[1.1] Davos Seaworth's Elemental Split Arrow Build - Solo every map with ease!

I've been using this as my first character and so far it's a great build. I found it a bit hard when I got blood magic as I feel I didn't really have enough health.

Another thing that was difficult was trying to use frenzy with life leech because I felt like I was killing myself because I didn't have enough damage yet. I think I'm just starting to get to where I'm not killing my self with frenzy. Using AOE shot I'm swapping between LA and split arrow and can't really figure out which one is better at the moment.
I'm new to the game and I haven't seen how chain works yet, but while talking to a friend (who is also new to the game) who is using Athena's LA build, he asked how effective this build I'm using would be against a pack of monsters when you can't really see the monster.. and how lower the damage would be compared to LA (I guess we have a huge penalty from chain right? Does LA have that too?)
Example: you're firing through an open door. With LA, lightning will just hit the first monster and reach the rest of them inside the room. How would that work with this build and what the damage would be?

I guess we really need a gameplay video if possible :))))
"
lobrauski написал:
I've been using this as my first character and so far it's a great build. I found it a bit hard when I got blood magic as I feel I didn't really have enough health.

Another thing that was difficult was trying to use frenzy with life leech because I felt like I was killing myself because I didn't have enough damage yet. I think I'm just starting to get to where I'm not killing my self with frenzy. Using AOE shot I'm swapping between LA and split arrow and can't really figure out which one is better at the moment.

Split Arrow isn't really capable of reaching its potential until later levels, probably 50+. Until it gets its 5th projectile at gem level 10 it's very lackluster in terms of AoE. That is the main drawback, but not a big one. I recommend simply using LA or RoA until then. I had that problem with Frenzy myself. It attacks so quickly so it's important that you have a decent amount of elemental damage on your bow and gear. You're using Wrath and Anger correct?
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
"
Trying an adjusted version of this on onslaught, should be interesting.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAnEEswUtDH0OPA6tEH8UIBRNFHEWbxcdGNsZLhmFGbQaOB0UIWAkqiftKLUppSzpMgkyiTbpOlJAoEOcSn1QR1BQVElVxlYEVw1X4lhjWfNbr18_YEtgiGFSZp5noGe9cql07XTxd-V673zZhmCHdozPjX6PRpBVmy2boZ65ns2fy6IApwinMKeErKq3triTud2-p8APwBrGnsbYytPNmM9l0NDSIdJN1I_ZYd0N3sbfv-Nq51LqYuw47m_vDu9O8B_yL_Pd9kj6sfrS_MU=

Interesting changes there. It should net you the following:

Gain:
+2.9% life regenerated per second
+12% all resists
+30% crit damage reduction
+50 base life.

Lose:
-34% elemental damage
-18% life
-20 intelligence (you'll need to pick up that +30 int node if you want to use max level Wrath, Elemental Weakness and ALD)

Personally, I've never had a problem with life regen considering how fast Life Gain on Hit heals you, and my resistances have always been sufficient. I've considered going this route myself, but I felt that the cons outweigh the pros. Your overall life will go down a bit, and your dps output will go down even more. The main benefit I'm seeing is the crit damage reduction, which I've heard can be pretty useful. Glad to see someone making tweaks to the build in any case :) Good luck with it!
"
xqflint написал:
I'm new to the game and I haven't seen how chain works yet, but while talking to a friend (who is also new to the game) who is using Athena's LA build, he asked how effective this build I'm using would be against a pack of monsters when you can't really see the monster.. and how lower the damage would be compared to LA (I guess we have a huge penalty from chain right? Does LA have that too?)
Example: you're firing through an open door. With LA, lightning will just hit the first monster and reach the rest of them inside the room. How would that work with this build and what the damage would be?

I guess we really need a gameplay video if possible :))))

Split Arrow works really well when firing through doorways. With LA, unless you're standing right in front of the doorway, only one of the projectiles is likely to make it through. With Split Arrow, you fire twice as many projectiles and even when firing from a long distance, at least 2-3 projectiles will make it through the doorway, all of which will chain twice and provide sufficient damage to whatever is on the other side of that doorway.
"
onizuka1488 написал:
Can you create a gameplay vid? I'm doubt to starting playing this build and want see in action/
P.S.: sorry for my bad english.

I would love to, but my main computer fried a couple months ago and the one I'm playing on right now is pretty bad. I can maintain a decent framerate playing solo in maps but I'm afraid if I recorded a video the framerate would be really low. I may still give it a try though. I'd really like to show everyone how fast I can clear maps with my subpar gear :)
"
DavosTheOnionKnight написал:
"
lobrauski написал:

Split Arrow isn't really capable of reaching its potential until later levels, probably 50+. Until it gets its 5th projectile at gem level 10 it's very lackluster in terms of AoE. That is the main drawback, but not a big one. I recommend simply using LA or RoA until then. I had that problem with Frenzy myself. It attacks so quickly so it's important that you have a decent amount of elemental damage on your bow and gear. You're using Wrath and Anger correct?

Thanks for the info. I'll give RoA a try too. But I have actually been using Grace and Anger and haven't been able to get my hands on a Wrath yet. Also would there not be a few problems with using wrath as I don't really have a lot of intelligence yet and that's even with taking that 30 int node.
Ok you´ve convinced me. I´ll keep following your route.

There´s one thing that would be really helpful though. Would you mind creating a skill progression section, showing what should be the priority every 20 levels or something?
When I look at your build I don´t know if I should go left or up first, or both at the same time..
There's a progression chart under "Skillgrimage" ^^
"
xqflint написал:
Ok you´ve convinced me. I´ll keep following your route.

There´s one thing that would be really helpful though. Would you mind creating a skill progression section, showing what should be the priority every 20 levels or something?
When I look at your build I don´t know if I should go left or up first, or both at the same time..

Look at the spoiler section under where it says "skillgrimage" on the original post. Maybe I should reword that.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация