[1.xx] Islidox's Build tips/critique section for Rangers

So I've been looking at these builds and the tree in general a lot, I was thinking about focusing on elemental + BM + life/liferegen + crit

It's at 93 points but the last few points are just pushing life a bit higher:

Any recommendations are welcome.
And another question: is there any "best way" to raise crit chance/multiplier? Just aim for a high crit base on bows?

/edit: got my help build-wise from Feels, I'm satisfied with that now.

Any tips on how to raise crit chance/multiplier efficiently still welcome, like what to aim for first (since equipping will take some time) or if it's better to neglect crit first and only aim for it endgame.
Последняя редакция: omgsupdude. Время: 21 янв. 2013 г., 17:31:19
I know this is a noob question but why would you not want vaal pact with BM? To a noob it seems those go hand in hand? no?
+1 good info
"
PatrickWatkins написал:
I know this is a noob question but why would you not want vaal pact with BM? To a noob it seems those go hand in hand? no?

In OB, Life on Hit will be a good form of instant life gain, so that is a possible option instead of Vaal Pact. Depending on your base life, your life regen can get to pretty ridiculous levels (500 life regen per second), so that is another option. If you don't deal ridiculously over the top DPS, you also probably don't need Vaal Pact for your life leech to keep you alive, even against reflect mobs.
In-Game-Name: Lezli
Hey I am New totally new to the game.
I decided to give a crit ranger a try for my first char.
But I really have no clue which gems to pick for quest rewards..

I just thought about it but really dont want to waste those rewards for crap which doesnt work.
Maybe some adivce? Which gems to pick DEFINITELY ?

"
Karudun написал:
Hey I am New totally new to the game.
I decided to give a crit ranger a try for my first char.
But I really have no clue which gems to pick for quest rewards..

I just thought about it but really dont want to waste those rewards for crap which doesnt work.
Maybe some adivce? Which gems to pick DEFINITELY ?

Lightning Arrow, Faster Attacks, Mana Leech, Life Leech, Projectile Weakness, Temporal Chains, Spit Arrow, Increased Critical Strikes/Multiplier

(Need more information)
Ok, i meant especially the quest rewards on normal ... Which gems are as good that you should not pick any other then that.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Quests_Reward#Ranger

Thought like:
1. Lightning Arrow (Lightning always good :D )
2. Phase Run (For better escape/positioning ?)
3. NO CLUE :D
4. Puncture (vs. "Bosses")

Thats just an idea.

So something like: "You should pick definitly split arrow, u can kill everything easy for long time" or sth like
I also tried to create my own build for OB, and I thought about making a bow ranger with Split Arrow and Frenzy as main attacks.

My plan is to start out like this:
http://bit.ly/WcAiHp (40 points used)

My thoughts behind that:
- I get acrobatics and its synergies early on.
- I get 2% Mana Leech soon (Mind Drinker), so don't need that as a support gem for split arrow in the beginning.
- I get 30% Projectile Speed some points after (the two nodes above Phase Acrobatics), so don't need that as a support gem either.
- Also there's a second nullification (+10% all resists) node up there which I plan to get too.

So I'm not too dependent on 4 or more linked sockets in the beginning, I can use Split Arrow with Fork and Added Cold Damage and later add Faster Attacks and/or Life on Hit as soon as I get my hands on one of them and enough linked sockets. Combined with Hatred aura this should be decent.

MAYBE Clarity (not easy to get I guess, also not sure if I need it at all when I already have the Mind Drinker passive).

After those 40 points I'm going to grab more offensive nodes, towards something like this:
http://bit.ly/Tek6Xj (93 points used)

In the end it comes down to (if I didn't miss anything):
+110% Evasion Rating
+138% Max Life
+15% Movement Speed
+20% All Resists
2% Mana Leech
+30% Projectile Speed
+44% Attack Speed
+174% Bow/Projectile Damage
+35% Arrow Piercing Chance
+32% Bow/Projectile Accuracy

So I know the first build I posted (the one with 40 points used) is a VERY defensive start.. On the other hand I think it would be cool to have so much utility early on.

So what would you guys suggest? Go for it as I planned or mix in some offensive nodes early on? There are many on the way to Acrobatics and beyond, so I wouldn't have to deviate from the original route.
Последняя редакция: Luzzifus. Время: 22 янв. 2013 г., 4:45:20
"
Thought like:
1. Lightning Arrow (Lightning always good :D )
2. Phase Run (For better escape/positioning ?)

Phase run has been taken out of the game.

Lightning arrow is not a early quest reward anymore :(
"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!" - Walter White
"
omgsupdude написал:
Any tips on how to raise crit chance/multiplier efficiently still welcome, like what to aim for first (since equipping will take some time) or if it's better to neglect crit first and only aim for it endgame.

If you're using a build like Feel's or Petrov's as your template, you probably won't need to build in too much crit (but that is again on the assumption that you have access to diamond flasks).

I would search for 2 gems, Increased Critical Strikes, and Increased Critical Multiplier, as another method to increase your crit aside from the obvious passives.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация