Spectral Throw

I wonder... why does GGG say that spectral throw shotguns (build of the week video) if it doesn't? I guess it did before launch and then for launch they remove that capability without saying so? (or maybe they did say so somewhere hidden in the forums?) I guess he hints at it by saying "this skill will definitely not be the same at launch"

"
Wiki написал:
Lesser Multiple Projectiles and Greater Multiple Projectiles are effective on Spectral Throw, and enemies can be hit by more than one projectile in the same salvo. However, the 0.3 cooldown on hits is applied per attack, not per projectile, which means that it is not possible to "shotgun" enemies as with e.g. Freezing Pulse.

"enemies can be hit by more than one projectile in the same salvo" seems to be directly conflicting with "it is not possible to "shotgun". WTF is the wiki trying to say?
Considering that projectiles are all launched at the same time, there's not really a situation where any other projectile from the same salvo would be able to hit the target within .3 seconds.

Even if you had slower projectiles (and/or hit in the sweet spot), couldn't the same single projectile trigger every .3 seconds rather than a different one?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Последняя редакция: Xapti. Время: 30 окт. 2013 г., 16:58:59
In a lot of ways I feel like this skill renders archery obsolete. Faster base attack speed for Anger+Wrath elemental builds, or higher base damage for physical%.

If the choice is being stuck in a zone with like 80% life scattered expensively all over the place for no reason, or a zone with 80% life in a nice bucket surrounded with tons of flat +life, it's not much of a choice at all.
Последняя редакция: LimitedRooster. Время: 30 окт. 2013 г., 22:38:20
"
Xapti написал:
I wonder... why does GGG say that spectral throw shotguns (build of the week video) if it doesn't?
It was very unfinished, and in this respect, bugged, at the time the video was made. Chris was not aware that was a bug at the time.
Can we decrease the visual size of spectral throw for 2 handers? It appears the glow makes it look ~1.5x larger. Maybe play around with the size or reduce glow slightly.

Is it for the developer or artist to modify?

Cheers,
Suggestions
>Alt 'Entrance' & 'Quest NPC'|http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26332090/subtledoorANDquest.png
>Alt 'Character Panel'|http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26332090/Stats.png
In the description of ST "Deals 60% of Base Damage", what's the "Base Damage" here?
damage on Weapon?
I'm confused.
IGN : _Xephirian_
"
e4l5studio написал:
In the description of ST "Deals 60% of Base Damage", what's the "Base Damage" here?
damage on Weapon?
I'm confused.
yes
"
Splift написал:
This skill is extremely well balanced. Even in early game it is not overly strong when you consider the speed and inflexibility of the missile. Its a unique skill that has unique support variations.

Does anyone know if using a maxed slower projectile gem will keep a 2 handed spectral throw missile entirely within the point blank bonus range?

I think the damage is piss poor later mid game. Like starting merciless or ending cruel. Even with a really solid weapon, which normally would be good with other builds for clearing merc with ease, and even give you decent dps till early maps when you can afford a replacement.

As for slower projectile and point blank. I tried the combo out, On return it is supposedly further away, so I wanted to see how this translated in game, damage was maybe better initially, but overall there wasn't an improvement. Not to mention you aren't hitting everything around you, just the closest couple mobs, so it translates into a big loss.

Depending on the map you are running I actually faster projectiles. Can hit mobs off screen, and yeah it moves your sweet spot, but monsters move a lot anyways. You can take the ranger node to increase the range slightly so you hit more targets and yet still have your sweet spot where you can control it. But I have messed around with the support gem and karui ward, and certain levels like lunaris with a straight shot you have great clear speed. Not running karui ward currently, but will try to use it again later. Had to wear more hp and resists, so have a few items that won't be back in my build for a while. but that one is debatable still anyways, although I do like the run speed for a ranged build too. and with how I sometimes use spectral throw.

People thought you could put a bunch of weapons out using slower projectiles and run around the map with a bunch of weapons following you, but that is actually easier with faster proj currently for me.
"
LimitedRooster написал:
In a lot of ways I feel like this skill renders archery obsolete. Faster base attack speed for Anger+Wrath elemental builds, or higher base damage for physical%.

If the choice is being stuck in a zone with like 80% life scattered expensively all over the place for no reason, or a zone with 80% life in a nice bucket surrounded with tons of flat +life, it's not much of a choice at all.

While spectral throw obviously has a huge advantage over regular arrow attacks, that's not at all a fair comparison overall; one needs to compare with skills like lightning arrow. Frenzy is probably the best comparison, but I don't think Frenzy is too great anymore; I guess with the right build it could be. Elemental hit is perhaps another skill to compare with; one which I know has been nerfed quite a while back as well but I'm sure is still quite good.

There are many issues that make it difficult to directly/mathematically compare spectral throw with bow attack skills:
• Bows get quivers, which can give really significant benefits
• Bows can have 6 sockets while the 1-handed weapons (for fast attack speed builds) cannot
• Bows —particularly thicket bows— are faster than all 2 handed melee weapons
• Bow skills are obviously very different from spectral throw
• Bows shoot nearly instantly and at long range. Spectral throw is shorter range and slow and takes time to achieve full DPS against each target due to the fact it deals half it's damage on it's way out, half on the way back (meaning that spectral throw will often result in significant delays between targets of wasted time/DPS)
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Последняя редакция: Xapti. Время: 31 окт. 2013 г., 21:33:46
That's a bit overthinking things. Spectral Throw has the following weaknesses:

* It adds a couple seconds to Time To Kill for monsters adjacent to you, if they can't be killed in one or a few attacks outright.
* Armour applies more severely against its weaker hits.
* If you want additional reach, you can get screen-long range easily with gear or Ballistic Mastery. But this comes at the cost of fewer extra hits on average.

And the benefit is use of a weapon with twice the base damage of a bow or +10% the base speed alongside a shield.

Really it comes down to its aggressive screen coverage and what the passive tree has to offer from the Red zone versus the Green.

"
one needs to compare with skills like lightning arrow

Spectral Throw is a Power Siphon that hits everything on screen at the same time by default, that sometimes does +50% to +150% more damage Just Because, and applies on hit triggers such as blind, knockback, and shock two to five times a throw.

It's currently just very strong.
2handers don't have twice the base DPS of bows, even before quivers. Also, lightning arrow shotguns, ST doesn't. LA benefits hugely from WED, ST doesn't.
Последняя редакция: aimlessgun. Время: 1 нояб. 2013 г., 7:36:51

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация