"This loot system is flawed and needs to change!!"

*Puts on fire resist gear*

No. Stahp. There is no need for the system to change.

You cannot join a game that is designed a specific way, with people who enjoy the game because of it being that way, and say it has to change. This is NOT D3 or D2, it is PoE and it has a Semi-FFA loot system.

There are some tweaking such as stopping people from ice walling loot, but it absolutely does not need a complete overhaul of the loot system.

If you come here naming off other games that you like better for their loot system, then go play them. PoE is one of the last games with a FFA based loot and it needs to remain that way for those of us who enjoy a little competition.

You have a lot of people who have donated to this game because they like it. Many donated because of the FFA loot system. How is it fair for them to donate to a cause such as this game and have a group of people come in and demand that the game they love be fundamentally changed to suit your wants?

In PoE gear is not easy to come by. Getting a good item in this game is like a badge of honor that you can show off and not have 40k people saying they have the same thing. Games nowadays are too easy with loot being handed to you like candy. Everyone gets the same things and nothing is "rare" anymore.

I have seen a lot of complaints on this with people saying they lost their loot to a "Ninja". First off, PoE does not have that as a playable class, and secondly, it was not "Your" loot. You were just given a nice bonus to your chances of getting it, and failed for one excuse or another. What you are forgetting is that maybe you missed out on that Unique lvl 15 item, you may get to snatch a bad ass high lvl Unique from someone else later on. The playing field is fair, everyone can take anything.

"But, I am ranged and cannot get to my stuff! QQ!"

In my experience so far, it is the melee getting screwed on loot. The melee are generally having to constantly hit to stay alive, and when gear drops, they either have to risk dying because they stopped getting leech from attacking, or finish the guy off and get the loot. This is where the ranged nicely come in and help the poor chap out while he is unable to disengage from battle to get his loot.

"But, the melee are going ahead of me and killing things outside my view!"

Keep up.

"But, I lag!"

Sorry. I get the shits from pizza. Life sucks some times.

So, all of the excuses are BS. PoE does not want to spoon feed you gear. If you want to garuntee your gear drops are yours, play solo. If you want to play with a random group of asshats, then expect to not get all "your" loot.

The loot system needs to have some things fixed to stop exploits, but this game needs to keep its original loot system. This is why many people donated, to finally have that cut-throat game that has been missing for years.
Последняя редакция: Foreverhappychan. Время: 22 марта 2013 г., 0:21:46
Эта тема была автоматически архивирована. Ответы невозможны.
"
Tandimonium написал:
*Puts on fire resist gear*

No. Stahp. There is no need for the system to change.

You cannot join a game that is designed a specific way, with people who enjoy the game because of it being that way, and say it has to change. This is NOT D3 or D2, it is PoE and it has a Semi-FFA loot system.

There are some tweaking such as stopping people from ice walling loot, but it absolutely does not need a complete overhaul of the loot system.

If you come here naming off other games that you like better for their loot system, then go play them. PoE is one of the last games with a FFA based loot and it needs to remain that way for those of us who enjoy a little competition.

You have a lot of people who have donated to this game because they like it. Many donated because of the FFA loot system. How is it fair for them to donate to a cause such as this game and have a group of people come in and demand that the game they love be fundamentally changed to suit your wants?

In PoE gear is not easy to come by. Getting a good item in this game is like a badge of honor that you can show off and not have 40k people saying they have the same thing. Games nowadays are too easy with loot being handed to you like candy. Everyone gets the same things and nothing is "rare" anymore.

I have seen a lot of complaints on this with people saying they lost their loot to a "Ninja". First off, PoE does not have that as a playable class, and secondly, it was not "Your" loot. You were just given a nice bonus to your chances of getting it, and failed for one excuse or another. What you are forgetting is that maybe you missed out on that Unique lvl 15 item, you may get to snatch a bad ass high lvl Unique from someone else later on. The playing field is fair, everyone can take anything.

"But, I am ranged and cannot get to my stuff! QQ!"

In my experience so far, it is the melee getting screwed on loot. The melee are generally having to constantly hit to stay alive, and when gear drops, they either have to risk dying because they stopped getting leech from attacking, or finish the guy off and get the loot. This is where the ranged nicely come in and help the poor chap out while he is unable to disengage from battle to get his loot.

"But, the melee are going ahead of me and killing things outside my view!"

Keep up.

"But, I lag!"

Sorry. I get the shits from pizza. Life sucks some times.

So, all of the excuses are BS. PoE does not want to spoon feed you gear. If you want to garuntee your gear drops are yours, play solo. If you want to play with a random group of asshats, then expect to not get all "your" loot.

The loot system needs to have some things fixed to stop exploits, but this game needs to keep its original loot system. This is why many people donated, to finally have that cut-throat game that has been missing for years.

Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap.... SOOOO very well said.
Yes. This. This dude knows. This all day, everyday. Don't change it!
As a long time hard core pvp veteran of various games, I have to say, FFA looting in a PvE context sucks the big one. It is practically all reward and no risk for the 'ninja'. If the devs truly wanted a 'cut throat' feel, then allow pvp and full corpse looting along with FFA and longer portal/alt-f4 delays. That would be hardcore. This is phfftt playground bully in a rich kid's school. Of course, that's just my personal opinion.

What I don't get is why you all feel so threatened by an instance loot option.
Not saying you have a wrong opinion but as someone who didn't donate not many people will agree with your opinion of why people donated. Just saying.
Looting is fine. If you party with someone who ninjas your stuff tell them to knock it off or don't party with them anymore. I don't see how this is a problem.
This game is still a beta, and it has been discussed many times before. GGG has never stated, that the current system is the final decision. Although people should stick to one thread, instead of spamming their suggestions. Diablo 2 ended up being mainly solo-players, as the "ninja-looting" was very discouraging.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
This right here made me tear up, you sum up the essence of what this game is all about.

And well written at that.

Now im going to go grab me some loot (and loose out on some), enjoying every bit of time spent.
"
Grossmond написал:
Not saying you have a wrong opinion but as someone who didn't donate not many people will agree with your opinion of why people donated. Just saying.

Let me help you with that.
"
Omnivore61 написал:
As a long time hard core pvp veteran of various games, I have to say, FFA looting in a PvE context sucks the big one. It is practically all reward and no risk for the 'ninja'. If the devs truly wanted a 'cut throat' feel, then allow pvp and full corpse looting along with FFA and longer portal/alt-f4 delays. That would be hardcore. This is phfftt playground bully in a rich kid's school. Of course, that's just my personal opinion.

What I don't get is why you all feel so threatened by an instance loot option.

The thing with this is its a competitive game. If everyone is being nice and giving one another loot, its being obtained very easily. Which means those who use this "option" will be ahead of the game. Hardcore gamers are all about being the best so this promotes them using this new system as well then. Just as its "not a big deal to add the option." I can say "its not a big deal to just pay attention and focus a bit more on loot." Neither of those arguments cover the whole, but they can both be made.

I want people (EVERYONE) to have a hard time with this game just as I do. I want everyone to feel that feeling when they DO finally get that unique and its not 'ninja'd' from them. It is a far better feeling to get loot rather than just sitting there waiting on statistics to kick in.

It gives the actual feel of a battlefield where I have to run up and risk dying to get my foe's gear.

Right now You may find str characters getting INT gear and then vendoring it. This may sound counterproductive but that's what is so great about it. It is removing items from the economy and not gearing people as fast. Obtaining gear is everything in games like these and if you get it too fast then it ends the game quicker. If we went to an instanced loot system not only could I afk in groups and go pick up my crap later, but Id be able to leech exp and not have to worry about staying in the fray and possibly dying. As it stands, melee = more prone to deal, more easily get gear. Ranged = Safer, but less easily get gear. Why shouldn't the melee who risk losing huge chunks of a level have a very slight advantage at gear?

The only way I would even consider this option being implemented is if the drop rates were reduced to 1/30th what they are now.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация