[3.1] [Theorycrafting] Volatile Dead Hiero (?) Inq (?)

Wouldn't that Witch build be a little too squisy tho?
"
Priose написал:

I feel like it's good enough considering it is both hybrid and MoM. With some decent HP/ES gear you could get 4-6k HP and 3-5k ES easily.

I feel like the only aura you will want to be using is Clarity or possibly AA.

I'm more concerned with the damage quite honestly.
My Supporter Pack list compensates for my small penis.
Anger, Clarity?
"
Priose написал:
Anger, Clarity?

There are pros and cons of Anger, but the biggest con is that you lose more of your MoM mana pool. Also, I'm afraid the aura range won't benefit the VD most of the time since it probably off-screens a lot.

These are obviously just theories though!
My Supporter Pack list compensates for my small penis.
"
Relidar написал:
"
Priose написал:

I feel like it's good enough considering it is both hybrid and MoM. With some decent HP/ES gear you could get 4-6k HP and 3-5k ES easily.

I feel like the only aura you will want to be using is Clarity or possibly AA.

I'm more concerned with the damage quite honestly.

I'm more concerned about the damage as well :D

I made another post on the witch forum : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2036590 Just to engage more people in the conversation.
Последняя редакция: nocx13. Время: 6 дек. 2017 г., 14:09:55
"
Relidar написал:
"
Priose написал:
Anger, Clarity?

I'm afraid the aura range won't benefit the VD most of the time since it probably off-screens a lot.

Wait, is there some mechanic I'm unaware of?

The orbs from Volatile Dead aren't allies like SRS, so I would assume the added fire damage from Anger will be applied to VD like it would any other spell.

Regardless, 50% reservation for added damage on a 50% effectiveness spell probably isn't worth it. Effectiveness has been changed to 120%, still not worth it on a MoM character but added damage on weapons is going to be great.

Последняя редакция: Hojirozame. Время: 6 дек. 2017 г., 22:34:50
I'm going to try for Unearth and bodyswap totems, with self cast Detonate dead/Volatile dead and try and sequeeze in Cremation in somewhere

Only the Heirophant makes this possible

put the self cast skill into the boots for leech

Bodyswap totems into gloves for the AOE, and then chest (maybe even use a 2handed weapon for another set of links) for another 1-2 skills

Последняя редакция: CoolColJ. Время: 7 дек. 2017 г., 18:21:23
So I was doing some theory crafting myself and came up with the following:

I was personally inclined to choose between Assassin or Inquisitor, as they are my favorite ascendancies and seemed like the best option for carrying this character from mapping into bossing (if I so desired).

Inquisitor will most likely be the better map clearer because of Instruments of Virtue, but might feel better to carry through to endgame with Assassin.

Assassin will have a great way to generate power charges for end game content (outside of map rushing) and I would expect it to feel the best because of the high crit chance.

I was also thinking about how the skill will work. The way the description explains how the damage is dealt it seems like the 3% corpse life damage will be upfront, and the fire damage will be what the ball deals. What this means to me is that this is going to end up being a great character to map with that can swap in Detonate Dead for end game boss content.

Inquisitor Setup:
6L Volatile Dead - Controlled Destruction - Inc Crit DMG - Inc Crit Strikes - Inc AoE/Conc - Faster Casting/Spell Echo (whichever ends up feeling better)

3L(?) Desecrate - Spell Cascade - Faster Casting
3L(?) CWDT - Immortal Call - Warlord's Mark

4L Unearth - Spell Totem - GMP - Faster Casting
4L Herald of Ice - Ice Bite - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark
4L Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Culling Strike(?)

Talent Tree

Uniques Intuitive Leap, Inspired Learning, Brightbeak

Shield Charge around like a madman with Brightbeak. Swap to doryani's for bosses, if necessary.
I'm hoping to be able to get some shatters and Frenzy/Power charges from Herald of Ice, although we will not know how likely that is until we get to play around with the skill.

Since we are relying on crit, we don't need fire penetration because Inevitable Judgement will set enemy resistant to 0% when we crit. From playing around in POB (using fireball as the damage skill) Crit strikes would likely be necessary to get that crit up.

Assassin Setup:
Same setup with 2 small changes, switching out inc crit and assassin's mark. Could add in blasphemies for either setup but I want to try and maximize MOM.

6L Volatile Dead - Controlled Destruction - Inc Crit DMG - Fire Penetration - Inc AoE/Conc - Faster Casting/Spell Echo (whichever ends up feeling better)

4L Herald of Ice - Ice Bite - Curse on Hit - Flammability/Poacher's Mark

Talent Tree - basically the same as inquis.
Uniques Intuitive Leap, Inspired Learning, Brightbeak, Pure Talent (new unique jewel)

With Assassin, penetration is going to be more useful for us. We switch out inc crit (as we won't need the added crit in the 6L because of all the bonus crit we get from being an Assassin) and put in Fire Pentration. We use Pure Talent for a 5% pen - I am unsure how great of a damage boost this will be versus 30% multi from a rare jewel, I'm assuming the 5% pen will be better for bosses as I would assume having a balance of multi and penetration is better than just having a large amount of one or the other.

This is just something to consider and mess around with. I was also thinking that maybe added cold would fit as the damage modifier is 120% and will benefit pretty well from flat added. That would also help for shatters and frenzy/power generation. If it turns out that Herald just doesn't work that well, then throwing Elemental Focus in would be the obvious choice and will be used for leveling.

I am going to try this as an assassin build on my stream and see how it goes. I think that using VD for leveling and mapping will probably feel clunky at first and ramp up until end game. Swap in DD for end game content (elder/shaper/atziri) and see how it goes. With the insane damage of Detonate Dead I'm expecting some decent results.
I'm 99% sure I'm going to just jump right in and start the league tomorrow with an INQ version of this build! So I'll definitely be keeping up on this thread! With INQ though, I want to invest in some crit??? With the tree provided, would Elem Overload be enough? Maybe with an Orb of Storms + Incr Crit Chance? Or would I have to find some on the tree? Now.... to think of a fun name!!
"
Burmania написал:
So I was doing some theory crafting myself and came up with the following:

I was personally inclined to choose between Assassin or Inquisitor, as they are my favorite ascendancies and seemed like the best option for carrying this character from mapping into bossing (if I so desired).

Inquisitor will most likely be the better map clearer because of Instruments of Virtue, but might feel better to carry through to endgame with Assassin.

Assassin will have a great way to generate power charges for end game content (outside of map rushing) and I would expect it to feel the best because of the high crit chance.

I was also thinking about how the skill will work. The way the description explains how the damage is dealt it seems like the 3% corpse life damage will be upfront, and the fire damage will be what the ball deals. What this means to me is that this is going to end up being a great character to map with that can swap in Detonate Dead for end game boss content.

Inquisitor Setup:
6L Volatile Dead - Controlled Destruction - Inc Crit DMG - Inc Crit Strikes - Inc AoE/Conc - Faster Casting/Spell Echo (whichever ends up feeling better)

3L(?) Desecrate - Spell Cascade - Faster Casting
3L(?) CWDT - Immortal Call - Warlord's Mark

4L Unearth - Spell Totem - GMP - Faster Casting
4L Herald of Ice - Ice Bite - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark
4L Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Culling Strike(?)

Talent Tree

Uniques Intuitive Leap, Inspired Learning, Brightbeak

Shield Charge around like a madman with Brightbeak. Swap to doryani's for bosses, if necessary.
I'm hoping to be able to get some shatters and Frenzy/Power charges from Herald of Ice, although we will not know how likely that is until we get to play around with the skill.

Since we are relying on crit, we don't need fire penetration because Inevitable Judgement will set enemy resistant to 0% when we crit. From playing around in POB (using fireball as the damage skill) Crit strikes would likely be necessary to get that crit up.

Assassin Setup:
Same setup with 2 small changes, switching out inc crit and assassin's mark. Could add in blasphemies for either setup but I want to try and maximize MOM.

6L Volatile Dead - Controlled Destruction - Inc Crit DMG - Fire Penetration - Inc AoE/Conc - Faster Casting/Spell Echo (whichever ends up feeling better)

4L Herald of Ice - Ice Bite - Curse on Hit - Flammability/Poacher's Mark

Talent Tree - basically the same as inquis.
Uniques Intuitive Leap, Inspired Learning, Brightbeak, Pure Talent (new unique jewel)

With Assassin, penetration is going to be more useful for us. We switch out inc crit (as we won't need the added crit in the 6L because of all the bonus crit we get from being an Assassin) and put in Fire Pentration. We use Pure Talent for a 5% pen - I am unsure how great of a damage boost this will be versus 30% multi from a rare jewel, I'm assuming the 5% pen will be better for bosses as I would assume having a balance of multi and penetration is better than just having a large amount of one or the other.

This is just something to consider and mess around with. I was also thinking that maybe added cold would fit as the damage modifier is 120% and will benefit pretty well from flat added. That would also help for shatters and frenzy/power generation. If it turns out that Herald just doesn't work that well, then throwing Elemental Focus in would be the obvious choice and will be used for leveling.

I am going to try this as an assassin build on my stream and see how it goes. I think that using VD for leveling and mapping will probably feel clunky at first and ramp up until end game. Swap in DD for end game content (elder/shaper/atziri) and see how it goes. With the insane damage of Detonate Dead I'm expecting some decent results.

your going to really want spell cascade in your 6l vd setup

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация