Facebreaker Nerf

If it's anything, make the level requirement on facebreaker higher since the ability to level with them is ridiculous.

Being on my 5th Facebreaker character (3 have died, 2 of which were made before Bringer of Rain and Abyssus were released, 1 is on Hardcore, 1 is on Onslaught) I can say that there are some issues with it though. These are both downsides and upsides to facebreakers.

Damage scales insanely well.
The smallest upgrade can result in 1k+ DPS gained. My cycloner was gaining 840 DPS (420 tooltip) just from switching from a shield to a white heavy quiver.

The multiplier could be lowered slightly without too much issue to how effective the build is. I would not mind seeing it go down to 900 or maybe 850.

On the same point, I STILL don't understand why rings only roll up to the Annealed Prefix, but can roll all tiers of elemental damage. Honestly, I would look into this while nerfing Facebreakers.

Before the update happened with the stats refactor, I was actually talking to a dev about the effects of this update and how it was going to majorly impact Facebreakers. I told him to try it out, noting the amount my DPS was probably going to go up - which turned out to be correct and prompted some more experimenting. The end result was a 70k+ DPS CI/VP/GR Infernal Blow Facebreaker build which could destroy everything it faced - and the funny thing is that the reflect became an issue with the corpse explosion, not the hit itself (and the corpse explosion is not factored into the DPS calculation)

I should note that damage passives are basically unnecessary when creating a Facebreaker build as well. Though that by no means makes Facebreaker overpowered, which brings me to my next point.

Survivability is an issue still.

This is probably the biggest issue with Facebreaker in end game. Even when I'm using a chest (I use Abyssus in my build, Immortal Call, will be trying Bringer of Rain soon), I can have some issues capping resistances. Especially in Elemental Weakness.

Abyssus has the obvious downside of increased physical damage taken, which I counter with Immortal Call, but this can be an issue to keep up, ESPECIALLY in indoor map - add a party into the equation and you have some serious issues.

Bringer of Rain removes 2 slots of possibility for resistances. It also causes blinding which severely lowers enemy accuracy and makes evasion extremely effective. But the resistance situation calls for concern against spellcasters and such. It can be countered with spell block, but you obviously still want high resistances.

You can't get any life on your gloves, nor can you get resists.

As such, you are stuck getting godly items with resistances, or getting resistances from the tree. Which sacrifices potential for getting damage, life, etc.

I personally would like to see the life values possible on normal gear go up, scale Bringer of Rain to match the new ranges.

Sorry, this is a kind of quick post, I have a lot of things going on, but I'll probably make my own thread highlighting every point of Facebreaker - downsides and upsides. It's always important to keep the downsides and upsides of a build in mind when discussing it, nonetheless playing it.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Последняя редакция: TheuberClips. Время: 25 июля 2013 г., 15:04:20
"
TheuberClips написал:

Survivability is an issue still.

This is probably the biggest issue with Facebreaker in end game. Even when I'm using a chest (I use Abyssus in my build, Immortal Call, will be trying Bringer of Rain soon), I can have some issues capping resistances. Especially in Elemental Weakness.

Abyssus has the obvious downside of increased physical damage taken, which I counter with Immortal Call, but this can be an issue to keep up, ESPECIALLY in indoor map - add a party into the equation and you have some serious issues.

Bringer of Rain removes 2 slots of possibility for resistances. It also causes blinding which severely lowers enemy accuracy and makes evasion extremely effective. But the resistance situation calls for concern against spellcasters and such. It can be countered with spell block, but you obviously still want high resistances.

You can't get any life on your gloves, nor can you get resists.

As such, you are stuck getting godly items with resistances, or getting resistances from the tree. Which sacrifices potential for getting damage, life, etc.

I personally would like to see the life values possible on normal gear go up, scale Bringer of Rain to match the new ranges.

Sorry, this is a kind of quick post, I have a lot of things going on, but I'll probably make my own thread highlighting every point of Facebreaker - downsides and upsides. It's always important to keep the downsides and upsides of a build in mind when discussing it, nonetheless playing it.

No one forces you to use those helms though. I like how they help Facebreakers, but there is an obvious tradeoff when using them, survivability for a lot of damage.
IGN: ragol
Except Bringer far outshadows the other option in terms of survivability. It is really quite an amazing item.
Let's face it, you lose multiple slots of resistance but this is easily regained in jewellery and other slots, not to mention multiple areas of the skill tree.
The greatest benefit of running Facebreaker is that you can focus almost entirely on your passive tree while scaling your damage off gear. Now of course you can choose not to use either Abyssus or BoR, but you are really gimping the potential of a Facebreaker build.
Последняя редакция: Acrosis. Время: 26 июля 2013 г., 4:46:44
IMO they should add some lategame version of facebreakers that drops once in a while, has high lvl req and keeps this build a little bit above lioneye's/shavrones and all that ranged retardness(mby just ordinary FB with +hp or +ress on it).
FB is a MELEE build which means it has more RISK (rolling through the critical masses of mobs with a possibility of desync on -max ress maps) and therefore should have more REWARD, it should be neither worse nor on par with safer ranged builds (at least tooltip-wise)

buff for brace faker !
IGN: FifthCIShadow (HC League)

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация