R.I.P. [2.6] Explosive Arrow - Elementalist Build Guide (multi class + version, in depth theory)

Do we really need the extra 4L for Frenzy and Flammability? I mean i do get they are milking the dmg, but since everything dies in a hit or two, by the time I cast that 4L, I could have sent my 6L and have the mobs dead.

Perhaps something that becomes a necessity only at t14+?
Yeah the 4 link frenzy is only really needed in T15 bosses and up. The curse is good to have in general. Then again it also depends on your damage. A build without grand spectrum will benefit quite a lot from that set up.

I mean You don't have to use it like I did. But for example guardians are so much harder than anything else in the game... They not only have huge damage but also a huge life pool. You should use any option that will add damage or survivability.

I did quite a few runs of the guardians and I can tell you that this is the only content so far that is not completely trivial. In fact I think the guardians are slightly over tuned. It takes extreme precision and gg play to do it deathless (with 7.6k life). Of course I could do better with some modifications. But it's ok. I kinda run out of luck and time for this project.

I'll publish the guardian and the Hall of Grandmaster runs on Youtube soon. The Hall of Grandmasters was cakewalk.
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
I see. Thanks for the detailed answer.
As an Elementalist, do we run Purity of Elements, or Purity of Fire? I like the mtx of the elements and tbh i only use it for the swag visual :). I guess PoR would be even more beneficial against reflect?
We don't need any purity aura as an elementalist. You can use Purity of Elements if you really want but a rare ring will be much better for the slot as it provides life. Maybe you can use Purity of Elements for elemental weakness maps.

I would only recommend using Purity of ice for the Hydra guardian fight.

A single reflect mob is not an issue with elementalist unless you use 12 or more grand spectrum jewels and also in a -max map or on shocked ground or cursed with elemental weakness,...
I see thanks for the clarification.
So I noticed that you don't have a lot of accuracy on your gear. I was wondering how much accuracy you have right now at your level, or since EA explodes on terrain you're not worried that much about it? Seems that the accuracy you're relying on is just that from your passives.

If accuracy isn't important I'd really like to know your reasoning, nice build by the way! Thanks.
"
Greengroove написал:
We don't need any purity aura as an elementalist. You can use Purity of Elements if you really want but a rare ring will be much better for the slot as it provides life. Maybe you can use Purity of Elements for elemental weakness maps.

I would only recommend using Purity of ice for the Hydra guardian fight.

A single reflect mob is not an issue with elementalist unless you use 12 or more grand spectrum jewels and also in a -max map or on shocked ground or cursed with elemental weakness,...

I have 11 gs jewels and get absolutely wrecked by elemental reflect.

"
LuciferMorg3nstern написал:
So I noticed that you don't have a lot of accuracy on your gear. I was wondering how much accuracy you have right now at your level, or since EA explodes on terrain you're not worried that much about it? Seems that the accuracy you're relying on is just that from your passives.

If accuracy isn't important I'd really like to know your reasoning, nice build by the way! Thanks.

I'm not sure if this would be considered good or bad for this build but I have 846 accuracy and have no issues clearing any content. PvP can be tricky but I rely on the aoe to kill people anyways and there is enough terrain not to worry.
Sure.

I have about 78% chance to hit but I could use the Ice golem that would also boost the accuracy a bit (84%). Honestly it feels just fine even without the golem.

Accuracy is not that important for EA. Don't get me wrong, of course the more you have the better. However we do attack very fast. That means that if the first arrow doesn't hit the target, the second one will for sure. For reference I have 3.39 attacks per second without frenzy.

The second reasoning is that if the arrow doesn't hit the 1st target in it's path It will hit the second target. If it also misses the second target then it will still hit the wall and explode there. You can't miss the wall. :)

Of course that only applies to indoor maps and packs of monsters. But if you fight against 1 solo boss you still get to shoot a lot of arrows and some of them will hit the mob. In most cases 1 explosion is all you need. For tough bosses you need more explosions. Unfortunately you have to make a compromise somewhere. Can't have it all.

You could always go RT. This is a good option in some cases. Especially for a Berserker or if you really have insane damage (many Grand Spectrum jewels). Resolute Techique will make your arrows unavoidable, but this way you can't do critical strikes. So in that case you can't get Elemental Overload (40% MORE damage). This is another compromise.

If the tree pathing allows you can take some notable nodes such as Precision and/or Versatility.
In the end there's options. You can use a rare helmet and get accuracy resists and life there but my Devoto also has 40% increased EA damage so that's something I didn't want to pass on. I also tried to get a rare Quiver. In theory accuracy should be available in that slot but I just didn't find one that was good for me (unfortunately). The +1 arrow corruption adds more than you may think. I tried to go back from +1 to a normal quiver and I can say that +1 is just so much better. My gloves actually have a lot of accuracy. I could also get accuracy from rings. However I'd rather have a good opal ring with life and lot of damage. Accuracy would just be a bonus, but not a necessity.

Btw: as Liptus said for PVP we relly on aoe explosions. The set up should be different than the PVE set up. RT may be more appealing for PVP. I also released a PVP match on Youtube.

@Liptus: You shouldn't have problems unless you stack 5 arrows and there are other factors that influence the reflected damage such as shocked ground, resistance not capped. Also what is your life pool and how much over capped fire resist do you have in your hideout?
If you want me to have a look please enable the characters tab. or you can also link me the gear etc.
Последняя редакция: Greengroove. Время: 11 нояб. 2016 г., 17:52:38
I'm definitely stacking arrows lol. 143% but it could be a lot higher. I swapped out some gear for other random stats and could easily revert it. I just enabled the tab, only really have one character on this account and forgot it wasn't enabled.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация