R.I.P. [2.6] Explosive Arrow - Elementalist Build Guide (multi class + version, in depth theory)

How's the progress on the Pathfinder front? I'll admit, I'm a little tempted to try it out, charge generation is pretty insane with elemental status synergy. Also, with rearguard and Rumi's supported by all the passive and ascendancy nodes the block chance would be pretty high.

As for Elementalist - I finally settled on a good 5 link combination - EA + Fire Pen + Slower Proj + Less duration + Chance to Ignite. With a +1 arrow Hyrri's and prolif from Beacon of Ruin I don't need an aoe setup so I just use this one that's more single target oriented to quickly burn down packs with prolif.
I have two already, getting another 4 won't be too bad, I already got a BV pathfinder up to t15 maps.
I have no idea how to level a pathfinder. I will just use an old character in standard.
Maybe it's better if you find someone who did it already. Maybe the guy with the videos I posted.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLI5PX0aP1JLme0mlld2Tr-dD_5hJpXh77

Personally I don't miss Less duration much. I am only going to use it on the Berserker. I would also use it as the 6th link for general clearing.
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
Can this build do hall of grand masters?
Kind of noob question

one thing that is bothering me, is why the build use lmp / gmp on the EA setup if we can proliferate the ignite with the elementalist passive, plus the less proyectile dmg affect the explosion of EA so we got less dmg overall, maybe im missing something

maybe instead of lmp / gmp isnt better burning dmg gem? would be more dmg

so the setup will be like this

on normal mobs

EA - fire penetration - inc burning dmg - chance to ignite - slower proyectile - less duration / empower

on bosses

EA - Fire penetration - less duration - elemental dmg - slower proyectiles - empower

I attempted Hall of Grandmasters yesterday. I failed. BUT it was 4 man hp and I had lag. I am sure this build can do it solo or with a good group. We tried to do it in a party because we want the bonus for completed maps...

Tips:

- Stack aoe.
- Don't use less duration!
- Stack arrows in the "transparent wall" and then run to release masters. Most will die imediatly.
- Use GMP. Switch to LMP for the masters that are still alive if needed.
- Some masters can be tough. you can try to lure them next to the wall (if they are mele) and just shoot in the wall. they will die quite quickly.

More arrows is great for clearing packs. That is because the damage we deal is (more than) high enough. Secondly the prolif. radius is not that big and reliable (compared to the radius from a prolif gem). Third the AOE explosions can overlap and thus doubling or tripling our damage. And lastly we don't have a "big" chance to hit, and more arrows allow us to shoot more "casually" because with a lot of arrows we are bound to hit something. This works best in maps with lots of walls and narrow passages.

Now for bosses I will switch the LMP/GMP to culling strike. The gem has the same color and it has double dipping damage. For now I am still using LMP because I deal enough damage in T13 maps.

I feel like a single target set up is only needed for bosses at T14+. I would use the increased burning damage or Empower as the 6th link. But this will only be needed in t14+ maps.

What did u mean by gem "elemental dmg"? If I was to switch out chance to ignite for bosses I would probably take conc. effect. That would only be for single target. But I'm not even sure it is worth it. Because if you Ignite you will do a lot of dot. damage.

In my opinion the best way to learn what's best is by trying it all. When you see how it works you can easily decide if you like it or not.

I would use the following

Normal:

EA - fire pen. - chance to ignite - slower proj. - LMP/GMP - less duration

LMP if i have +1 to arrows and GMP if i don't have +1 arrows

Boss:

EA - fire pen. - chance to ignite - slower proj. - culling strike - inc. burning dmg / Empower

Optionally maybe switch chance to ignite for conc. effect or elemental focus (only if there is no chance to ignite).
If you have 2x quill rains you can switch out culling strike in the single target setup. But I feel that culling strike is quite a good choice.
Is this for witch? im following the explosive tree and in hc. everything dies super easy but bosses is a bitch.
Is it better to go for +1 Hyrri's or a normal Rearguard? Also, should I bother with essence worm as a witch?

On a side note, have you thought about going for a mastermind of discord and using LA to curse? I guess sacrificing golems + beacons
"
Raggon написал:

On a side note, have you thought about going for a mastermind of discord and using LA to curse? I guess sacrificing golems + beacons

I've thought about doing that but then you lose frenzy generation. I'm not running Blood Rage because it cuts down regen too much.

Also, if you're not planning on using lmp/gmp then definitely get +1 Hyrri's - it's a great entry level quiver and you can get already corrupted ones for ~30-35c on ESC. I plan to get a +1 Rearguard eventually because while the build has tons of life it lacks mitigation. Once I make the switch to a different version of the build (by visiting Duelist area) I'll ditch Vitality I'm currently running and run AA instead.
@lingongrova: The burning tree is better when burn can be applied. I have trees for Elementalist, Champion, pathfinder and Berserker.
Try using walls if possible. You can try put a decoy totem next to walls.

@Raggon: Hyrri's bite is especially good if you have Dex problems! I went for +1 Rearguard. Rearguard can be cheap and great candidate for corruption. For single target Rearguard will probably be better. It also provides defense. The fire leech corruption is also very nice.

Like Bawtzki said. This build has a lot of life but it lacks in other defenses. Manual kiting is essential here. And to be honest I love manually kiting damage.

Essence worm is not needed for Elementalist. But I'd still recommend to use it on the guardians that deal elemental damage. And maybe something like Uber Atziri,... It will grant superior elemental mitigation with + to max resists.

I have thought of Mastermind of discord for the hi end bosses yes. I was planning to use orb of storms to proc the fire pen.
As for Lightning arrow I have not thought of that. I guess that is an option to proc Mastermind of Discord as well.

In general another option is also Ice shot to apply curses. I prefer to use frenzy as it also grants me frenzy charges (more damage).
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ice_Shot

This is how a friend has came trough today. :D
https://youtu.be/Dq0vRt9bKiU

Последняя редакция: Greengroove. Время: 21 сент. 2016 г., 11:19:07

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация