RMT Sites are now making their own items and selling copies.

"
Xavderion написал:
"
mrpetrov написал:
Do you folks somehow think they *won't* be doing this in the new leagues? The new leagues are more profitable and players are more competitive in the new leagues, so I would hazard to say they will definitely be replicating this practice when the new leagues start.

With a bit of real life capital behind them it's easy to beat mom-and-pop/individual crafters at their own game.

But RMT isn't an issue in the game's economy, right? Not as big as you think? Doesn't affect you?

I look forward to Xav and the rest of the RMT apologists jumping all over these typical excuses.

P.

I don't see it being more profitable in new leagues, yeah the demand might be higher (not even sure about that) but the cost of creating such an item in a fresh league is also much higher.

And yes, RMT isn't an issue for me and it doesn't affect me if some PayPal warrior buys a 250 dollar weapon *shrug* I (and 99.99% of other players) don't compete for top ladder spots after all.

I didn't think you'd actually just walk straight into it, but you never cease to underwhelm me.

You do understand that prices are driven by marginal buyers and sellers, right? If you trade at all then RMT affects you, because it affects prices in the economy. I'm glad your lack of understanding of economics shelters you from this disquieting fact of life.

P.

PS: Perhaps soon we'll have GGG announcing a high profile closure of an RMT site's PoE services as evidence that the "war on RMT has been won"!
Последняя редакция: mrpetrov. Время: 16 июля 2014 г., 4:11:16
"
Xavderion написал:
"
mrpetrov написал:
Do you folks somehow think they *won't* be doing this in the new leagues? The new leagues are more profitable and players are more competitive in the new leagues, so I would hazard to say they will definitely be replicating this practice when the new leagues start.

With a bit of real life capital behind them it's easy to beat mom-and-pop/individual crafters at their own game.

But RMT isn't an issue in the game's economy, right? Not as big as you think? Doesn't affect you?

I look forward to Xav and the rest of the RMT apologists jumping all over these typical excuses.

P.

I don't see it being more profitable in new leagues, yeah the demand might be higher (not even sure about that) but the cost of creating such an item in a fresh league is also much higher.

And yes, RMT isn't an issue for me and it doesn't affect me if some PayPal warrior buys a 250 dollar weapon *shrug* I (and 99.99% of other players) don't compete for top ladder spots after all.

Selffound-Players are the only Players RMT doesn't affect. It affects anyone trying to sell Items in any league. You aren't going to sell anything an instant gratification player is going to be able to buy for $.

Edit: Yeah, what Petrov said.
Последняя редакция: Acrylique. Время: 16 июля 2014 г., 4:16:12
"
mrpetrov написал:

PS: Perhaps soon we'll have GGG announcing a high profile closure of an RMT site's PoE services as evidence that the "war on RMT has been won"!

10/10, would laugh again.

But seriously, I still have hope :)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
RMT is not the problem. There are plenty of people, in any game, that are willing to follow the path of least resistance. It's supposed to be their problem wasting real money on pixels.

Poor itemization, low quality of item drops, low quantity of orb drops and pseudo crafting was, and still is, the Devil.

In well designed games going RMT does not bring heavy advantages. Because it is considered that players will obtain the items they need sooner, or later. RMT just fastens the process. Are you that impatient? Go RMT, play the fool.

In PoE there's no way to get high tier items, without buying them. You may play months and years and you'll still be where you started. You can't craft the desired item(s), as you'll fail. You will even lack the needed amount of orbs to try. You can't rely on drops either.

RMT sites just provide what game, itself, don't. Demand and supply.

Blame on game design, not on RMT. They are just traders.

It really amuses me how in a game, intentionally designed around economy and trading, there are still people surprised, that common real world economical processes has taken advantage on it.

P.S.
Oops, was about to forget : it's also not clear how exactly the RMT site, providing the wand, is so damn worse than some ingame crafters that provide mirror services as well. And RMT the profit later on.

I guess it's new for GGG either, let's someone make a thread about it, they need to know. lol
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Последняя редакция: torturo. Время: 16 июля 2014 г., 4:35:47
"
mrpetrov написал:

I didn't think you'd actually just walk straight into it, but you never cease to underwhelm me.

You do understand that prices are driven by marginal buyers and sellers, right? If you trade at all then RMT affects you, because it affects prices in the economy. I'm glad your lack of understanding of economics shelters you from this disquieting fact of life.

Yes, I do understand that. Doesn't change the fact that the effect RMT has on me is virtually non-existent. It's so small that it doesn't affect my PoE experience in the slightest bit. That's what I mean with RMT not affecting me (and most other players) :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion написал:
"
mrpetrov написал:

Yes, I do understand that. Doesn't change the fact that the effect RMT has on me is virtually non-existent. It's so small that it doesn't affect my PoE experience in the slightest bit. That's what I mean with RMT not affecting me (and most other players) :)

Well you know what they say: Ignorance is bliss.
Im so glad i give away items instead of buying or selling them. Greed knows no bounds. Keep at it, traders, enjoy your RMT infested trading game. Meanwhile, i enjoy killing monsters and finding upgrades myself.
"
Xavderion написал:
"
mrpetrov написал:

lol
IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
"
Xavderion написал:
"
mrpetrov написал:

Последняя редакция: H4xolotl. Время: 16 июля 2014 г., 4:38:45
"
symban написал:
"
Xavderion написал:
"
mrpetrov написал:

Well you know what they say: Ignorance is bliss.

Prove me wrong by quantifying the effect of RMT on the average player.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация