Are mods being overly strict now?

You do understand that there are people who are mentally retarded through no choice of their own and have to live with that disability, right?

Do you think that the quality of these forums is less because you can't demean a disabled minority?
The fact that the literal adjectival version of "retard" (delay or hold back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment) is immediately censored tells you something though.

Note that the condition is named after the original meaning, and that there is the alternative literal meaning. People are sensitive to the condition (which is never referred to as "retarded" and has not been for some time) being treated in a negative connotation.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Последняя редакция: Autocthon. Время: 23 янв. 2014 г., 19:48:33
@Charan, I wish I could +1 posts.
"
Autocthon написал:
The fact that the literal adjectival version of "retard" (delay or hold back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment) is immediately censored tells you something though.

It tells me that people have taken it to the level of insult, and that makes it bad, just like ass, or dick. both body parts, both insults.
"
Charanjaydemyr написал:

And yes, the Chris RMTs thread is still going at this moment. The trolls have Support by the short and hairies more often than not with this forum.

Indeed 55% of comments are off-topic on that topic.
I prefer 1000 times players explaining to op their point of view whether they are wrong or not, rather than seeing the thread censored and locked first page.
http://wideo.co/view/449781379368063514-inexs-journey-for-the-8-stars (Music: Odd Look)
I am the guy behind price check forums yay: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387787 (i think.)
"Seriously, its a loot game, make the loot DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers"_TugBot_
"
JoesGetNDown написал:
"
Autocthon написал:

It tells me that people have taken it to the level of insult, and that makes it bad, just like ass, or dick. both body parts, both insults.
The evolution of language is a terrible thing, it perverts the meaning of pretty much everything with public opinion.

I long for the days when "gay" just meant happy, and retarded just meant "less advanced/estavblished/insert synonym here"
"
JoesGetNDown написал:
"
Autocthon написал:

That's kind of fannyfiddling around the topic somewhat. The presidentials of hypoximum suggest that if body parts were the conflaburation then a constable in his environment would likely preambulate with the words penis and posteria.
"
Charanjaydemyr написал:
Retarded is offensive in that you are using a word that defines a condition UTTERLY out of the person's hands to describe someone who may be by choice 'stupid'. There is a base wrongness in mocking people who can't help what they are by using terms that define them as insults to those who can.

We had a lot of discussion about this, and came to the consensus that just because a word is acceptable elsewhere doesn't mean it should be acceptable here.

Don't play the 'adult/mature' card, Stryker. You're smarter than that.

And yes, the Chris RMTs thread is still going at this moment. The trolls have Support by the short and hairies more often than not with this forum.

Too strict? Don't make me laugh.

I find it strange and ironic that this game features nudity and mass killing but you can't use the word "retarded" in the forums. You can't make words illegal simply because SOME people find that word offensive. IMO thats over the line on censorship. If the word "retarded" was really being outlawed here then any and all swearing should also be censored.

However I don't think I was censored just for using that word. I think the mod looked at my short 2 sentence post and figured that it wasn't constructive. I don't agree that it wasn't constructive. It was on topic and responding to someone elses position. I wonder if I had elaborated as to why snap-shotting is not intended then maybe the mod would have left it alone.

Standard Forever
Pandering to the less intelligent is how the US has been reduced from one of the most well educated and industrious countries in the world to little more than a bully with a big stick among the other global powers.

Every day reason and intelligence dies a little more. Sad.
Последняя редакция: Autocthon. Время: 23 янв. 2014 г., 19:55:11
"
Autocthon написал:
"gay" just meant happy
This was also back in the day when "gay" wasn't used with negative connotations.

"Retarded" means the same thing as "slowed" but today nobody would say "that car is being retarded" instead of "that car is being slowed" because they know in the current context it means something completely different.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация