Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

Why in leveling guide u advice to use fireball in 1st act?
And zombies+phantasms+miniondmg = 1shot trash. zombies are useless before u take some mandatory nodes. they are one shot trash in 1-4 acts..

It looks like a masochism.

Fix it and add something like:

srs+minion damage+melee splash
freezing pulse+arcane+frostbomb

"
lososnitunca написал:
And zombies+phantasms+miniondmg = 1shot trash. zombies are useless before u take some mandatory nodes. they are one shot trash in 1-4 acts..

There are a couple reasons.

1. Avoiding unnecessary currency spending is pretty important if you play from 0-hour. Currency is tight in the early Acts. Fireball and Arcane are free.

2. Minion Damage and Melee Splash are only available after finishing the prison. So you still need to use something until then. Fireball and Arcane have been with your since the beach. Fireball also does splash damage and can ignite.

3. You could buy freezing pulse and frostbomb. They're pretty good, but I recommend avoiding buying gems you will throw away soon after.

4. Outdated necro levelling guides advise SRS or Freezing Pulse because, back then, they were your main skill until getting Flame Sentinels in Act 3. Storm Brand is much better than SRS and you get that as soon as you finish Act 1, so buying melee splash, freezing pulse or frost bomb are a waste of currency.

5. Raise Zombies and Summon Phantasms are free rewards, so why not use them? The zombies follow you around and are a meat shield, if they kill a monster, you can get a phantasm. Every source of damage helps.

Fireball is just my recommendation. You can breeze through Act 1 deathless with Fireball. But, you can use whatever feels good for you.

🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Последняя редакция: kayella. Время: 3 марта 2019 г., 19:17:19
"
kayella написал:

I like your suggestion about using Haste AND Anger+Gen for the league start. I'll add it to the levelling guide (with credit).

I think I need to add a Q&A section. Would you mind if I added your post to it?

Sure thing, go ahead!

"
kayella написал:

That's a good tip about desecrate and the +1; it would work well as an offhand weapon. I'll have to figure out the best place to fit this in. Maybe in the levelling guide.

Yeah, a detailed explanation in DETAILED LEVELLING WALKTHROUGH > Tips for Maps and beyond - Level 62+ should work well.
You could also add brief references to the detailed explanation in either/or:
1) SPECTRES & HOW TO SUMMON THEM > IMPORTANT NOTE
Скрытый текст
IMPORTANT NOTE: Unless you raise your spectres from natural corpses in a zone, 'Raise Spectre' and 'Desecrate' both determine your spectre level. The limit is based on whichever gem has the lower monster level cap. For example, a lvl20 'Raise Spectre' (spectre up to monster lvl 100) + lvl10 'Desecrate' (spectre up to monster lvl 50) = level 50 spectre. See LEVELING WALKTHROUGH > Level 62+ for tips on getting the highest-level spectre possible while you're still leveling gems.

2) GEM LINKS > 3L (Weapon, Shield)
Скрытый текст

How this combo works:
When you cast storm brand to apply elemental equilibrium and the two curses, the crafted mod will trigger desecrate, then flesh offering, then skeleton. This will give your minions 30% increased attack/cast speed, as well as a skeleton (free extra minion!).
You can also use Desecrate to create corpses to raise your spectres (done once unless the spectres die or need to be upgraded in level). See LEVELING WALKTHROUGH > Level 62+ for tips on getting the highest-level spectre possible while you're still leveling gems.

Maybe number your build guide sections (I, II, III, etc with subsections A, B, C, etc.) and add a menu for easier cross-referencing?
"
kayella написал:
How it works:
'Ichimonji' + 20/20 'Vigilant Strike' + 20/20 'Fortify' will give you the 40s. 'Ancestral Call' will allow you to easily hit targets in melee in order to proc Fortify. 'The Vigil' will share it with your minions.

Might need to clarify that the Fortify gem is only for the extra fortify duration. Otherwise people might ask stuff like "Vigilant Strike already grants fortify on hit, why do you have the Fortify gem too??"

Also, does Ichimonji buff effect actually snapshot to give us increased fortify effectiveness (22% reduced damage from hits instead of 20%) even after the weapon swap back?
Other temp buffs like Phase Run MS don't snapshot, unless that was changed recently.
Example

You have:
0% MS normally
49% with 20/20 Phase Run up
54% with 20/20 Phase Run AND Ichimonji
You hit Phase Run with Ichimonji equipped and MS goes to 54%, then weapon swap immediately. Your MS would return to 49% though it's the same instance of Phase Run buff.
"
consecotaleo написал:
desecrate discussion
"
kayella написал:

I like your suggestion about using Haste AND Anger+Gen for the league start. I'll add it to the levelling guide (with credit).

I think I need to add a Q&A section. Would you mind if I added your post to it?

Sure thing, go ahead!

"
kayella написал:

That's a good tip about desecrate and the +1; it would work well as an offhand weapon. I'll have to figure out the best place to fit this in. Maybe in the levelling guide.

Yeah, a detailed explanation in DETAILED LEVELLING WALKTHROUGH > Tips for Maps and beyond - Level 62+ should work well.
You could also add brief references to the detailed explanation in either/or:
1) SPECTRES & HOW TO SUMMON THEM > IMPORTANT NOTE
Скрытый текст
IMPORTANT NOTE: Unless you raise your spectres from natural corpses in a zone, 'Raise Spectre' and 'Desecrate' both determine your spectre level. The limit is based on whichever gem has the lower monster level cap. For example, a lvl20 'Raise Spectre' (spectre up to monster lvl 100) + lvl10 'Desecrate' (spectre up to monster lvl 50) = level 50 spectre. See LEVELING WALKTHROUGH > Level 62+ for tips on getting the highest-level spectre possible while you're still leveling gems.

2) GEM LINKS > 3L (Weapon, Shield)
Скрытый текст

How this combo works:
When you cast storm brand to apply elemental equilibrium and the two curses, the crafted mod will trigger desecrate, then flesh offering, then skeleton. This will give your minions 30% increased attack/cast speed, as well as a skeleton (free extra minion!).
You can also use Desecrate to create corpses to raise your spectres (done once unless the spectres die or need to be upgraded in level). See LEVELING WALKTHROUGH > Level 62+ for tips on getting the highest-level spectre possible while you're still leveling gems.

Maybe number your build guide sections (I, II, III, etc with subsections A, B, C, etc.) and add a menu for easier cross-referencing?

Because there's a lot of detail in this guild, I've actually reached the word limit, so I've been editing out unnecessary words. Trying to find a way to fit in your tip into the main guide post. Luckily, I reserve the first reply, but that's more for miscellaneous points.

"
consecotaleo написал:
fortify snap shot
"
kayella написал:
How it works:
'Ichimonji' + 20/20 'Vigilant Strike' + 20/20 'Fortify' will give you the 40s. 'Ancestral Call' will allow you to easily hit targets in melee in order to proc Fortify. 'The Vigil' will share it with your minions.

Might need to clarify that the Fortify gem is only for the extra fortify duration. Otherwise people might ask stuff like "Vigilant Strike already grants fortify on hit, why do you have the Fortify gem too??"

Also, does Ichimonji buff effect actually snapshot to give us increased fortify effectiveness (22% reduced damage from hits instead of 20%) even after the weapon swap back?
Other temp buffs like Phase Run MS don't snapshot, unless that was changed recently.
Example

You have:
0% MS normally
49% with 20/20 Phase Run up
54% with 20/20 Phase Run AND Ichimonji
You hit Phase Run with Ichimonji equipped and MS goes to 54%, then weapon swap immediately. Your MS would return to 49% though it's the same instance of Phase Run buff.

Yeah, I think you're right about the 22%/20%. It's impossible to test because Fortify doesn't add any info to the defence tab. In that case Ichimonji might not be necessary at all.
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Последняя редакция: kayella. Время: 3 марта 2019 г., 21:51:12
"
kayella написал:

Because there's a lot of detail in this guild, I've actually reached the word limit, so I've been editing out unnecessary words. Trying to find a way to fit in your tip into the main guide post. Luckily, I reserve the first reply, but that's more for miscellaneous points.

Oh, gotcha. You could put the delving section and any other specific boss/content advice in the second comment? I'd imagine only a small fraction of the people following your guide will be interested in the 600+ delve aspect of the build, and you can add a note in the main post redirecting viewers to the second comment.

You could put the FAQ section in the second comment as well -- that seems to be common practice in build guides
"
consecotaleo написал:
You could put the FAQ section in the second comment as well -- that seems to be common practice in build guides

Done. I've also fully updated the guide. If you have time have, could you look through it in cas I left something important out.

How do I keep my spectres alive at low lvl(28+)? I feel like they do no dmg and die instantly.
Hey there.

Firstly I want to thank you for this guide. It's well written and looks pretty awesome. I'm definitely going to try it out in upcoming Synthesis league as my league starter.

Are you planning to update this guide after the patch notes will be released? At this point there is only manifesto, but cooldown reduction for Convocation and hit aspect of Summon Phantasm Support seem to be promising. I'm curious if it would be worth it to keep phantasms on even during the boss fights, or if it would be still better to switch to Elemental Focus.
"
lososnitunca написал:

Ive tried OPs setup (act 1) and do agree with you it was slow and true masochism.
frost bomb + onslaught - was enough for me
and explosion trap + lesser poison for single target up to Storm Brand.
But the problem is we have almost 0 passives to improve our storm brand - if we do until act 3 lvl 28, we need alot to respec. So im not sure SB is correct way to go.

Also yay, convocation getting buff (less cd)!
This build looks to me faster mapper than SB or any other (except Deadeye max speed). Just run and spam convocation

Also why dont you use Anime guardian 4-link? Is this bad idea?
Последняя редакция: omgree. Время: 4 марта 2019 г., 20:07:39

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация