Lightning Strike, 1H Sword + Shield (Updated)

This build looks viable in Hardcore - plenty of life, defense and regen. I've converted the build to Ranger, but one question: how is the damage? You're mixing elemental damage nodes and physical damage nodes (for Lightning Strike and Double Strike), but wouldn't you just be better off stacking elemental damage nodes, getting a fast sword, and the stack tons of flat elemental damage all over your gear instead of trying to boost physical damage (even though Lightning Strike does convert some of it)?

Also, why not grab Enduring Cry + an endurance charge or two, and throw in Molten Shell? Those are free damage mitigation abilities.
Последняя редакция: s4ntana. Время: 15 февр. 2013 г., 19:25:50
"
s4ntana написал:
This build looks viable in Hardcore - plenty of life, defense and regen. I've converted the build to Ranger, but one question: how is the damage? You're mixing elemental damage nodes and physical damage nodes (for Lightning Strike and Double Strike), but wouldn't you just be better off stacking elemental damage nodes, getting a fast sword, and the stack tons of flat elemental damage all over your gear instead of trying to boost physical damage (even though Lightning Strike does convert some of it)?

Also, why not grab Enduring Cry + an endurance charge or two, and throw in Molten Shell? Those are free damage mitigation abilities.

Lightning Strike converts 50% physical base to lightning damage for it's projectiles, so you just need tons of physical base besides there's so much sword nodes below duelist/ranger.

If you wanna stack elemental instead, I recommend using dual-wield Cleave build instead.

I'm not mixing Elemental nodes with Physical nodes just for that particular Catalyse (50%) which is the best route that I could enter to get Discipline and Training as well as Swashbuckler.

You are basically playing this build as a range character even on boss you might not wanna get close to it (Brutus). You could put up a Decoy totem and use Shield Charge follow by Flicker Strike repeat against boss or just Lightning Strike from Range.

Of cus you can use Molten Shell when you got surrounded it's optional to you, I would rather whirling blade/shield charge away & recast Decoy.

When you use Lightning strike at point blank the 1st projectile will not hit the target as it's fixed and working intended.

I died at Cruel when I got caught by surprise by a large pack of mob, aggressive playing & lag. The bad thing about Lightning Strike is it's bad in dungeons or indoor instance as it's hard to target stuff when it spreads too much. Think I will have to shelf the build until later.
Последняя редакция: heatzz. Время: 15 февр. 2013 г., 21:35:03
Thanks for the reply. I have a pretty good dual wield Ranger build, but I was really interested in creating a shield build. I looked through a few, saw your Duelist one, and it sounded very survivable, with good damage.

Why are you shelving it? Because LS is hard to use in enclosed areas?
"
s4ntana написал:
Thanks for the reply. I have a pretty good dual wield Ranger build, but I was really interested in creating a shield build. I looked through a few, saw your Duelist one, and it sounded very survivable, with good damage.

Why are you shelving it? Because LS is hard to use in enclosed areas?

Just that the nerfs from OBT to CBT that LS has gone through makes it not that great as playing as other range build.

I'm just updating this guide for the guys that pm me for an updated.

let's hope that next melee revamp that GGG stated will at least change LS back to which it is originally.
Последняя редакция: heatzz. Время: 17 февр. 2013 г., 7:04:03
can you narrow down the passive distribution(ex. 30/60/90)?
Because i don't know what passives to choose first... :D
I'm new to the game, and I like you 1h+shield duelist!
Thank You!
Последняя редакция: macabreangel6. Время: 18 февр. 2013 г., 11:20:22

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация