Cut-throat, Event 4: 4 Hour Cut-throat

This is the fourth event of the test cut-throat events.

An Introduction to Cut-throat Mode thread has been posted, if you are new to this league type it is highly advised you read the introduction.

Existing players who are familiar with the cut-throat league rule set are also advised on reading the thread as new rules may have been introduced, these rules are summarized below.

Summary of general Cut-throat rules:
  • This is a separate short-duration league that has its own stash (as usual). At the end of the event, characters and stashed items will be moved to Standard.
  • There's a PvP damage multiplier because players start with a lot more life than they do damage. This multiplier will be adjusted substantially based on feedback from this event and others.
  • Players are hostile by default to all players.
  • You can ctrl+click on the entrance to an area to use the Instance Management screen to manually enter other players' instances of an area.
  • Cut-throat instances can hold a maximum of 12 players.
  • This test is not a hardcore league. When you die, you lose the normal experience penalty for your difficulty plus 30% of your current level. You also drop all inventory and equipped items. Your flasks, skill gems (even ones in your inventory) and quest items are not dropped.
  • If you were killed by another player, your lost experience is given to them.
  • If you attempt to abruptly leave the game (such as pressing Alt+F4) in a non-town instance, you have to wait 5 seconds and are unable to move or use flasks.
  • The grace period of invulnerability upon entering an area is 20 seconds. This should start once the player is mostly done loading.
  • Non-partied players only show up on the map if they're nearby.
  • There are no notifications for players joining or leaving areas.
  • Portals cannot be used until they have been up for five seconds after they have been cast.
  • You cannot apply microtransaction effects to items in cut-throat. You may dance and have pets.
  • Cut-throat events are not experience races. There's no prize for being highest level. There are no prizes at all other than the fun of participation.
  • There's now a level limit on entering areas that contain other players. If you're much higher level than the lowest level player in the area, or much lower level than the highest level player, you can't join. Let us know what you think about the numbers we chose and we can tweak them for subseuqent events.
  • The guild stash is not available.
  • Players may not party up in this event. We are going to experiment with parties-with-friendly-fire in future ones.
My 2 cents for the cut throat input is that it is much more exhilarating/fun when it is a hardcore event. There is so much more to lose and it adds to the excitement, plus having ladder deaths makes it much more interesting, and being at the top actually means something.
I agree but when I read it from you I also read it as:

"
We want to grief Helman

;D
Actually contrary to previous replies, I love the setup.

Only HATE there are no prizes...

no punch and pie...

no points...

no point...
Последняя редакция: JaradPR. Время: 21 марта 2014 г., 17:20:17
I totally disagree with first poster. These leagues and 1 month or longer cut-throat leagues will be way more fun as softcore leagues. Loosing your character every time you die will only make people quickly grow tired of playing when they get griefed. Compared to just the fun of pack ratting multiple sets of gears for your characters.

In these short term races dropping potions might be a bad idea, but in long term leagues it could be a possible drop.

I don't know the current numbers on level restrictions for entering zones, but if its going to be restricted player levels shouldn't we be able to see what level players are when we ctrl-click entrances and see who are in zones. example: Player1(23), Player2(27). That way we can see peoples levels and choose our battles wisely, but still quickly.

edit: on the topic of what the person above me said.

I think each account should have there total exp stolen kept track of. You can only steal exp from characters once for each character so there is no farming, and people who steal the most exp in kills are shown on the /ladder. Then you could make prizes around killing people and attaining certain levels through stealing peoples exp from killing them.

/ladder looking something like
Player1 lvl 45 #########

level 45 being his total amount of exp stolen across his entire account shown as a level.
"
Hilbert написал:
I agree but when I read it from you I also read it as:

"
We want to grief Helman

;D

I killed him in the last race, and it seemed to have the same effect.. He called it a day. I can't blame him because there aren't many players on, and it not being hardcore just means you're rematching the same people over and over.

If there are point rewards it may be more interesting, but i still hold to my opinion of hardcore being more fun.
Rankings based on the amount of XP you've stolen, minus XP lost would be great. The standard rankings really aren't appropriate for these events.
Fun for an hour or so. Not much incentive to carry on much further in a 4-hour.
Thanks for the scrolls.

Скрытый текст
Agree, gets a little tedious.

But if there are those out there that love it, good for them.
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
"
Powster написал:
"
Powster написал:
I vote equipment should not drop 100% of the time. I think when you die each equipment piece rolls to see if it will drop at a 25% chance rather than losing your full loot each death. That is something like 12 equipment spots (including alt) which means on average you will lose 3 pieces which is still a harsh penalty.

"
majesw написал:
Powster has it right. I'd be much more likely to play and enjoy a league where I lost 1-2 items when I was killed rather than all my items.

"
Angryafrican написал:
I think you really should try having a player drop a single random item on death as well as their inventory.

This will make the swings of cut-throat much slower, and keep people invested in taking revenge. Losing a single item can still be devastating but this allows for a much stronger back-and-forth between players. Losing all your items is simply too catastrophic to continue to meaningfully play for some time.

I think this would make cut-throat much more viable at higher level, and generally keep people 'in the game' while still keeping the tension and risk of cut-throat.

"
BanzaiAttack написал:
Suggestion:

Don't let all your gear drop. Just 1-4 randomized or something, so you can recover faster (ESPECIALLY on higher LEVELS where you HEAVILY depend on your gear).

All in all this is a great idea. I look forward to play this.

"
i hope they make it so that you dont lose all your gear at once, maybe only 1 piece or with a small chance more

if someone here knows tibia, the pvp version runs the exact same idea where you lose the whole inventory + 1 item of the gear you wear i think thats really the best option

"
lakalavera написал:
i really like the idea of cut-throat, but the notion of dropping all of your items really puts me off.

"
Vincemeister написал:
my 2 cents:

- Random drop of 1-3 pieces of equipment. Not all equipment. exact number can chance.

I hardly play anymore but this seems really fun.

Seems like a lot agree with full loot being too harsh. I have played full loot games like darkfall but in path of exile equipment is way too important to be losing full sets constantly.

I also believe links should be multiple times easier to obtain in cut throat. Which is why when a cut throat league ends it should go to void league probably....

After playing a bit of this cut throat and remembering how it is to not have links I really think the only way the league can work long term is if you do not lose every single piece of equipment each death. I suggested 25% originally but I think even that is too high of a drop chance.. something like 10%? Maybe add some uniques that would lower chance of losing equip. Pvp should be rare honestly the cut throat idea should just be completely scrapped and make a new ruleset for a perm pvp league. There are way too many factors in this game that would make cut throat a bad idea for a long term league that focuses more on guild war pvp / some way so almost all pvp is between players already established in the league. At least 95% (probably 99%) of the time you should be just grinding monsters normally...
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Последняя редакция: Powster. Время: 22 марта 2014 г., 0:13:32

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация