[2.5] Scoot's ANY SKILL Necromancer Build [Hybrid OR LL] [Atziri, Uber Izaro, Breachlords, All Maps]

Introduction!

It's amazing.
It's fun.
It's unique.
It's tanky.
And it does not sacrifice DPS.
And best of all, you can play with ANY skill you want whatsoever if you don't like the skills I'm using.

EXTREMELY VERSATILE BUILD. WOOT.

AND I do all map mods. No hassle. No leech-mechanics. Little life-regen that goes into my life, not my ES (for chaos damage mitigation).

And everything I've done is with a 5L.

And it feels really, really good no matter what skill you pick.

------

Hi, I'm Scoots! (Current IGN: CWCScootaloo) And I play a non-summoner Necromancer. You're probably reading this already knowing that, but asking why. Why Necromancer? Why not OPie Raider, or Occultist, or Shadow? Because the power lies in three gems, and two ascendancy points. That's all I need.

How it works

Take a look at the gems I have in this pretty lousy glove. A CWDT, Summon Skeletons, Desecrate and Spirit Offering, in this order. This is how it works. (If it isn't in this order, specifically Spirit Offering before Desecrate, it will not work as effectively).

The order of gems when triggered:

1 -> 2
. . . .|
. . . .v
4 <- 3

Skeletons are spawned whenever you take a certain amount of damage, providing excellent distraction.

Spirit Offering grants 2% of MAX Hp as Energy Shield. Desecrate creates 3 corpses, with an additional 2 with the Spirit Eater ascendancy node. CWDT casts those skills in order, and with the Mistress of Sacrifice ascendancy node, it results in a minimum of 10% of your maxed Hp as ES. With 200% increased Energy Shield from the tree, you get 20%.

Assume you have 4k life, and 200% increased Energy Shield from the tree. With the calculations above, you get 30% life as extra ES. 20% of 4k = 800. Basically, you heal 800 every time you take a certain threshold of damage. And that's minimum investment.

How it actually works. Or 'why is it bugging?'

It works akin to skills when it comes to calculation. For example, Fireball is affected by Projectile, Fire, Spell and AoE. Anything affecting those stats will change Fireball accordingly.

Spirit Offering is affected by ES and Life. So instead of using two separate calculations, we add both % increased ES and % increased Life to the unmodified total HP of the character. For simplicity's sake, you could use this formula instead:

ES gained = (Life * (Total number of corpses * 0.2)) * ((increased ES from gear and tree) - 1)

And why -1? Because as user Vipermagi pointed out here:
"
You get 16% of your unmodified Max Life as ES, which is then multiplied by the sum of Increased Life and ES. This is how all these types of modifiers work. :)

What it means that instead of calculating it like:
ES gained = (Unmodified life * %increased life * (Total number of corpses * 0.2)) * ((% increased ES from gear and tree))

We could skip the hassle of finding out our unmodified life and use the previously stated formula.

My current character

I have a lvl 90 Necromancer playing with Scorching Ray + Cast While Channeling + Firestorm. I have taken down Atziri, did T12 maps without blinking too much, clear breaches without sweat, and with some more splints, I'll aim to take down the Breachlords eventually.

This is my current gear:

Take a look at the helmet. That's an extra 3 corpses, resulting in 8 corpses in total. That's roughly 50% of my maxed life healed every time i take 1.5k damage.

Notice the amulet. It's the most expensive piece, costing me 5ex to get, but I ran without it for a long time with 5.5k HP / 5.5k ES (with Discipline). You don't need it, but it REALLY helps (especially that stun immunity as a Scorching Ray character). Now I have 4k / 8.9k ES (with Discipline)

Deodre's Damming allows me an extra curse, saving me a lot of points on the tree.

Everything else is just rare items, prioritizing HP and ES over anything else. Resistances are also met easily with both Spirit Offering and the Commander of Darkness ascendancy node.

Note: Do note that I am able to OVERCAP chaos resist, because of how easy it is to get the elemental resistances, allowing me to go Low Life.

Reflect Maps. What happens?

I do run a few gems on item swap for maps like these. Basically, I remove the Firestorm and Cast While Channeling gems, and replace it with Controlled Destruction and Faster Casting. This allows me to run Reflect maps without much hassle.

Alternatively, you could take it slower, or get armor if you're physical-based, and rely on the CWDT Spirit Offering Desecrate setup to heal you as you fight along. I myself used to run Glacial Cascade, and I do rip if I do not let my Energy Shield recharge after 10 packs, but I still clear at a pretty comfortable pace.

No Regen Maps. What happens?

I run a simple mana flask in place of another flask. What you choose to replace is up to you.

As for chaos damage, ALWAYS pop the Atziri flask.

Skill Trees

You first get this nodes, regardless of whether you're building attack-base or spellcaster-base.
Tree.

Then depending on the character you wanna play, you put nodes accordingly (around lvl 60 - 65):

--- For a fire spellcaster, this is how it should look like.
Tree.

--- If you're a fancy claw witch, then here's a ideal tree.
Tree.

--- If you're a physical spellcaster however, here's one that will tickle your fancy.
Tree.

----------

Ideally, your end goal should be about 130 - 170% life, and 220 - 280 %increased Energy Shield, while picking up damage along the way.

Achievements!

[x] Reach lvl 90! (Dec 17 2016)
[ ] Reach lvl 95??
[ ] Reach lvl 100?!

[x] Uber Izaro (Dec 17 2016)
[x] Atziri (Dec 15 2016)
[ ] Atziri Deathless
[ ] Uber Atziri
[ ] Uber Atziri Deathless

[x] Fire Breachlord (Dec 24 2016)
[x] Ice Breachlord (Dec 22 2016)
[x] Lightning Breachlord (Dec 24 2016)
[ ] Physical Breachlord
[ ] Chaos Breachlord

[ ] Upgrade my chestpiece!
[ ] Upgrade my glove!
[ ] Upgrade my shoe!
[ ] Upgrade my shield!
[ ] Obtain "The Scourge!"

[x] Clear 12 achievements! (Nov 2016)
[ ] Clear 24 achievements!
[ ] Clear 36 achievements!

Changelogs
Dec 22 2016: Fixed broken links, confirmed the way Spirit Offering worked, Tul down
Dec 24 2016: Esh and Xoph down

FAQ

1) What's a good level for CWDT to be at?
Скрытый текст

If you're like me with 4k HP and 277% increased ES, I wanna say level 11, so your skills will be about 13 - 15, and it takes 1.5k to activate. However, play by ear. Figure out how much you heal, and set the level of CWDT accordingly. I like to heal a little more than I take.

If you heal about 2k, then you should put your CWDT level at about 1.5k, like me. Assume you have 8k ES. When you're 6.5k, the CWDT procs, and you're at 8.5k / 10k. The next one will proc when you're at 7k / 10k ES, and then you'll become 9k / 10k. Then the next will be at 7.5k, and the CWDT heal will get you at 9.5k, and so on and so forth.

In this way, as long as there are corpses on the floor, you'll pretty much stay alive.

2) How are you surviving without leech? Do you use armor or evasion?
Скрытый текст

I typically don't try to get hit. Kite and dodge projectiles if necessary. However, in cases like Breaches, I pop Vaal Discipline, as well as all my flasks.

I get to about 70% physical damage reduction, and get 10% dodge and spell dodge. Onslaught allows me to react faster, but that's more of a damage boosting flask. Atziri flasks are for chaos damage (just in case).

Alternatively, you could opt for leech. Just be careful with chaos damage as life regen is the only thing that keeps you alive from poison damage. No vaal pact. That prohibits life regen.

Videos will come soon when I decide to capture how powerful this build is. GGG please do not nerf.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me in-game or reply on this thread. My IGN is CWCScootaloo, and I look forward to answering your questions!

Scoots out!
Последняя редакция: s1ngap0rek1d. Время: 14 янв. 2017 г., 13:28:28
Last bumped23 марта 2017 г., 15:20:22
Friendly Bump!
Bump!
Hey Scoots!

I am giving your build a try and so far it's working out great.
Your fire skill tree link does not seem to be working but I used your starter skill tree and i'm well on my way. This is what I have in mind. https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAAFvA3UEBwceCPQOSBBYES8RUBGWEmkWbxa_FvMXHBhqGmwagRslHNwdFB1PH8chsCL0JKok2CY8JpUqjSsKK3gsnC0fLYsvnTW5Ntg26TpYRZ1JG0lRSbFLrkyzUXRTUlRHVUtVxlZIWAdYd1xrXfJfBGHiakNr22wLbRlxeXgve9d85X_Gg9uESIUyhW2HZYt6jDaPGo9GkSuTJ5UumuCboZ2unsShL6KjppmmvqcIpyusmLzqvorAVMNt0B_VgdfP2CTZW9-K37Di9-Nq6QLr7uxV74jv6_DV8Wz31_k3

And this is how far I have come. https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAQHBx4I9A5IES8RUBGWEmkW8xccGyUdFB1PIbAi9CTYJjwqjSsKLR8vnTW5Ntg6WEWdSRtJUUuuTLNTUlXGVkhd8mpDa9tsC20ZcXl_xoPbhW2PRpMnlS6a4JuKm6GhL6cIpyusmLzqvk--isBU0B_Vgdgk2VvfiukC6-7sVe_r8NXxbPfX

I have never done a fire build so some input would be nice.

My build is using a Tabula, Clear Mind, and Pain attunement with blood magic to keep it active. Soon I should have a triple curse setup and at level 68 I plan on using a Prism Guardian Shield along with the Essence Worm I already have for my auras.
EDIT: I will also be using Mind over matter if I can find a good source for mana.

I am really excited to see what this cast when damage taken setup can do. So far it's amazing.
Thank you.

P.S. I thought you should note the way cast when damage taken works. The trigger effect actually has a set pattern and putting the gems out of order will cause them not to work as you intend. It's all covered very well in the wiki entry. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_when_Damage_Taken_Support
Последняя редакция: SporkyDonkey. Время: 20 дек. 2016 г., 18:14:40
This build looks very intriguing. How viable would blade flurry be for doing higher tier content? I'm a fairly new player looking for a fun necromancer build that doesn't involve spamming SRS. I've done a little reading and it sounds like Scourge (expensive af) is required if anyone wants some legit melee play on a witch.

EDIT: "With 200% increased Energy Shield from the tree, you get 30%."

Where do you come up with this? How does having 200% increased ES change it from 10% to 30%? I thought the skill is modified by MAX life not ES?
What do you base these numbers on?

On 5 corpses you expect 10% of life converted to ES:

Скрытый текст
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAOczAwBx34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZCPTAVGpDIvRsC5Mnf8YRlgcelS7w1UlR74j5N9fPSbERUDW5pysOSF3yKwoRLx1PLR9MswQHg9tVxjpYHwI2xYt6AW_i94RIXGvDbdgkpwhWSOvuMtFFR8BmBLOiAOFzmjuCm-w48B862CcvkFUaOJ7Epr5UR4w2VUth4iaVmuBFnVNSHNy4kyj6mK2boRhqOVJYB49GHRQSaRcccXmFe2ZUgscdvjOHA-7T-2vb7IosnBa_-tIWb-NqJKqPGvnoQYe3Pv4K2L3a3ZuKvk9Ijg3iFSeMsQAAAAAA

At the moment I have 5,304 life and 2,395 ES.

I have +260% ES, and +185% life.

While one would expect an ES increase of 5,304 * 0.1 * 3.6 = 1909
The actual result is 1007.

1007/530=1.9(rounded)

If I use skin of the loyal for 100% more ES increase one would expect:
5304 * 0.1 * 4.6 = 2440
The actual result is 1186.

1186/530=2.2(rounded)

So the actual formula looks more like:
(Total Life/50)*(number of corpses)*(1+(ES increases/100)/3)=ES gain

But I agree that in theory the skill should work the way you mentioned...
Now the question is whether it is through faulty descriptions, design or programming that it doesn't...
"
SporkyDonkey написал:
Hey Scoots!

I am giving your build a try and so far it's working out great.
Your fire skill tree link does not seem to be working but I used your starter skill tree and i'm well on my way. This is what I have in mind. https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAAFvA3UEBwceCPQOSBBYES8RUBGWEmkWbxa_FvMXHBhqGmwagRslHNwdFB1PH8chsCL0JKok2CY8JpUqjSsKK3gsnC0fLYsvnTW5Ntg26TpYRZ1JG0lRSbFLrkyzUXRTUlRHVUtVxlZIWAdYd1xrXfJfBGHiakNr22wLbRlxeXgve9d85X_Gg9uESIUyhW2HZYt6jDaPGo9GkSuTJ5UumuCboZ2unsShL6KjppmmvqcIpyusmLzqvorAVMNt0B_VgdfP2CTZW9-K37Di9-Nq6QLr7uxV74jv6_DV8Wz31_k3

And this is how far I have come. https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAQHBx4I9A5IES8RUBGWEmkW8xccGyUdFB1PIbAi9CTYJjwqjSsKLR8vnTW5Ntg6WEWdSRtJUUuuTLNTUlXGVkhd8mpDa9tsC20ZcXl_xoPbhW2PRpMnlS6a4JuKm6GhL6cIpyusmLzqvk--isBU0B_Vgdgk2VvfiukC6-7sVe_r8NXxbPfX

I have never done a fire build so some input would be nice.

My build is using a Tabula, Clear Mind, and Pain attunement with blood magic to keep it active. Soon I should have a triple curse setup and at level 68 I plan on using a Prism Guardian Shield along with the Essence Worm I already have for my auras.
EDIT: I will also be using Mind over matter if I can find a good source for mana.

I am really excited to see what this cast when damage taken setup can do. So far it's amazing.
Thank you.

P.S. I thought you should note the way cast when damage taken works. The trigger effect actually has a set pattern and putting the gems out of order will cause them not to work as you intend. It's all covered very well in the wiki entry. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_when_Damage_Taken_Support

If you're doing Scorching Ray, that tree looks good to use with. I would drop some fire nodes to get some curse effective nodes so your triple curses would be even stronger. And thanks for telling me, that's so strange the fire skill tree doesn't work. I would also drop Practical Application once you pick up the Presence of Chayula, but that's later in the game.

You should switch outta Tab once you get a nice 5 / 6L with at least 100 life and 400 ES. Gives you an amazing boost to survival.

I once used MoM, but it was like extra frosting over a really delicious cupcake. You could spec into it, and it wouldn't hurt ever, or help too much. It's your choice.

And thank you for trying this out!
"
duplessis написал:
What do you base these numbers on?

On 5 corpses you expect 10% of life converted to ES:

Скрытый текст
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAOczAwBx34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZCPTAVGpDIvRsC5Mnf8YRlgcelS7w1UlR74j5N9fPSbERUDW5pysOSF3yKwoRLx1PLR9MswQHg9tVxjpYHwI2xYt6AW_i94RIXGvDbdgkpwhWSOvuMtFFR8BmBLOiAOFzmjuCm-w48B862CcvkFUaOJ7Epr5UR4w2VUth4iaVmuBFnVNSHNy4kyj6mK2boRhqOVJYB49GHRQSaRcccXmFe2ZUgscdvjOHA-7T-2vb7IosnBa_-tIWb-NqJKqPGvnoQYe3Pv4K2L3a3ZuKvk9Ijg3iFSeMsQAAAAAA

At the moment I have 5,304 life and 2,395 ES.

I have +260% ES, and +185% life.

While one would expect an ES increase of 5,304 * 0.1 * 3.6 = 1909
The actual result is 1007.

1007/530=1.9(rounded)

If I use skin of the loyal for 100% more ES increase one would expect:
5304 * 0.1 * 4.6 = 2440
The actual result is 1186.

1186/530=2.2(rounded)

So the actual formula looks more like:
(Total Life/50)*(number of corpses)*(1+(ES increases/100)/3)=ES gain

But I agree that in theory the skill should work the way you mentioned...
Now the question is whether it is through faulty descriptions, design or programming that it doesn't...

Hmm, let's see...

I have 4k life and 9k ES using this tree: here. It gives 174% life and 277% increased ES.

It's bumping my ES to 11.1k every time from 9.3k, granting me 1.8k life from 4k. So that's 45% of my life converted to ES.

Now, I do have the helmet enchant and the ascendancy node, granting me 8 corpses. So that's 16% ES granted per offering. I have 277% increased, so that makes it 44.32%. That's about right.

Huh, i should be getting more if it's 377% TOTAL ES. I should be getting 60.32%.

HEY RORY, SKILL BUG. FIX TYVM. (inb4 nerf)

EDIT: No, apparently, that's how the skill works as user Vipermagi describes here.
Последняя редакция: s1ngap0rek1d. Время: 22 дек. 2016 г., 16:43:22
"
This build looks very intriguing. How viable would blade flurry be for doing higher tier content? I'm a fairly new player looking for a fun necromancer build that doesn't involve spamming SRS. I've done a little reading and it sounds like Scourge (expensive af) is required if anyone wants some legit melee play on a witch.

EDIT: "With 200% increased Energy Shield from the tree, you get 30%."

Where do you come up with this? How does having 200% increased ES change it from 10% to 30%? I thought the skill is modified by MAX life not ES?

I've seriously considered Scourge Reave Necromancer last league, but with the prices of the Scourge skyrocketing, I can't exactly play that at the moment. However, TOTALLY viable. Spirit Offering would give you extra chaos damage too, so you don't waste any of it.

With 200% increased, it means that you have the base 100% to start off with (since 100% = normal). Then you add 200% to 100% to make it 300%, which basically means 'times 3'. So 10 x 3 = 30%.

The skill is actually affected by both life AND es, since it GRANTS you ES. Think of it as an extra ES shield. You would multiply it by (100% + X), where X is the increased ES.
Последняя редакция: s1ngap0rek1d. Время: 22 дек. 2016 г., 15:52:49
So the actual formula is:

Energy Shield Gain = (TL/50)/(1 + ILP/100)*(# of corpses)*(1 + ILP/100 + IES/100)

TL = total life
ILP = increased life #%
IES = increased energy shield #%
Последняя редакция: duplessis. Время: 22 дек. 2016 г., 19:01:23

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация