Season Three, Event 119: 5 Hour Cutthroat Party

Regardless of your ideas and intentions, Hilbert, many of your post do seem to be a variant of either:

1: Complaining about getting killed by desync
2: Complaining about race schedule
3: Complaining about stupid race league mods (that you keep stating that you hate.. and yet you keep playing them)
4: Complaining about so-called "bad-mannered" players in CT
5: Making the same suggestions/feedback over and over again
6. Accusing a top player of cheating

Again, no matter how good your intensions are, the fact is, sadly, that most of your posts are written in such a way that they sound negative (to put it light).

Take this as constructive feedback to you own posts. I have tried to write this in a polite way.

Also, could you please link me to a post or announcement that explains the exact intensions of the CT races? It would seem as if you think the current format does not reflect the true purpose of a CT race, i.e., massive slaughter (which is indeed very unforgiving on hardcore).
Pretty bad event for me ..

tried doing it as solo, i beat vaal got to sarns around 1:50 , had absolute worst RNG for gear

then 5 ppl zone into my sarns which freezes my comp for 5 sec, get glacial hammered and dead : (

lifes hard

edit: had the most hilarious vaal fight as well... due to my shitty gear i fought him for a good 6-8 minutes

literally 80% of his attacks were ground slams it was quite hilarious... he did nothing but try to groundslam me
Последняя редакция: miraclechipmunk. Время: 31 июля 2013 г., 14:21:57
"
1: Complaining about getting killed by desync

Correction after 11.0. till then I only died twice to desync during races. After 11.0 I morphed 2 screens several times after getting killed look at a descent race in frozen abyss.
Either the resync code doesn't trigger at all because the monster movements get calculated on the client or it will always trigger preventing you to hit anything which could save your character like refilling flasks or effects such as LGOH.

"
2: Complaining about race schedule

This is a valid point! S1 had too many hostile events towards eastcoast players with 4 slots and it was improved right on the spot after the first races.
S2 didn't have any problem because there were at last 3-4 events a day for everybody.
S3 is totally hostile towards EU players and the events EU players get are repetive.
Look at 140 and 159/143 and 155 and the past races weren't any better.

There was only one good EU CT race which was on a Saturday. And if you count the remaining C F D's per slot you will also see a massive inbalance.

"
3: Complaining about stupid race league mods (that you keep stating that you hate.. and yet you keep playing them)

I am not playing Anarchy(default) neither I am playing Onslaught(only a half assed turbo)
And the only mod combo I have a problem with with Turbo+Lethal because this race mod is just stupid.
If I would be actively racing you can be sure I would have got over 500 points by now.
But I participated in like 12-13 races this season so a participation rate of 10%.

"
4: Complaining about so-called "bad-mannered" players in CT

Fixing that issue are 8 lines of code like many problems such as a spamfilter.
You know what happens in 1st person shooters to such bad mannered players? For example teamkillers? They get banned.
Or look at the RTS genre same thing there if they abuse mechanics such as buidinginvasion + sell rush.
And in case you are wondering ARPs and even MMOs ban such players too for unintended mechanics and bugabusing. Just look at the overflowbug in D3 which caused a Golddupe.
Imagine Racers who abuse the 1 players kill bug during party races, the whirling blades bug at brutus/merv etc would get banned. Then several players suddenly would disappear.

"
6. Accusing a top player of cheating

I accused 2 players of cheating only once and one of them is possibly banned he was even blatantly streaming with a maphack on and received a Devpm to stop maphacking......
The second player is heavily bug abusing and you can clearly see that in Fixed Seed events the gap is far closer because the maphack advantage drops.
If you consider my botterboard bashing as "cheat accusation" then you are right. But I have verified that those players are using the botterboard but I am not saying it directly because "it's naming and shaming" but believe me if shaming would be allowed you would see an exposure of almost 300 players and if you do a background check on some of them you will find out that they are only playing PoE because they got banned from D3 for botting/AH botting.
I was hated by JSP scum in CB before any forum postings even started because I exposed them as JSP scum in chat(JSP wasn't illegal back then and you could clearly identify many players)
I even had some on my FL who openly admitted they were only racing to sell currency at JSP.(kicked after that phrase)

After the RMT rule set in those players still have changing fools gold values because of PM or third party trades.

"
Again, no matter how good your intensions are, the fact is, sadly, that most of your posts are written in such a way that they sound negative (to put it light).

Because at some point being disappointed turns into frustration?
I can code and many problems/suggestions can be fixed/added via 8-12 lines of code.
But why won't they get implemented via a minipatch?

"
Also, could you please link me to a post or announcement that explains the exact intensions of the CT races? It would seem as if you think the current format does not reflect the true purpose of a CT race, i.e., massive slaughter (which is indeed very unforgiving on hardcore).

CT is intended to be PVP based not PvM based for 60% of the race and then ganging up on low levels.
If there was a huge exp boost for killing players and an expmalus(30% exp only) for killing mobs it wouldn't be a problem.
The best PvM players aren't the best PVP players and this is the main problem with CT.
It's still too much PVM based.
If players were forced to kill players before progressing it would look totally different.
But playing PVM till you are 5 or more levels over other players is just an act of cowardice.
Even D2s pking was better than CT because you saw the actions of high level players and killing players in sewers, arcane or bloody foothills was hardly possible as high level because you were already suspected to be a bad mannered PK.
Killing players on the same level was far harder to pull of especially in D2 classic which doesn't have any jewels.

"
Hilbert написал:
And the only mod combo I have a problem with with Turbo+Lethal because this race mod is just stupid.

This was the one I was thinking about. Reading your complains after every single Turbo+Lethal was somwhere between funny and a pain in the ***. You want to hear something outrageous? I actually like turbo + lethal ;-). And I am sure many others do as well because it is so different. It forces you to play something else than the standard cookie cutter race build (which you also happen to hate according to your many suggestions regarding fingerprint races). And here you have it: In turbo+lethal you are forced to play differently, yet you choose to hate it. (Yes of course, other builds will become cookie cutters for this race mode, but the variation is there nonetheless)

"
Hilbert написал:
You know what happens in 1st person shooters to such bad mannered players? For example teamkillers? They get banned.

This is not FPS.
"
Hilbert написал:
Or look at the RTS genre same thing there if they abuse mechanics such as buidinginvasion + sell rush.

I have little experience with RTS multiplayer, but what you describe sounds perfectly legit to me.
The question is: What is intended to be clever use of game mechanics and what is bugs? Only the guys at GGG can judge.

"
Hilbert написал:
The second player is heavily bug abusing and you can clearly see that in Fixed Seed events the gap is far closer because the maphack advantage drops.

This is where you are wrong! In a fixed seed event the gap between the so-called "cheater" and the average player is smaller because the good player no more has the advantage that he or she is good at pattern recognition and therefore is able to make less wrong turns than the average player, and it puzzles me that you refuse to accept this as a possibility! You have to accept that remembering and recognising different patterns in the map layout is a discipline at which you can be good or bad. The more you play, the better you become. In a fixed seed race, this aspect of the race is removed, hence the smaller gap. My wild guess is that it is Condemned who is that "second" player. Now ask yourself this: What IF Condemned is not maphacking (even if it sounds completely unlikely to you)? Is it fair to accuse him of doing so? Bottomline is: As long as the opposite has not been proven, you are not guilty!

"
Hilbert написал:
Because at some point being disappointed turns into frustration?

I understand.. but reading it over and over again is also frustrating.. especially if you disagree.

"
Hilbert написал:
"

CT is intended...

That was not a link..

I understand much of your frustration and you have always have valid points, even though I do not agree with all of them.. what is annoying is to read complains about the same things over and over again. If things do not get fixed, perhaps they are not meant to be "fixed"? Or perhaps it is not as easy as you thought. I believe you, when you say you can code, but I am sure that the guys at GGG can as well.
yoz to those who were frustrated getting killed over and over again by high flyers or so called "bullies":

i see no point to envy them, idolize them or whatsoever.

you do well in virtual, with no life playing, you mostly suffer in real life :)

play 12+ hours a day like they would, and you be a high flyers soon
I have no probelm with a higher level killing me or camping. We all start with a relativly fair start. The different aspect of pvp adds a very cool aspect of PvP i not feel in a while. The problem i have is dying to someone who teleports acrrss the screen from latency issue or if i am frozen from latency and can't defense myself. I wonder of not allow OOS would help and maybe they think about capping movement speed so and ultimate gear player with move speed flask with +move speed mod can't travel my map in 2 seconds and 1 shot me before i realize he is there or the latency even show him. The latency problem only problem i have. I real excited about a cool game mode like cutthroat. Also when the latency issue get resolved you could have them shorter and daily so people don't have to wait a month if they get 1 bad start to try again.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация