[3.5] Ghoulish Overkill! Zombie+Skeleton Baron build

Hello everyone:)
First of all, congrats on the build OP:)

I have a few questions that may seem dumb to some but I'm trying a summoner for my very first time in POE and have no clue about the intricate mechanics of it.

1) I saw your post a few posts earlier that u r going to do a lvling section, would greatly appreciate if u do that. Having never lvled as a summoner before, it would be of great help:)
I saw some people mentioning arc and zomies or SRS and zombies, trying the latter now in Inc.
Also, I saw that many said that u switch at lvl 50 to zombies/skellies... Why is that? What happens at that lvl?:)

It would help too if u did a gem section, like what u use on a 4link, or, while lvling.

2) I saw that on your PoB link you have the skellies in your helm and the zombies on the chest with the Stone Golem in an unset ring. Here, u have both skellies/zombies in chest while St. Golem is on a 4link in your helm... Which route should we take?:)

Also, I saw the lvling tree that TokeMcBong posted a couple of posts above, ty for that mate^^:)
it will be of great help.

I have many more questions but I'll try to lvl a bit on my own first and get the "feel" of it if I can:)
Again, congrats on your build and ty in advance for any answers u send my way:)
"Too Wierd To Live... Too Rare To Die...."
Personal Motto

Finally made it to lvl 100... Only took me 3 years...:) :(
"
grimlock9999 написал:
"
loved Queens escape build i tried back in breach league and is hard to beat for move compared to any minion build,interesting to see phase run used to get around manually and will have to try that myself sometime (i use it on cwdt+ic+phase run to gtfo when trouble hits :P),only issue i see is to reach that level of speed wouldn't you have to drop necro aegis/victario's charity for it to work that fast,curious how the loss of power/frenzy charges on zombies would affect oranges setup.

Carnage Chieftan spectres + minion life + blood magic will do the trick.

You'll also lose power charges this way, still around a 15-18% damage loss overall.

@SpareTheRod1976

The best way to handle the skeletons/zombies/golems I've found so far is 6 link Zombies in the Chest. 4 link skeleton in the Helmet and 1,2 or 3 link the golem in a weapon.

What I would do for link setups is as follows.

6l Zombies in Chest
Raise Zombie + Multistrike + Minion Damage + Melee Physical Damage + Concentrated Effect + Ruthless (6th link can be Brutality if you have no sources of elemental damage for minions from Ghastly eyes, Hatred or etc.)

4l Skeletons in Helmet
Vaal Summon Skeleton + Maim + Melee Physical Damage + Minion Damage

Weapon 1 Utility
Stone Golem (level 20) + CWDT (level 1) + Convocation (level 5) (you don't want CWDT to handle the golem.)

Weapon 2 Auras
Clarity (level 1) + Purity of Elements + Vaal Haste (Hatred works as well, clear is a bit slower)

4-link 1
Shield Charge + Fortify + Curse on Hit + Enfeeble (Vulnerability works here as well, less survive ability in exchange for more damage.)

4-link 2
Desecrate + Spirit Offering + Spell Cascade + Increased Duration

This is what I currently have in my setup at least.

ALSO

For some bosses like Uber Atziri where you find your zombies start to die a bit (Atziri reflection phase sucks for this build.)

I've found the best thing to do is to swap your zombies to the helmet as the 4 link and put skeletons in your chest as the 6 link. This way if you run into a situation where the zombies start dying off they are not the main force of your damage and you can re-summon skeletons with relative ease.
Последняя редакция: TokeMcBong. Время: 20 июня 2018 г., 14:52:58
Toke's Reply
"
TokeMcBong написал:
"
grimlock9999 написал:
"
loved Queens escape build i tried back in breach league and is hard to beat for move compared to any minion build,interesting to see phase run used to get around manually and will have to try that myself sometime (i use it on cwdt+ic+phase run to gtfo when trouble hits :P),only issue i see is to reach that level of speed wouldn't you have to drop necro aegis/victario's charity for it to work that fast,curious how the loss of power/frenzy charges on zombies would affect oranges setup.

Carnage Chieftan spectres + minion life + blood magic will do the trick.

You'll also lose power charges this way, still around a 15-18% damage loss overall.

@SpareTheRod1976

The best way to handle the skeletons/zombies/golems I've found so far is 6 link Zombies in the Chest. 4 link skeleton in the Helmet and 1,2 or 3 link the golem in a weapon.

What I would do for link setups is as follows.

6l Zombies in Chest
Raise Zombie + Multistrike + Minion Damage + Melee Physical Damage + Concentrated Effect + Ruthless (6th link can be Brutality if you have no sources of elemental damage for minions from Ghastly eyes, Hatred or etc.)

4l Skeletons in Helmet
Vaal Summon Skeleton + Maim + Melee Physical Damage + Minion Damage

Weapon 1 Utility
Stone Golem (level 20) + CWDT (level 1) + Convocation (level 3) (you don't want CWDT to handle the golem.)

Weapon 2 Auras
Clarity (level 1) + Purity of Elements + Vaal Haste (Hatred works as well, clear is a bit slower)

4-link 1
Shield Charge + Fortify + Curse on Hit + Enfeeble (Vulnerability works here as well, less survive ability in exchange for more damage.)

4-link 2
Desecrate + Spirit Offering + Spell Cascade + Increased Duration

This is what I currently have in my setup at least.

ALSO

For some bosses like Uber Atziri where you find your zombies start to die a bit (Atziri reflection phase sucks for this build.)

I've found the best thing to do is to swap your zombies to the helmet as the 4 link and put skeletons in your chest as the 6 link. This way if you run into a situation where the zombies start dying off they are not the main force of your damage and you can re-summon skeletons with relative ease.

Toke, u r a lifesavior mate:) I've been looking for something like this^^
It helps out a lot, ty!:)
"Too Wierd To Live... Too Rare To Die...."
Personal Motto

Finally made it to lvl 100... Only took me 3 years...:) :(
@SpareTheRod1976 i generally level as a spell caster with firestorm/freeze pulse or w/e catches my eye and swap to a summoner at level 20-30,most important thing is focusing on your survivability first then your minions,i build my necro pretty much how toke has posted with a few variations (i've come to love phase run+cwdt for gtfo in mapping/tight enclosed levels which works well for victario's due to the frenzy charges zombies generate for you)

@toke good point on the powercharge loss,though tbh i despise raise specters so will never run them due to the hassle required,why clarity?im assuming its just for the necro aura buff to your minions?
"
Valkirth написал:
@toke good point on the powercharge loss,though tbh i despise raise specters so will never run them due to the hassle required,why clarity?im assuming its just for the necro aura buff to your minions?

Yeah, just for the bonus from Commander of Darkness
"
Valkirth написал:

If you give the shield to the minions, they give frenzy/power charges back to you! With increase duration gem, you can get 8-10 seconds of phasing run. The phasing run stacks with quicksilver potions. The only challenge is the timing of when to cast stuff and when to just run around.

I really like the phase run, so for me the choice is between necro aegis + victarios, or specters to provide frenzy.

1. You can open doors or chest without loosing the phasing run.
2. You can apply a blasphemy driven curse without losing phasing run.
3. There is a neat combination between CWDT + convocation + immortal call and then manually invoke phasing run. You summon everyone and have a brief time during immortal call to invoke phasing run... doing it this way also allows you to cast it any non-hit time you want.
4. Phasing run lets you run through mobs, barrels and other stuff. It helps run maze / traps.
5. Phasing run had its activation shortened to .25
6. Phasing run keeps going even after you ran out of all your quicksilver potions

For now, I have phasing run + increase duration. I compliment this with

charged dash + cast when channeling + desecrate + my offering.

This replaces flame dash for up/down, and is auto desecrate + offering. The new keypad is overloaded big-time with all the new vaal options. This groups 3 into one and has a few tricks.

1. You can fly in a circle and land where you started
2. You can fly into a mob, set off CWDT and phase run away.
3. Much greater potential distance than flame dash
4. I have enough keys to meet other needs... I like having LOTS of keys :)

Ancient

ImAncient
"
ImAncient написал:
"
Valkirth написал:

If you give the shield to the minions, they give frenzy/power charges back to you! With increase duration gem, you can get 8-10 seconds of phasing run. The phasing run stacks with quicksilver potions. The only challenge is the timing of when to cast stuff and when to just run around.

I really like the phase run, so for me the choice is between necro aegis + victarios, or specters to provide frenzy.

3. There is a neat combination between CWDT + convocation + immortal call and then manually invoke phasing run. You summon everyone and have a brief time during immortal call to invoke phasing run... doing it this way also allows you to cast it any non-hit time you want.
4. Phasing run lets you run through mobs, barrels and other stuff. It helps run maze / traps.
6. Phasing run keeps going even after you ran out of all your quicksilver potions

This replaces flame dash for up/down, and is auto desecrate + offering. The new keypad is overloaded big-time with all the new vaal options. This groups 3 into one and has a few tricks.

Ancient

I agree Phase Run can be fantastic, if you really want it in the build I'd recommend removing the Clarity(level 1) in my above gem listings. Moving the Stone Golem into the slot where Clarity was and putting Phase Run into the slot where Golem was linked to CWDT. That would allow for the least loss I can see of any variation I try for this build.

The main reason I do not include it myself is that I am too often casting skeletons, offering or shield charging through enemies to keep the primary buff for more than a second or two. I tend to be a twitchy player.
Последняя редакция: TokeMcBong. Время: 20 июня 2018 г., 15:24:51
"
ImAncient написал:
"
Valkirth написал:

Ancient

thanks for the tips with phase run!,have only used it in a cwdt+ic+phase run so definitely will have to play around with phase run as manual skill see how i like it,never tried charged dash myself so will have to see what i think as i hate flame dash -_- (i use leap to cut ledges/cliffs etc)
Thank you for the response. I have most of the items in the bank already. I will start rolling this character over the weekend.
I'm thinking about giving this a try.
However, what about the typical problems of minion builds?
a) Scalability of DPS? Does better gear translate into a reasonable increase in DPS or does it very much fall off compared to 'direct damage' builds?
b) Clearspeed. Are the zombies fast enough to reach all mobs in a very short time? How is the speed compared to any generic whirling-blades vortex/molten strike/whatever?

Thanks in advance. Looks like a great build otherwise.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация