Are mods being overly strict now?

These, imho, are slang words which no one takes seriously in context but they (GGG) are probably afraid of being sued or causing unwanted controversy. We could talk politics but the canard "when in Rome....etc." (meanwhile I'm listening to the "I'm struggling with hunger" commercial back to back about the obesity crisis in America."

Well, you know.

The climate is nice in Canada or Australia I hear.

PS I threw them $10 cause I thought one of the character's voice and monologue was hilarious. I'm a casual player but this is one of the best games I've ever played.
"
Shagsbeard написал:
"
ToxicRatt написал:
Calling something retarded is about the most offensive thing one can do.

Nah... any creative person can come up with stuff far more offensive. The ability to offend hasn't yet even reached its upper bounds.

Offensive to me. In fact, it is about the only thing that really offends me in print anyway. Real life whole 'nother story
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
The OP's argument is that, because he said a thing was "retarded" it is not the same as calling someone who doesn't see the point he is making "a retard".

"I don't think you are an arsehole, I'm just saying you act like an arsehole."

Now, let's see if my statement gets modded. I'm almost hoping it does, in order to prove my point.
Последняя редакция: Sinnesteuer. Время: 24 янв. 2014 г., 15:01:09
[Removed by Admin]
Последняя редакция: Bex_GGG. Время: 24 янв. 2014 г., 16:17:53
"
Sinnesteuer написал:
The OP's argument is that, because he said a thing was "retarded" it is not the same as calling someone who doesn't see the point he is making "a retard".

"I don't think you are an arsehole, I'm just saying you act like an arsehole."

Now, let's see if my statement gets modded. I'm almost hoping it does, in order to prove my point.

You're talking about a person in your example, he was speaking about a feature. It still baffles me how they allow names such as 'big black cocks' but don't allow other things o.o
"
Wittgenstein написал:
Not that this matters, but back when I was a volunteer mod I asked for comments like 'you're retarded' or 'this is retarded' to be removed from posts, just like saying 'this is gay'. You can go on about being PC or whatever you like, but in all honesty those are both examples of juvenile utterances that are just asinine.

On topic - there is no free speech on privately owned forums, so the mods can remove whatever they want.

*edit*

There is nothing 'adult' about cursing or acting like an idiot. Cursing and acting like an idiot are allowed in films that receive a rating such that only adults can view them, but that doesn't mean those participating in the behavior or cursing are acting like adults.

*edit2*

Those saying that GGG is actively trying to silence those who find fault with PoE must not read these forums much at all. If it weren't for people complaining, we'd have very few posts at all.

The irony of this coming from someone named wittgenstein. You must have completely misunderstood the ideas he was trying to convey.
I mean, seriously? I am astounded. Of all people to focus on the word itself, it's coming from someone who named themselves after wittgenstein. My God, poe's law at it's finest.
Hey guys,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about moderation issues. I'm not able to discuss the actions we have taken in regards to specific players publicly so I'm not able to outline the reasoning behind some of the probations that have been mentioned here.

If you are concerned about any of your posts that have been moderated and would like to discuss these further, please feel free to contact us at support@grindinggear.com or alternatively you can message me privately and we will be happy to go over these with you.

There seems to be some mixed perspectives about the approach to moderation in this thread. I would be interested to know more about what you would like to see here in terms of moderation approach and how you feel these would benefit the forums and community as a whole.

If you have any ideas or feedback on alternative methods that you think could be used, it would be great if you would share these. Please keep your comments constructive and on topic and we will be happy to look into these further.
Feedback Nr1: no more deleting, no more moving threads. No need for moderation. Allow people to vent. Censorship solves absolutely nothing.
You're welcome.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Hyskoa написал:
Feedback Nr1: no more deleting, no more moving threads. No need for moderation. Allow people to vent. Censorship solves absolutely nothing.
You're welcome.

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, I don't think that a forum without any moderation would be viable. A forum full of unfettered venting would inhibit players from acquiring any help or information that they were looking for on the forum as well as make it difficult for players to have practical discussions about the game and feedback they may have.

If you have any further suggestions please let us know.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация