32 jobs masses but actually you just fuck up your game nothing that drops has a sense of value and over time your game will just rot to d3 levels where people play and are done in 3 days because theres nothing to play for, all motivation gameplay loops have broken down.
"
Snorkle_uk написал:
hard to take someone seriously who thinks the only people who care about items in the game having value are cheaters. instantly you have someone who is instinctively trying to demonise and dismiss people who think differently to them without having to engage with their opinions, you cant have a serious debate with that sort of attitude and 10 pages of this thread have just proven that tbh.

ggg have turned their item value into a garbage fire and they need to fix it. they pandered to the give us d3 loot bomb crying following last league rather than push the payer base through the necessary cold turkey and it didnt help, just like anyone with sense knew it wouldnt help.

if you just keep feeding the people who cry for more stuff you dont make them happy, you dont make them stay, they leave anyway, you cant buy long term retention by inflating drops. the people who cry for more drops dont understand this, you just have to ignore them, they insist if they can have all the expensive things for cheap the game will become a utopia for the 4 wives 18 children 32 jobs masses but actually you just fuck up your game nothing that drops has a sense of value and over time your game will just rot to d3 levels where people play and are done in 3 days because theres nothing to play for, all motivation gameplay loops have broken down.

Wait... just to be clear... something very big happened in your life over the past 2-3 months (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3489839/page/2) that you went from "social democratic" to the other side? Wow.

"4W, 18C, 32J" ?!?!? Sheeeez! :|

Don't worry. You don't need to tell people how to think or feel about anything.

Yeah. I don't see items as veblen goods. Items have an intrinsic value, but you don't have to take my word for it. GGG is the one saying it and sirgog has a fantastic video on it.

I don't care for third party apps, specially those with tied to disgraced groups with known ties to RMT. I really don't. GGG says an item has an intrinsic value, then it does.

A mageblood / headhunter is now selling for less digits? WHO CARES!
5,000,000,000,000 BILLION mirrors = 0
It's fake! It's virtual currency for a virtual game!
As long as you are able to trade A for B, the game WORKS!
We have no GOLD! Just BARTER!

None of it exists in the real word... well maybe for the RMT seller it does after they sell it and profit.

So YES! If items are more affordable it benefits the player and it hurts RMT.

References:
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/v/veblen-good.asp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhC3sGkf_y0
~
"
ArtCrusade написал:

No, you misunderstand. I should have been clearer in my wording. I am in agreement with what you said and am adding more to it

My Apologies.

"
Snorkle_uk написал:

I understood that some people don't value "free" stuff as much as same ones they farm with blood, sweat and tears. Objectively, they are the same stuff.
"
awesome999 написал:
Скрытый текст
"
ArtCrusade написал:

My Apologies.

"
Snorkle_uk написал:

I understood that some people don't value "free" stuff as much as same ones they farm with blood, sweat and tears. Objectively, they are the same stuff.

1. massive props to both of you.

2. yep if people feel item acquisition is too easy that's a problem and it does cheapen the experience. Though, I'd be surprised to see anyone advocating for a more difficult game / experience. As a matter of fact, every time GGG tries to make the game harder and by extension make it harder to obtain items, people hate it.

3. I'm 100% with that statement: "Objectively, they are the same stuff". A headhunter / mageblood is still a headhunter / mageblood. Regardless if it has less digits on the screen.

----

This begs the question...

If GGG can't make item acquisition harder by increasing the game difficulty and "blood, sweat, and tears are required to give the item meaning", then what's the ONLY thing left?

Скрытый текст
create fake scarcity by inflating the economy and making it close to impossible for the 80% of the population to acquire wealth. That way, the rich feel better about themselves and they get to mock the people that have 4W, 18C, 32J. They can mock it by sheer skill (unlikely) or by buying RMT. That's not a mechanic I'm interested in. I'm sorry. If anyone is of THIS opinion we can part ways right now and forever, because we are never going to see eye-to-eye. Feel free to ignore my posts from now and until forever.
~
Последняя редакция: BlackMarshes212. Время: 24 апр. 2024 г., 7:42:37
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2118514889?t=9h9m55s

thats why Divine is less than 100c
Последняя редакция: baijusi. Время: 24 апр. 2024 г., 8:18:32

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация