[3.0] Self-Cast Dark Pact Occultist - over 3mil Shaper DPS

Tier 8 map completed; still on a 4-link
Nostrademous
Последняя редакция: Nostrademous. Время: 8 авг. 2017 г., 18:45:03
I'm a new player. Started playing when the 3.0 patch hit. I am now level 49 and I'm having trouble against bosses with this build. Against normal mobs there's no problem since I basically one-shot everything. But single-target battles are devastating. I die 10-20 times per boss either because I get one-shot by an attack or because I run out of flask charges. What am I doing wrong?
First time posting here but a longtime PoE player. I'm having a blast with the build. Currently level 55, content is fun and I clear pretty much everything without issues.

I was just wondering what your thoughts were on the Spreading Rot jewel which gives these:

(7-13)% increased Chaos Damage
With at least 40 Intelligence in Radius, Enemies Hindered by Blight take 25% increased Chaos Damage
With at least 40 Intelligence in Radius, Blight has 50% increased Hinder Duration

Do you think it would be better to use Blight with Spell totem instead of Wither and take advantage of this jewel?

Thanks!
"
Skyz91 написал:
First time posting here but a longtime PoE player. I'm having a blast with the build. Currently level 55, content is fun and I clear pretty much everything without issues.

I was just wondering what your thoughts were on the Spreading Rot jewel which gives these:

(7-13)% increased Chaos Damage
With at least 40 Intelligence in Radius, Enemies Hindered by Blight take 25% increased Chaos Damage
With at least 40 Intelligence in Radius, Blight has 50% increased Hinder Duration

Do you think it would be better to use Blight with Spell totem instead of Wither and take advantage of this jewel?

Thanks!

Blight stacks up to 20 times (like Wither) but the gem I think only provides a single 25% more dmg for anyone with Blight debuff, not 25% per Blight stack. If I am wrong, then sure 25% per stack better than 7% per stack, but I think it's a single 25% instance regardless of stack count.
Nostrademous
"
sjöstrand написал:
I'm a new player. Started playing when the 3.0 patch hit. I am now level 49 and I'm having trouble against bosses with this build. Against normal mobs there's no problem since I basically one-shot everything. But single-target battles are devastating. I die 10-20 times per boss either because I get one-shot by an attack or because I run out of flask charges. What am I doing wrong?

You have some issues:
1) You are only running one curse. Get the ring I recommend and use both. Check PoE.Trade with this link: http://poe.trade/search/yauseotohahono

2) You are using an "axe"??? You need wands or daggers with spell damage. Dark Pact is a spell. You are seriously gimping your dmg with that axe.

3) This is minor but don't spec into "crit multiplier" nodes until your crit is high. Focus more on life and base damage improvement and not crit for now.

4) Check my Original Post - I made many changes - to ascendancies too

Hope it helps
Nostrademous
So I am doing a similar build to you. But I found that I am super squishy. I have about 3.8k life and 2k es but I end up just getting blown up in one shot often. Whats that about? Did you encounter that?

This was around tier 4-6 maps. I eventually speced out of for a slightly different build.
"
sillyhumansuit написал:
So I am doing a similar build to you. But I found that I am super squishy. I have about 3.8k life and 2k es but I end up just getting blown up in one shot often. Whats that about? Did you encounter that?

This was around tier 4-6 maps. I eventually speced out of for a slightly different build.

I am squishy in a way, but reason I rarely die is b/c I heal to full health from even 1hp with a single cast in a group, or 25% health from almost 0% on a single mob. You need Vaal Pact and sufficient leech to achieve this.

The CWDT + Immortal Call prevents most deaths and allows me to heal. Obviously a 1-shot is a 1-shot, but those should be rare.
Nostrademous
Последняя редакция: Nostrademous. Время: 8 авг. 2017 г., 23:36:01
This looks like a fun build, going to give it a try.

Any tips on the skill tree as far as where to head first and what to get ASAP? I am thinking rush to Vaal Pact?

Thanks
Map clearing is fine, but lacking single target damage big time, any workarounds? Leech just seems to be not there
"
ErkiNool написал:
Map clearing is fine, but lacking single target damage big time, any workarounds? Leech just seems to be not there

Voidbringer + Arcane Surge link would be a start i think

Also use a diamond flask, mandatory for any crit build

Swap your rathpith for another apep, you can have the spell damage alone on the apep's implicit and the flat chaos to spell + cast spell is a great boost, get a lightning golem

I don't really know why your leech isn't enough but wild guess i think it's because you don't crit enough (or you dps isn't enough)

Edit : I didn't saw it at first but you didn't take the power charge with the spell dmg for each power charge node ! Same thing for throatseeker
Последняя редакция: Lyanar. Время: 9 авг. 2017 г., 7:01:52

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация