[3.2] Elementalist Ignite. Burn your enemies in the ninth circle of Hell. Advance setting out!

Ow thats nice I thought it wouldn't work.
That build looks fun ^^

A few ideas / observations :
- molten shell in CWDT may be an issue: when the shell explodes, it deal fire damage which will trigger EE, so it might be really lower your burning damage, which will probably happen in boss fight for example
- why not immortal call instead, since you generate endurance charge using enduring cry
- A witchfire brew could also be usefull: you wouldn't need despair as curse in your link, and as the flask create a smoke cloud, you are less likely to be hit
- you can also put enfeeble as CWDT trigger, so you are less likely to be blocked in place if you get it for example.
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
Последняя редакция: Anakhon. Время: 4 апр. 2018 г., 5:46:56
"
Anakhon написал:
That build looks fun ^^

A few ideas / observations :
- molten shell in CWDT may be an issue: when the shell explodes, it deal fire damage which will trigger EE, so it might be really lower your burning damage, which will probably happen in boss fight for example
- why not immortal call instead, since you generate endurance charge using enduring cry
- A witchfire brew could also be usefull: you wouldn't need despair as curse in your link, and as the flask create a smoke cloud, you are less likely to be hit
- you can also put enfeeble as CWDT trigger, so you are less likely to be blocked in place if you get it for example.

Molten shell it's not really a problem, it only gives fire resistance until you hit again with ice crash.

I used immortal call and is good, but i wanted to keep the endurances charges.

Witchfire brew can be useful but not in long fights, because when you run out of flask charges is one less curse,but maybe you can compensate it whit enfeeble.

In general all defensive configurations are good if they make sense one way or another.
In your FAQ you wrote:

"
7. Why cold penetration and lower fire resistance? Can't i go fire penetration?

Definitely no. Your hit is mostly cold damage, that's why cold penetration will give you ignite damage but fire penetration no, you don't have any fire damage to penetrate with, an you lower the fire resistance because the damage they receive it's fire damage even if the hit that caused it was cold.

What you are saying is incorrect. Penetration does not increase ignite damage. Penetration only works on hits, and since an ignite is based on the base damage and not the final hit, it will never work on ignite (or any damage over time effects).

However, it did kind of work before the ignite/poison nerf, since the ignite used to be based on your final hit, but like i said that's not the case anymore.

Interesting build though.
Последняя редакция: SebbeTg. Время: 5 апр. 2018 г., 10:48:41
"
SebbeTg написал:

What you are saying is incorrect. Penetration does not increase ignite damage. Penetration only works on hits, and since an ignite is based on the base damage and not the final hit, it will never work on ignite (or any damage over time effects).

However, it did kind of work before the ignite/poison nerf, since the ignite used to be based on your final hit, but like i said that's not the case anymore.

penetration itself doesn't work no, but lowering the enemies fire resistance (which is what the FAQ said), does. EE + flammability/elemental weakness will increase ignite damage, as it just lowers the enemies resistance. It's not a form of penetration.
"
Tortunga написал:
"
SebbeTg написал:

penetration itself doesn't work no, but lowering the enemies fire resistance (which is what the FAQ said), does. EE + flammability/elemental weakness will increase ignite damage, as it just lowers the enemies resistance. It's not a form of penetration.

Yes, lowering the fire resistance does increase ignite damage, but to quote what OP wrote:
"
Your hit is mostly cold damage, that's why cold penetration will give you ignite damage

OP clearly claims that cold penetration does increase ignite damage, wich is wrong. This information can misslead new players.
"
SebbeTg написал:

OP clearly claims that cold penetration does increase ignite damage, wich is wrong. This information can misslead new players.

Ok, i fixed it. Thanks for pointing the mistake.
"
SebbeTg написал:

Ow missed that part.

Anyway an update from my own ignite build related to the AG: It's nice for clearing maps in general (done most red tier maps now without much of a problem), but he just dies to easily against the real end game fights. I had to de-summon him at red tier Elder portal phase, as he couldn't out regen the degen.

And he died at Hydra (only guardian I tried) just from the Frostbolts. I might try to see If I can give him more regen somehow and see how it goes.
Последняя редакция: Tortunga. Время: 6 апр. 2018 г., 17:56:05
"
Tortunga написал:

Anyway an update from my own ignite build related to the AG: It's nice for clearing maps in general (done most red tier maps now without much of a problem), but he just dies to easily against the real end game fights. I had to de-summon him at red tier Elder portal phase, as he couldn't out regen the degen.

And he died at Hydra (only guardian I tried) just from the Frostbolts. I might try to see If I can give him more regen somehow and see how it goes.

I equipped my AG with all the regeneration i could. I'll test it as soon as i can, these days i'm very busy.
Последняя редакция: Pablogb4. Время: 7 апр. 2018 г., 9:40:13

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация