Season Five, Event 16: 1 Hour Descent

i lol'd at those ppl dying at the last second
was like wtf.
god pretty good rng, too bad i lost about 5 min having to alt f4 on chatters
also first descent race.. lost a LOT of time on goatmen/statues area and they suck
but #12 ranger and lvl 18 as ok by me

Never had such a sick weapon in a race. regal ipd/acc and then exalt lightning.
Need to be more spammy with the alchemies too next time. Had 5 left in the end...
IGN: Rollface
"
Altexatorka написал:
"
Athanof написал:
"
Altexatorka написал:
i don't speak for others, but 5pm in GMT+1 , it's very bad time for race.

nice for people like me...some people cant make many race because they begin when people sleep...or when they work...
need more race for european GMT

For me, i can attend 2 races this week (inc. weekened) :) Next week is slightly better, but the race type isn't.

I am sad, i really wanted the Divination Distillate.

Yeah same problem for me. Did not worked today but for season 5 race at 5pm or 9pm GMT+1 is not so good for me too. During season 1-4, with race at 6pm, 7pm or 8pm it was possible to make some race in the week, this time 5pm must be hard for people working like me like the race at 9pm wich is probably a bit late for some too.... It was probably the only race I made in the week today. Hope they will put race between 6pm and 8 pm back for season 6.

anyway, very happy as it was the first time I reach the vault and I started also later so not bad ! (for me of course)

"
tufferugli написал:
"
SirRabbit написал:
on a side note... 5 lvl 23 characters died in the last few seconds of the race... wtf?

yep, it was funny

One of them was me (well but I was 22), but there is nothing strange at it. I really really wanted to lvl up to 23, had only 3-4 more monsters to kill. And only few seconds left. You still get points if you die, so I totally leaped in carelessly in hope of getting lvl up.
So that was my first descent (only started playing PoE a few weeks back and not a big ARPG player), good fun but damn I felt slow, almost made it to 13 in the last few seconds but hit a dead end. Are there any good threads or something with advice for descent, as it's not something we can practice easily as I had to go really cautiously and wasted so much time on statues taking ages to kill.

So many people 17+ though so I'm clearly in need of improvement.

Looking forward to the next one.
"
BakkieSloot написал:
Second race ever, ended up #17...

we're looken' at the future record holder of every race right here
"
TheError написал:
"
tufferugli написал:
"
SirRabbit написал:
on a side note... 5 lvl 23 characters died in the last few seconds of the race... wtf?

yep, it was funny

One of them was me (well but I was 22), but there is nothing strange at it. I really really wanted to lvl up to 23, had only 3-4 more monsters to kill. And only few seconds left. You still get points if you die, so I totally leaped in carelessly in hope of getting lvl up.

So you get points in descent/endless ledge even if you die? I thought it worked same way as for normal races where if you die you don't get points. If that's true i'd play descents a lot more aggressively.
My first descent race :)
Got to around level 11
I literally ran back from work to try this one xD
I didn't really know what descent races were and
didn't really know there was a list of predetermined chests
I wiki'ed and found out just now! hah!
But still it was a really great experience, looking forward to these kind of races!
"
Xanoth написал:
So that was my first descent (only started playing PoE a few weeks back and not a big ARPG player), good fun but damn I felt slow, almost made it to 13 in the last few seconds but hit a dead end. Are there any good threads or something with advice for descent, as it's not something we can practice easily as I had to go really cautiously and wasted so much time on statues taking ages to kill.

So many people 17+ though so I'm clearly in need of improvement.

Looking forward to the next one.

Depends on your class I guess.

As for me I'm Mara and go Ground Slam until I have Leap Slam.

First zone I only try to kill the little stuff and only until I hit lvl 2.

Second zone I usually skip for the most part, mostly don't even get a level up (Voidbearers are too annoying to fight and the other monsters aren't fun to fight as well).

Third zone I level up until like level 4, the monsters are quite nice aside from the slightly annoying Rhoas/Necromancers.

Fourth zone is a rather bad as well, shock stacks can hurt, Molten Shelll hurts, Leaping Goats hurt... still you want lvl 5-6 I think.

Seventh zone is the Spider zone which you should farm a lot, it's imo the easiest zone. If you farm it enough, you can pretty much skip Statues zone which is truely annoying and I only kill some of the bigger packs of smaller statues and the rarely occuring Spiders.

As you can see you need to skip a lot and of course need to know which skill to use and what passive points to get. For learning quickly you might also watch some "pros" run that stream on Twitch.TV, or watch their VODs.
With just starter gear until tombs, didn't end bad.
Последняя редакция: ProNab. Время: 19 нояб. 2013 г., 12:27:30

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация