Are mods being overly strict now?

I'm going talk about something that just happened after one of my posts. I'm not mad or anything I just want to pose the question and see what other players think. I would e-mail support if I thought it was a big deal but its just something that I will adjust to in the future.

Here's what happened:

I posted in a thread about summoner snap-shotting. A poster in that thread said that it was intended. I responded simply "Its not intended, that would be retarded". I very quickly got a PM that my post had been changed. The words "That would be retarded" had been removed. When I questioned the mod he said that due to their new policy my post had been changed because it was not civil and constructive.

I'm surprised how strict they are being. Does everyone think this is cool now or is this being far too strict? I'm not even sure how to feel about it.

Resurrecting this thread. Wanting to see what people currently think on the subject of moderating being inconsistent.

Recently two things happened which bother me in regards to the moderating. I'll start with the most recently. I had an entire post removed recently and all it had in it was about 4 quotes from another poster and the only thing I wrote was "I'll just leave this here". The message I got about the removal was that I was naming and shaming. This has me very confused, I've never heard in the past that you can't quote another poster, it blows my mind that it wouldn't' be allowed.

The other thing that happened not too long ago was that I reported a guy for name calling twice and his posts never even got edited. Oh well, I just let it go. But now that my post got removed for something so insignificant it does bother me that someone who was blatantly name calling never even got edited.

Long story short, the moderating is still very inconsistent. I honestly don't care what they do as long as I understand it and they are consistent. But that's not the case and as much as I try to ignore it, it really gets under my skin sometimes.

Standard Forever
Последняя редакция: iamstryker. Время: 4 авг. 2014 г., 6:35:32
Still not strict enough imo. The 'Chris sells currency to RMT' thread is still alive.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Yes, [Removed by Admin]
Treating the posting population like children only breeds resentment and even more hostility.
They really don't know what they're doing.
Последняя редакция: Connor_GGG. Время: 23 янв. 2014 г., 19:35:55
The funny thing would be to confuse this with a hate thread and censor it.
http://wideo.co/view/449781379368063514-inexs-journey-for-the-8-stars (Music: Odd Look)
I am the guy behind price check forums yay: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387787 (i think.)
"Seriously, its a loot game, make the loot DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers"_TugBot_
P.sure if you have a problem with modding you can contact the mods with any questions, airing it out here isn't going to help anything.

Also, a lot of people dislike "retarded" being used in a negative context. I don't necessarily agree with such moderation but I understand it.
I don't think e-mailing support would help anything either. But I am interested to see what other players think, hence why I made the thread.

I was seriously surprised to see such a simply post be edited like that. I've has posts changed in the past but I was never surprised about those because they were always a bit over the line. This is the first time I couldn't believe it and messaged the mod back.
Standard Forever
I mean, do you not understand "retarded" being a little off-color?

Or are you defending the use of the word as being completely non-offensive?
"
Bukariin написал:

I don't think it should be looked at any worse than if I had said "That would be stupid".

Isn't this forum for adults?
Standard Forever
Последняя редакция: iamstryker. Время: 23 янв. 2014 г., 19:40:33
"
iamstryker написал:
"
Bukariin написал:

I don't think it should be looked at any worse than if I had said "That would be stupid".

Adults shouldn't be calling things retarded imo.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion написал:
"
iamstryker написал:
"
Bukariin написал:

Adults shouldn't be calling things retarded imo.

Nice.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация