3.1 - SRS - Super Slow Mo - Cheap (5C) (Perfect for new players, poor players, and endgame players)

That's probably because your gems have a too high level requirement, look at the description of your CwDT gem, it will only auto-cast gems below a certain level.
Hi!

I'm new to PoE and I've been looking for a build with a guide I can actually understand without having to read the entire wiki beforehand, and this guide seems easy to understand for a newbie like me. I do have a few questions though:

1) I've reached level 33 and I'm at the end of Act 3, as such I've gotten most of the skillgems I need
for this bulid (cant find the CwDT gem though?). I this the right time to get the Uniques that are
required for this build?

2) How often do I need to change these uniques in order to maintain a steady progression? I presume
you have to change them due to levels and stats?

3) It seems really difficult to find blues or yellows with the right socket color and links. Should i
just go for whites with the right sockets and links and just upgrade them? I read somewhere that
there is an upgrade system for items?

Anyway, I'm having fun with the build so far. :) (Although clearing those abysses before the trove dissapears is currently nigh on impossible...)
"
DOD_One написал:
Hi!

I'm new to PoE and I've been looking for a build with a guide I can actually understand without having to read the entire wiki beforehand, and this guide seems easy to understand for a newbie like me. I do have a few questions though:

1) I've reached level 33 and I'm at the end of Act 3, as such I've gotten most of the skillgems I need
for this bulid (cant find the CwDT gem though?). I this the right time to get the Uniques that are
required for this build?

2) How often do I need to change these uniques in order to maintain a steady progression? I presume
you have to change them due to levels and stats?

3) It seems really difficult to find blues or yellows with the right socket color and links. Should i
just go for whites with the right sockets and links and just upgrade them? I read somewhere that
there is an upgrade system for items?

Anyway, I'm having fun with the build so far. :) (Although clearing those abysses before the trove dissapears is currently nigh on impossible...)

Hi! Thanks for your interest!

1) CwDT is the last stage of gems that unlock in the game. It requires level 38. You can purchase all the gems you need from Siosa in the Library in Act 3 (do his quest first). Once you get to level 38 you have the ability to run the full build. To do that you'll need the two rings and boots I suggested (you need them to run all the curses). But it's hard considering what you choose in regards to your third question (below).

2) The uniques in the game won't change unless you want to break away from the build idea and do your own thing.

3) If this is your first character in the league you're playing in, you will be faced with tough choices until currency comes your way. With the first character in a league, I find the hardest part of the game is choosing between having the sockets/links I want, or rares with good rolls that don't have the links I want. It's a hard choice and there isn't a right way to go about it until you have maxed your resists with full links. From there is where you'll slowly start improving your gear via trading or SSF (your second question...but not for uniques). I don't care how often I die getting to end game so I always choose links over rolls. But dying in POE can send some people on murderous rampages...so choose what suits you. You can use different currency to upgrade equipment. But I suggest not spending the currency unless you have a GREAT item...otherwise wait to see how often currency drops in end game before you decide how to risk spending it.

Did I miss anything? Feel free to ask more if you like.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
What do you think about dropping either Hypothermia or Maim for Empower?
"
Terashell написал:
What do you think about dropping either Hypothermia or Maim for Empower?

Hi!

Dropping either of those gems would take away from the theme of "slowing" enemies to their cap. If you don't care about that theme at all then there is tons of the build that you can change: the weapons, curses, and gems.

I use Path of Building for all my numbers and such. So, according POB, in a 6-link, Maim does the least DPS out of the gems I selected. Replacing Maim with level 3 Empower doesn't do more damage than any gem already selected. You'd need a level 4 Empower for SRS to increase in DPS. The DPS increase would be just over 2000 to replace Maim with Empower 4 (DPS here only includes the tree with the gems...no jewels or equipment). Up to you to determine if a Level 4 Empower is worth the 2k in DPS.

I hope that helps!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
I'm very new to the game so there's likely an obvious explanation I'm missing, but why STR based gear?
"
Barryk написал:
I'm very new to the game so there's likely an obvious explanation I'm missing, but why STR based gear?

Hi! Thanks for the question. I may not have explained it well (or at all). I'll answer thorough-ish since you said you are new to POE. I'm sorry if you know 99% of the answer.

In POE gear can have attribute requirements that you must meet before you can equip the item. Some have strength requirements, others can be Dexterity or Intelligence. Strength based gear always has armour, Dex has evasion, Int has ES (Energy Shield). Strength based items have a greater chance of rolling red sockets, Dex-green, Int-Blue.

Since the idea of the build is to be constantly casting (staying in one spot) while also being willing to take some hits to keep our Cast when Damage Taken gems going, we want to be able to take damage but also get hit (not missed). Armour decreases the amount of physical damage we take. So focusing on strength based items ensures we are optimizing our defence by increasing our physical damage reduction.

Gear can have multiple attribute requirements. So if you don't have a lot of Chromatic Orbs, look for the items that still have some Armour but doesn't decrease the enemy's chance to hit you. (We want to get hit to cast our Cast when Damage Taken gems.) So if you're short on chromatics, look for Armour/Energy Shield bases, not Armour/Evasion. Gear that has split requirements typically have less of the benefit because it's a shared bonus. For example, a piece of Strength gear could have 1000 Armour. A piece of Strength and Intelligence gear could have 500 of each. So if you have the chromatics, do Strength based only, otherwise do Strength and Intelligence.

Does that answer your question? If not, or if you have more, please feel free to ask. Lots of the POE community love helping new people no matter how simple the answer may (or may not) be.

Annnnnd

Последняя редакция: Wrecker_of_Days. Время: 18 янв. 2018 г., 20:39:03
Succinct, simple, to the point. Thank you, you answered my question. I guess in my head I was equating "STR based" with "only having red sockets".
Great build, great guide, non sexual crush on you right now, you champion. About to try it now.
I think a nice addition to this build is a CWDT + Spirit offering setup

as seen here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHgpow0dg5k

You can tank a lot of stuff with it, but it does require a more hybrid setup
With Abyss jewels having flat life and Energy shield you can reach around 5k life and 5K ES on average by lv 90.
Even if you don't it's still helps a ton.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация