10.3 Update - BazzV5's Pure Totem Templar with CI

"
Foronisus написал:
I cant pass the medicine quest when im fighting the boss i mostly die dunno whats the problem i go to him on level 2 Templar also tried with Marauder both fails dont have enough poitons to fight him.

Get 2 Coral Rings from vendor (3 Wisdom Fragment each), 1 Hp/Mana potion from another new created charater.

So you will get 2 Coral Rings, 3 Hp and 2 Mana pots to start your character.
Последняя редакция: heatzz. Время: 5 янв. 2013 г., 10:16:11
"
Foronisus написал:
I cant pass the medicine quest when im fighting the boss i mostly die dunno whats the problem i go to him on level 2 Templar also tried with Marauder both fails dont have enough poitons to fight him.

Don't do it at lvl2. Go to the ledge get a few levels and then go back and do Medicine Chest at around lvl8
OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
"
Fearmonger написал:
Considering Tempest Shield is of questionable value, any thoughts on running Purity instead? It costs more but you could probably drop the 4 points spent on Diamond Skin to pick up a couple mana nodes and maybe a little more ES/Armor.

Vaguely recall trying Purity and Clarity separately in lieu of Tempest Shield but I didn't have a large of mana pool or enough regen to maintain totem casting.

It's a good idea to find a better use of those 4 points,(to Diamond Skin), and once leveled, Purity would offer more resists than Diamond Skin or the Bandits reward 4 times.

I like the idea and definitely worth testing out.
Just curious Bazz, what do you think about the possibilities of:

1. Fitting in a Flame Totem, maybe replacing Spork?
2. Perhaps mixing in some minion nodes?

The possible issue I see with the above, other than the strain on skill points, is that Flame might not be as strong as Spork. On top of that, the gearing is a challenge since fitting in all the minion gems with their supports takes up a lot of gem slots.
"
Hayrich написал:
Just curious Bazz, what do you think about the possibilities of:

1. Fitting in a Flame Totem, maybe replacing Spork?
2. Perhaps mixing in some minion nodes?

The possible issue I see with the above, other than the strain on skill points, is that Flame might not be as strong as Spork. On top of that, the gearing is a challenge since fitting in all the minion gems with their supports takes up a lot of gem slots.

I've partied a few times with a Fire Witch who uses a Flame Totem, (as a utility), alongside minions and I don't see it being anywhere near as good at clearing mobs as Spork or Ice Spear Totems. Having said that though I have no idea what supports, if any, she's currently running with it either. It does provide an alternate target for drawing agro but beyond that it doesn't appear to have much going for it.

Good to be thinking of alternatives for Spork and Ice Spear though as Spell Totem appears to be inline for some kind of nerf come OB. I've been testing Arc, Shock Nova, Ice Nova and Ethereal Knives as alternatives but only EK seems to have place in my build.

I now have EK totems in addition to Ice Spear and Spork specifically for Elemental Reflect maps, (thanks to Slurms for the tip and the pre-leveled gem). With EK being 100% physical dmg it isn't impacted by ele reflect and as such, less recasting is required when wanting to run that map mod.

Just want to reiterate though that the mechanic that makes Spork so effective is the increased dmg, (from any source), that mobs take while under the effect of multiple shocks. Without Shock Stacks I don't see any viable path for a pure Totem char and will likely go back to playing a Mara, (at OB), if the nerf is a strong one.
I hate to necro this post but I haven't been able to find anything on the viability of this build with CI now that we're in OB.

I'm 46 now and heading towards the CI node, I'm assuming this is still viable but to be honest I don't even know what CI did in CB to compare to this guide.
"
Dasidarius написал:
I hate to necro this post but I haven't been able to find anything on the viability of this build with CI now that we're in OB.

I'm 46 now and heading towards the CI node, I'm assuming this is still viable but to be honest I don't even know what CI did in CB to compare to this guide.

ci gave you 60% MORE es in addition to what it does now.

your ES will be a lot lower than this build had then. I can't speak about it's viability, but you will be running with 60%lower es which is a huge drawback. In cb there weren't any chaos resistance equip/nodes though, so atm the only thing that ci does is giving you immunity to chaos, maybe replace it with enough chaos resistance to reach a suitable number and forgo CI.

also totems in ob have an additional -30% cast speed compared to cb, so you will have lower dps.
Последняя редакция: zetiss. Время: 29 янв. 2013 г., 14:11:50
I haven't found dps to really be a problem yet, I'm probably a little slower than some marauders but its a fairly safe build. My concern is if I should plan for fitness nodes, or perhaps simply skip that side of the tree. I have no idea what ruthless will be like when I do get there.
"
Dasidarius написал:

Late reply I know but.....yes CI is still viable but it's a lot more item dependent in OB than it was in CB.

I'm using a "slightly" modified version of this build in OB and have 4.7K ES. My char is not quite as tanky as it was when I wrote this guide but with 83% resist all and 100% chaos resists it's still very strong for endgame solo.

Only real difference between the old CI and the new CI is that physical damage is more of a threat now due to the smaller pool of ES. Flicker mobs are the biggest threat with all other physical damage sources being easy to manoeuve around.

Quick update for those who asked.

Пожаловаться на запись форума