Are mods being overly strict now?

"
Mivo написал:
This strikes me as an immature and fairly sad view. The internet is a medium, nothing more, nothing less. You may say things on the net that you wouldn't have the guts to say in real life, but that's cowardice and has little to do with the internet.

This, I would have to agree with.

"
Yep, you're young, and painfully so.

This, while possibly true, is nothing more than an assumption. Some people (myself included) are just extremely crass, and could give a fuck less what you, or anyone else think of our choice of wording. While I am not over forty, I am far from what would typically be considered young. Hell, I've had the same damned job for longer than most of the "young" have been alive.

"
You don't understand what Freedom of Speech is, how it applies, and where it applies. Again, another sad demonstration of the state of the American education system.

This, I agree with, in ways that it would take an entire thread to describe. When the United States government stomps all over freedom of speech in very real ways, few bat an eyelash anymore. When someone has a thread edited by a moderator on a private company's forums, the mods are suddenly comparable to Nazis. The United States (re-)education system is working as intended.
EVEN
ON
A
CIVIL
WAY
ARE
BEING
REMOVED

GGG, learn to take criticism, seems you dont want no one to say nothing bad about your "game", as it is not so much about language used, but about the ideas behind the message.
I have had my share of posts where i criticized decisions, all , ALL have been removed under the assumption of "new policy"

This is your new policy
"If you dont love our game, dont post negative things about it, even iof its made on a civil way"

Btw, seems more and more supporters are baffled with your game views, as of late?
EJRVBÑJKSBVÑERJVBÑJWERBVÑRWEJFVCÑIERVGLÑIJESFDBVIEWRGICVL3WEGRDVICWDSBCVIJWDBCVWIJDECVILDBWLDEJCHBVWLIDECGWLDICHYVGLWDICHLWDECHVW
DEVGERGVERGWWFVEFVWWEDQWEFCDWEFCWEFVCWEFCWEFWEFWEFWREGFRWREGFW
and btw, what you are doing is not moderation, is plain and simple censure at its finest
You DO NOT ALLOW CRITICISM WHATSOEVER
Posts that speak about flaws in the game are being removed very fast, or are being thrown in some corners of the forums where no one reads 8especially new comers)

THIS , what you are doing, is not moderation
Learn to accept criticism, if not, you will never improve
EJRVBÑJKSBVÑERJVBÑJWERBVÑRWEJFVCÑIERVGLÑIJESFDBVIEWRGICVL3WEGRDVICWDSBCVIJWDBCVWIJDECVILDBWLDEJCHBVWLIDECGWLDICHYVGLWDICHLWDECHVW
DEVGERGVERGWWFVEFVWWEDQWEFCDWEFCWEFVCWEFCWEFWEFWEFWREGFRWREGFW
"
Btw, seems more and more supporters are baffled with your game views, as of late?

Lately, more and more of the Support staff are selling their bodies on the streets of China, in order to feed their starving family.

Oh, shit, I guess just saying a thing doesn't make it true.

This thread serves no purpose.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee написал:

This thread serves no purpose.

To use your own words: "just saying a thing doesn't make it true.".
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
KopaKabana написал:
or are being thrown in some corners of the forums where no one reads 8especially new comers)

Feedback is being moved to the feedback forum? Holy shit, who'da thought.

Also if you can't make a post criticizing the game without it getting censored, I would reassess your ability to hold a civil discussion.
"

The forums are for adults, which is why you should act like an adult while using them.

I agree. When did I not?
Standard Forever
I don't see a point in posting anymore. I rarely even read threads.
Mods don't read the context. they read the quote, make a judgement
and then that's it. Yea I got trolled and I'm sore about it.

I don't particularly care anymore. What do I have to say? what do you have
to reply with? nothing meaningful on both counts. At least I can humble myself
and admit it.

"
Nightyb написал:
"
Bjarmfark написал:
and they act like the fucking grammar gestapo...

Aaand there we go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

</thread>

The Gestapo was also limiting free speech. Same goes for here. So the comparison is valid.
"
glh5 написал:
"
Nightyb написал:
"
Bjarmfark написал:
and they act like the fucking grammar gestapo...

Aaand there we go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

</thread>

The Gestapo was also limiting free speech. Same goes for here. So the comparison is valid.

No, it isn't. The Gestapo was a government agency, endowed with the legal authority to smash your kneecaps and leave you quivering in an alley...or dead, whichever they felt your mouth warranted at the time. So far as I am aware, GGG has employed no such tactics in defending themselves on the forums, and I am 100% positive that it would not be legal if they were to do so.

They are a private enterprise, removing things from a forum belonging to them. They could shut down the entire forum (or even the game for that matter) right this second, and they would be well within their rights to do so.
Последняя редакция: Gallowmere1984. Время: 25 янв. 2014 г., 11:29:47

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация