Are mods being overly strict now?

OK I'll bite.

I am slightly frustrated by the current moderation, and the trend I'm seeing. The problem is NOT that there is too much moderation, the problem is the ROBOTIC nature of moderation.

For instance the issue that the OP described. It was a robotic mod edit. Maybe you don't agree with his use of "retarded", but within the context it is a perfectly acceptable use "that would be retarded". We all know what it means, we all know what it implies. It is NOT directed at anybody, it's a common expression for god's sake, if you pretend that this is somehow offensive then you are a hypocrite.

If the OP said "it is not intended, YOU ARE RETARDED", then yes, moderate that, it's directed explicitly towards a person. The way the moderation is done now, apparently they have a list of words that are not allowed, and they just remove them regardless of context they're used in. At least that's how it looks like to me.

Now the other example of roboticism that I've personally experienced. Last week somewhere in a random thread, guy1 arguing with guy2 and guy3, they were going back and forth arguing about a build. One of the moderators comes in and copy-pastes the standard "don't antagonize, blah blah".

So guy#1, says "thank you <moderator> for telling the monkeys to calm down and eat their babanas <3" (yes he actually said babanas).

And in the same post he says "helo <playername> i can't see your question, that build will work in standard for sure!"

If you follow the thread and actually read the last part IN CONTEXT, in the spirit in which it was given, guy#1 in that last part straight up flames the other guy for playing in standard league.

So me being an onlooker, I found his post quite antagonizing (pun intended). So I quote his post and reply "Wow, how can you be so arrogant. Monkeys? Really?"

No more than 2 minutes later I get a PM from a mod saying that my post has been removed, not edited but deleted. At first I thought, OK whatever, at least they dealt with guy#1 too finally. I check the thread, NOPE.

The post which I quoted is still there, still thanking the moderator, and still calling everybody a monkey and giving them a banana.

So I point that out to a moderator, and I also point out the fact that he's trash talking the other guy for playing in standard with his second sentence.

The moderator then edits the 'monkey and banana' part, and leaves everything else as is. Absolutely failing to read between the lines. It's too robotic, and frustrating. It lets "clever" assholes get away with "antagonizing" because all mods are seemingly robots.

Последняя редакция: Melkrow. Время: 24 янв. 2014 г., 18:45:03
I agree with the last two posts.

People in this very thread are attacking each other using sneaky words like "ignorant" in reference to ACTUAL people. Far worse than the example in my OP. Yet their posts are just fine and we can nitpick the word "retarded" no matter what context that its used in.
Standard Forever
lol. I just got edited by a mod for saying something could potentially be full retard.

haha. Is this game for kids now? It this Russia? What is going on here. WTF (what the flowerpot)
"
"
ARealJerk написал:
lol. I just got edited by a mod for saying something could potentially be full retard.

haha. Is this game for kids now? It this Russia? What is going on here. WTF (what the flowerpot)

I warned you bro lol XD

Try to be politically correct and don't offend people/groups of people with certain derogatory terms, and dont RMT/bot. That's about all you're not allowed to do here, it's really quite the limited set of rules.

Basically don't be a big jelly hater.

Fuck is okay because fuck is just fuck you know?

lol. so I can say fuck but not... the other word that people get offended about for no reason because I wasnt calling someone it or their mom it?

Really? Thats not fucking stupid? That is literally the fucking stupidest fucking thing I have ever fucking heard. Fucking logic i guess. Politically correctness is fucking stupid. Oh can I say stupid? Are all the fucking stupid people going to gather up their pitchforks, upside down of course, and run their stupid fucking faces towards me yelling whatever the hell stupid people gibberish is. Fuck. Scary though. Stupid people. Yeah. Fuck...
"
"
ARealJerk написал:

I warned you bro lol XD

Try to be politically correct and don't offend people/groups of people with certain derogatory terms, and dont RMT/bot. That's about all you're not allowed to do here, it's really quite the limited set of rules.

Basically don't be a big jelly hater.

Fuck is okay because fuck is just fuck you know?

Aside from some of the most lax RMT penalties I have ever seen and absolutely lopsided moderation, sure.
"just for try, for see and for know"
"

If you mean lopsided as in some are punished for things that others are allowed to do, then yes, that's what I said.

I thought RMT penalty was insta-perma-super-slam-banhammerz?

Absolutely not, it is disturbingly obvious how common RMT is in PoE. Their theoretical rules might be strict, but in practice, they are pathetic.

When running high maps with other level 90+ characters or trading extremely valuable items RMT is discussed as if it is the norm and that it is expected that most players participate.

People will casually offer real money for a nice legacy shavs like its nothing, or when asking friends where they got a new weapon etc it is common to get replies like "It was only 20 bucks"
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
Bex_GGG написал:
"
TRV написал:
My only suggestion is to remove the General button from the forum droptab. It would encourage people to find the right thread area for their posts.

We are looking at changing the drop down menu soon. It will likely still include General Discussion but will also include other relevant indexes as well. I'm unable to speculate as to when this may be implemented but I agree that it would be helpful.

"
INEXFadeXFHONOR написал:
2 feedbacks:

1) Someone should not be allowed to abuse the "report" to @SUPPORT too often.
I realised it can become bad.

I can see where you might be coming from with this but it does somewhat imply that we act on issues simply because they were reported, but that is not the case. We do receive a lot of reports but we only act on issues that we feel have infringed on our Forum Guidelines or Terms of Use in some way. In this sense, it is not really possible to abuse the report options available.

I sent out a email to your staff a while back complaining about poor moderation and poor web design. I am happy to see that the moderation has become more consistent although more strict. I dont mind being moderated as long as the post in question are moved to the proper area and there is encouragement to use said subforums.
I also had complained that the current forum design funnels people in general encouraging people to post there but not many post actually belong there. I am glad to hear/see a push towards making other subforums more visible and useable.

its nice to see my concerns adressed, even if it was not my email that spured the changess.

as far as people asking for a unmoderated forum. That is just rediculous.
there are plenty of places on the internet to spew hate speech and it would be pointless to even bother with these forums if no information was ever posted without 100s of no life flame posters flooding it.
How about GGG mods supporting scammers in this game? Are you still gonna keep deleting posts where people warn other people from their experience? And do you feel like people scamming each other is the way you want it to be?

[Removed by Admin]
IGN = DeizeCoC, DeizeCi, DeizeNUTS
Последняя редакция: Jake_GGG. Время: 24 янв. 2014 г., 20:37:39
"
Charanjaydemyr написал:
"
Deize написал:
How about GGG mods supporting scammers in this game? Are you still gonna keep deleting posts where people warn other people from their experience? And do you feel like people scamming each other is the way you want it to be?

[Removed by Admin]

Look carefully at the tone of your post and wonder if you'd ever get a serious reply from GGG about it. Seriously.

Name-and-shame is not allowed, and wasn't allowed as far back as CB, where scamming was MUCH more prevalent, because it can too easily turn into a witch-hunt. Instead of being used fairly, to appropriately highlight real scammers/cheaters/etc, it can be used as a weapon against people who've done nothing wrong.

If you feel someone IS scamming, you can contact GGG directly. Making a public post about it won't do any good. It will just be moderated, for the reason given above.

Move on.

There is plenty of known scammers that have been reported several times directly to GGG via e-mails and guess what? They don't fucking care or do anything about it. Don't come with this "Praise GGG god" bullshit on me again. Pls..
Последняя редакция: Jake_GGG. Время: 24 янв. 2014 г., 20:37:12
"
Charanjaydemyr написал:
"
Deize написал:

There is plenty of known scammers that have been reported several times directly to GGG via e-mails and guess what? They don't fucking care or do anything about it. Don't come with this "Praise GGG god" bullshit on me again. Pls..

See my post above. I'm not saying 'praise GGG god'. I think they've fucked up on a number of fronts. I'm just saying WHY name-and-shame should not be publicly allowed. Learn.

So you think people who play PoE are that stupid not to see who is trolling and who iss not about someone being a scammer? And most people would just spam other peoples threads saying they are scammers without a reason?

So the better solution is to SUPPORT DIRECTLY scammers by deleting posts that say "this guys is a scammer, care!". And even tho their threads fill up with these warnings, mods just remove them so scammers can keep doing what they want.

[Removed by Admin]
Последняя редакция: Jake_GGG. Время: 24 янв. 2014 г., 20:36:55

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация