How to set up a Ram Disk

Can u do this with 4gb ram?
IGN: DrSlump / DrArale
My shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2125286
"
DrSlump написал:
Can u do this with 4gb ram?

Content.ggpk is 5.4GB currently. So that's a no.
Okay, so i've always been having issues lagging when it comes to shaders/light qualities because we are not able to optimize in game yet. I know many it happens when you start to lag when there's about 50 million pieces of lightning.

Anyways, here is how we go about do a ShaderCache relocate to run off of RAM. So RAM is volatile, so it's a lot easier to have faster access, especially on a laptop.

1. Download RAMDISK 2. start a RAMDISK for 250MB of unformatted space.(remember, this is actually using allocated memory from your RAM.) 3. Go to your partition setup(Control panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management. 4.You will see the new partition created from your RAM, click it and make sure you initialize it. Then after it is initialized, create the partition into a drive with NTFS format. 5. After this is done, go into your POE Folder. Go into your POE Folder and copy your ShaderCache folder to the new RAMDATA located under My Computer. 6. You can rename the old ShaderCache folder to"ShaderCache.old" if you want, and remove the folder to another location that you can remember.

7. Now, go into CMD prompt and execute the following command.

"mklink /j "Original ShaderCache Location" "New Shader Cache Location""

For Example. My old POE Folder is located under D:\ and my RAMDATA is H:\

"mklink /j "D:\POE\ShaderCache H:\POE\ShaderCache"

It will say symlink created, and you are done. You may start the game and test it out,see how it works for you under heavy load times. Most people see reduced lag times.

Also, to add another note that may possibly speed up load and efficiency, do not run Windows Aero as of right now, it seems to still draw the desktop which makes frame rate times a little lower.

Now upon restart or shutdown, this RAMDATA will dissapear. So all you will need to do is follow these steps again to create the RAMDATA and put the ShaderCache back in & use the symlink. This is why I had you save the old ShaderCache.

Enjoy, and Ihope it all works well. If you have any questions, you can contact me in game at anytime.

Cheers.

-Mike IGN: Seletra
Hey, for those of you wondering if this is worth it, I made a video of my loading screen times.

I already had very fast loading times before this(2-5 seconds) but now my loading screen time is just insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5iXtfucbGc
I wish i had more then 4 gigs of ram haha
Steam:Gonejah
followed this guide twice restarted my comp and no iso was made.. any help?

followed directions correctly
"
path0s написал:
Anyways, here is how we go about do a ShaderCache relocate to run off of RAM.

[...]

Is this a lighter version of the op's post ? In one case we run the whole game on RAM, in this case it is only the ShaderCache directory. If so, this could be useful for users with not much RAM or XP users.

Will try the whole game on RAM as soon as I get back home. Awesome idea.
How can I speed this up with a 2GB Ram system running windows 7 lol, I have done A LOT of system tweaking, I got it running pretty darn good.. But loading times SUCK and it has actually caused a few hardcore deaths.. And I cant really play with more then 4 people, all the spam makes everything like slow motion lol.

iso halp :(
All things Melee~
Wow bob 2gb ram and windows 7 no wonder u guys lag so bad lol..and I thought 8gb and win7 was bad
:/
All things Melee~

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация