GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

facts are facts we dont need a HC league.. you can just play ambush and if you die delete your char. this is logic

same logic in saying we dont need a SFL... just play ambush and not trade

such logic
Последняя редакция: lolbam. Время: 4 мая 2014 г., 21:16:27
"
lolbam написал:
facts are facts we dont need a HC league.. you can just play ambush and if you die delete your char. this is logic

such logic

Depends entirely on your idea of SFL. Or rather, how it's implemented.
Wow 90 pages !?!?! Longest thread ever or what ?
This alone should make GGG reconsider their initial statement about a SFL... but most likely won't :-(

Edit: 91
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Последняя редакция: Wazz72. Время: 5 мая 2014 г., 3:29:27
"
Wazz72 написал:

Not even close

Edit:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/392
Standard Forever
Последняя редакция: iamstryker. Время: 5 мая 2014 г., 3:40:17
"
Wazz72 написал:
This alone should make GGG reconsider their initial statement about a SFL... but most likely won't :-(

Lol, number of pages or posts has nothing to do with whether GGG will consider to do anything about that SFL hat will never happen.
"
Wazz72 написал:

well i feel they never will

chris has turned in to the blizzard business model... if it hurts profits or not worth dont do it

thats life o well
I've said it before, and I can say it again: We do not need a SFL.

The "need" for a SFL comes from "flaws" in the game. "Flaws" as in poor balance between drops and trading, solo and party and so on. If the game was more rewarding - if it was possible to grind for upgrades past lvl 70, the "need" for a SFL would be smaller.

Chris (and GGG) needs to acknowlede that there's A LOT of players playing self found. They theory craft from what they've got. If they find a good item that doesn't fit their character, they do not think about the value, but how they can build around the item next re-roll. THAT is aRPG in my eyes.

Items found doesn't mean "money in the bank", it means the possibility to make your character stronger, or the possibility to make a new, strong chracter. It seems to me like GGG doesn't belive in their own game - that they don't believe in the replay value of their own game.

It took me over two years to make a 200+ pDPS one-hander. I had NO idea how many doors a weapon like that would open. How many passive damage points it would save me. It really opened my eyes. If middle ranged weapond like 200-300 DPS had a CHANCE to drop, it would make the game better - in mye eyes.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
lolbam написал:

such logic

0/10

"
Phrazz написал:
I've said it before, and I can say it again: We do not need a SFL.

The "need" for a SFL comes from "flaws" in the game. "Flaws" as in poor balance between drops and trading, solo and party and so on. If the game was more rewarding - if it was possible to grind for upgrades past lvl 70, the "need" for a SFL would be smaller.

Chris (and GGG) needs to acknowlede that there's A LOT of players playing self found. They theory craft from what they've got. If they find a good item that doesn't fit their character, they do not think about the value, but how they can build around the item next re-roll. THAT is aRPG in my eyes.

Items found doesn't mean "money in the bank", it means the possibility to make your character stronger, or the possibility to make a new, strong chracter. It seems to me like GGG doesn't belive in their own game - that they don't believe in the replay value of their own game.

It took me over two years to make a 200+ pDPS one-hander. I had NO idea how many doors a weapon like that would open. How many passive damage points it would save me. It really opened my eyes. If middle ranged weapond like 200-300 DPS had a CHANCE to drop, it would make the game better - in mye eyes.

They have a decent chance to drop. Anecdotal evidence doesn't matter (I found two 200+ PDPS one-handers in Ambush), but the market doesn't lie. A 200 DPS weapon costs like 1 Chaos which means they are common as fuck.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion написал:
They have a decent chance to drop. Anecdotal evidence doesn't matter (I found two 200+ PDPS one-handers in Ambush), but the market doesn't lie. A 200 DPS weapon costs like 1 Chaos which means they are common as fuck.

That may be - which brings me to my main point: I've played since closed beta, several thousand hours. I've made several characters good enough to run high level maps. I've made a couple of MF characters capable of running pretty high maps. And I've found NONE 200 DPS weapons. And there are many players like me.

This is pretty good. Did I find it? No. I made it. How? TOLO exalted the +phys flat roll - with one of my TWO exalted I have found since closed beta.

You may call this QQ, and you may call me a noob (since I have found less than you)

But the thing is: There is A LOT of players with similar or worse luck. Plyers that playes 2-3-4000 hours without finding "anything"

I'm not debating if trade should give you an advantage, coz it should. I'm not debating if party play should give you an advantage, coz it should. I just think it's sad that the RNG is SO far fetched that players, who don't trade, can play for years without finding gear that is "common as fuck"...

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz написал:
"
Xavderion написал:

That may be - which brings me to my main point: I've played since closed beta, several thousand hours. I've made several characters good enough to run high level maps. I've made a couple of MF characters capable of running pretty high maps. And I've found NONE 200 DPS weapons. And there are many players like me.

This is pretty good. Did I find it? No. I made it. How? TOLO exalted the +phys flat roll - with one of my TWO exalted I have found since closed beta.

You may call this QQ, and you may call me a noob (since I have found less than you)

But the thing is: There is A LOT of players with similar or worse luck. Plyers that playes 2-3-4000 hours without finding "anything"

I'm not debating if trade should give you an advantage, coz it should. I'm not debating if party play should give you an advantage, coz it should. I just think it's sad that the RNG is SO far fetched that players, who don't trade, can play for years without finding gear that is "common as fuck"...

This could be easily fixed by implementing certain vendor recipes into the game. GGG already started doing this with the %pdps recipe, but they should definitely add more.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация