[3.5] Scold Snap™ - a low-life league starter Cold Snap Occultist

"
arthix195 написал:
Nice build buddy ope I like it, would play but i play diablo 3

I forgive you.
Is shavs mandatory? I wanna play next league with this build as starter.

But i hate the life variant?

Any idea of a budget es version?

Any items i should take early
Bayern des samma mia
Early game you play as life build or hybrid.

When I leveled an ES build, i always played it hybrid, i take unique that give good ES, rares with life and i take ES passives, not life.

You will have problems against chaos damages but there is not so much in the story. And for the acts that have monster doing chaos damage, you can take the flask that allowed chaos damages to not bypass ES.

When you have enough ES (like 5000) you can take Chaos innoculation to finish the story or go low life.
"
Is shavs mandatory? I wanna play next league with this build as starter.

Is Shavronne's Wrappings mandatory for my low life build? Um... is this a trick question? I assume you mean, "Can I play this build as CI until I get Shavs?" The answer is yes.

"
Any idea of a budget es version?
Any items i should take early

You don't need Scold's Bridle or any of the other uniques to get started - but every corner you cut is going to hurt your damage and quality of life. Elemental Equilibrium becomes significantly more annoying to apply without Scold's Bridle, but it's doable. I predict you will be casting Orb of Storms a lot to deal with this.

The most low-budget CI gear setup I can think of:

Helm: Martyr's Crown or a rare hubris circlet
Body Armor: Check the "Leveling / Low-budget Options" section in the guide. There's a part that details how to get a 6L vaal regalia early in the league. If you don't have the currency to buy The Ethereal cards...
Buy well-rolled ES body armor + Buy The Jeweller's Touch prophecy = ~45c for a 5s/5L starter CI chest

Gloves: rare sorcerer gloves

Boots: Sin Trek

Weapon: Cerberus Limb or a rare sceptre/wand

Shield: If not using Cerberus Limb, rare titanium spirit shield.
If using Cerberus Limb, rare archon kite shield or rare titanium spirit shield or any shield with over 1500 base armor. Extreme budget-minded unique shields that might work are Lioneye's Remorse or Ahn's Heritage.

Belt: Bated Breath

Rings/Amulet: rare jewelry

unique item priority for upgrading out of the above items: Scold's Bridle > Doedre's Malevolence > Witchfire Brew > Cerberus Limb

Decent advice for preparing to switch to CI/low-life:
"
Bouldure написал:
Early game you play as life build or hybrid.

When I leveled an ES build, i always played it hybrid, i take unique that give good ES, rares with life and i take ES passives, not life.

You will have problems against chaos damages but there is not so much in the story. And for the acts that have monster doing chaos damage, you can take the flask that allowed chaos damages to not bypass ES.

When you have enough ES (like 5000) you can take Chaos innoculation to finish the story or go low life.

It's worth noting that many players die in progression when they attempt this. Your life flasks will not be very helpful as a hybrid build, and ES recharge is pretty unimpressive in early game because it takes so long to start recharging.
Последняя редакция: cha_siu_bao. Время: 2 нояб. 2018 г., 11:17:37
which pantheons you take sir?

i like your build! its insane... but i dont have nearly your DMG ...

i know my gems are not level 20 atm.. but even when i import me into POB and i sumulate them 20 iam at 300k dps dot dmg only...
no idea why

heres my current pastebin : https://pastebin.com/HFWsKG20

try it yourself.. what did i wrong? and my gear isnt that bad.. so as league starter i think SIngle target dps is insane low?

perhaps someone can help me out.

(try yourself to get my gems on level 20... still dmg way way lower)

and an empower level 4 is out of reach^^
Bayern des samma mia
Последняя редакция: Bayerius. Время: 3 нояб. 2018 г., 7:54:31
"
which pantheons you take sir?

Soul of Arakaali (needs minor bonuses too): Reduced DoT damage taken, 50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently, 25% Chaos Resistance against Damage Over Time
Soul of Shakari (needs minor bonus too): immune to poison, 5% reduced chaos damage taken

"
i like your build! its insane... but i dont have nearly your DMG ...
i know my gems are not level 20 atm.. but even when i import me into POB and i sumulate them 20 iam at 300k dps dot dmg only...
no idea why

First of all, make sure that PoB is actually calculating things right.
PoB assumes that your main skill is the only thing you're using to hit monsters. That means a loss of damage as soon as you spec Elemental Equilibrium. You need to tell PoB, "I want you to calculate the DPS of my main skill, but the last skill I hit monsters with was not my main skill."

How to make Elemental Equilibrium work properly:
Configuration --> For Effective DPS --> check these boxes:
"Ignore Skill Hit Damage?"
"Enemy was Hit by Light. Damage?"

The main reason your PoB DPS is so much lower:
-Shavronne's Wrappings corrupted with +2 to Duration Gems - this applies to both Cold Snap and Efficacy. The implicit you really want for maximum DPS is +1 to socketed gems, but the fact remains that your Cold Snap is missing an extra +2 levels from this body armor.
-Level 4 Empower
-Level 21 Cold Snap

These three factors alone give me an effective level 26 Cold Snap. That's a lot of extra base damage that you haven't accounted for. A more minor influence (but still noteworthy) is the Shavs giving me a level 22, q23 Efficacy support.

Other reasons your build has lower PoB DPS, in order of influence:
-You have less jewel sockets than me
-You might have forgotten to 20/20 your curses and Curse on Hit
-I use a sulphur flask, not a granite flask (40% inc damage)
-My shield has about 30% higher increased damage than yours.

After addressing all of these issues in PoB, I see 677k DoT DPS.
Lowering the Empower from level 4 to level 3 results in 598k DPS.

pastebin link to edited PoB

TLDR: Level 4 Empower is expensive for a very good reason. Increasing the level of a spell is often more influential than any amount of scaling.
Wow so much work for helping me

Ty a lot sir

Ill check pastebin soon

Ty ty ty
Bayern des samma mia
"
and my gear isnt that bad.. so as league starter i think SIngle target dps is insane low?

Cold Snap works very well as a league starter because it requires very little investment to be viable, but it is not the most efficient choice.
It will not help you push the ladder (map clears are not extremely fast).
It will not help you be an optimal boss killer (boss kills are not extremely fast).
If you are interested in doing something as quickly/efficiently as possible, Cold Snap is not the right choice.

This build was my first of the league in Delve. With zero currency to invest and self-found gear, life + MoM Cold Snap was very strong in progression and early/mid maps. CI Cold Snap with a lvl 3 Empower felt perfectly fine in red maps, including single target scenarios.

Noteworthy points about Cold Snap single target DPS:
1. DoT damage and hit damage are not directly comparable. 300k DoT DPS is not the same as 300k hit DPS. When an Arc/BV/Bladeflurry/whatever build has to move to avoid damage, their DPS drops to zero instantly. With Cold Snap, if the monster is still standing in the area of effect they are still taking damage.
2. When you're a tri-curse build and one of your DPS curses comes from a flask, that flask is often unavailable during boss fights. Maybe it's because the monster is preventing you from standing in Blasphemy range. Maybe it's because the fight has lasted so long that your flask is now empty. Regardless, there is a world of difference between an on-hit curse and a flask-derived Blasphemy curse when it comes to keeping monsters cursed with Elemental Weakness and Despair.

Gloves: much less damage, much more curse uptime (lvl 10-12 Despair)
Flask: much more damage, much less curse uptime (lvl 21 Despair)
Последняя редакция: cha_siu_bao. Время: 4 нояб. 2018 г., 16:33:13
massive guide overhaul complete! Rearranged some things, rephrased some other things. I hope the new formatting helps it be more informative for advanced players and skeptics in general. Intermediate players and potatoes, the section for you also got an update.

Hopefully this is the final draft, because at this point I'm fearful that I may be addicted to editing this build...
"
cha_siu_bao написал:
massive guide overhaul complete! Rearranged some things, rephrased some other things. I hope the new formatting helps it be more informative for advanced players and skeptics in general. Intermediate players and potatoes, the section for you also got an update.

Hopefully this is the final draft, because at this point I'm fearful that I may be addicted to editing this build...

ty a lot
Bayern des samma mia

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация