[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

Made a few changes to the passive tree, removed minion nodes and so on, and went back to "generic" spell damage. The difference is so minor (as in, non-existent) while the increase in survivability is very noticeable.

Ran double curse for a long time, but couldn't justify the points spend anymore. It's just not needed for mapping, and hardly affects the bosses where surviving matters.

My profile is public for whoever is interested.
Uber Atziri/Uber Elder and so on all done deathless.
14k ES

Последняя редакция: falagar112. Время: 22 февр. 2019 г., 6:31:43
Hi
I am testing a similar buyild and need advice.
I am at level 58, playing in HC SSF BEtrayal.
HC -> playing safe, so I am still mid Act VII
I have been playing ES based since level one.
I hit parity at level 24 (1000 Life & ES) with Discipline.

Current stat highlights:
3500 ES
1300 Life
Max ele res
-8 chaos res

I almost died 3 times in this act due to the same thing: chaos dmg.
Should I:
- go CI now (3500+ ES, 250 ES regen/second)
- re-enchant/regear/respec to add chaos res and stay hybrid
- re-enchant/regear to add more life

PS: Nevermind. I gave up 5% dmg (fingers of frost half circle) and got CI.
Hope it lasts.
Breach build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1772123
Последняя редакция: nmc09331. Время: 22 февр. 2019 г., 13:44:10
"
zaniix написал:
Sorry I am a noob, but could one of yu explain EE a bit.

I think I get it, but if I have something like "ADD # TO # cold damage to spells, does that mean when Storm brand casts that it will also hit with cold damage and increase the cold damage resist makeing my damage less with Vortex?

I need to avoid all forms of + to cold or fire on my gear right?

thanks
Adds # to # cold damage to spells is a disaster, you would need another weapon. (or a lucky annul) %increased cold damage is good, added is bad. As discussed, add # to # cold damage on weapon is for attacks only. # to # cold damage anywhere is probably also a disaster, to be avoided.

The reason is we want say, storm brand to hit rapidly with lightning damage. Every hit the target gets +25% lightning resist, and -50% cold and fire resist. This is a massive more multiplier on anything that isn't one-shot. If you add # cold damage you instead get from storm brand, +25% lightning resist, +25% cold resist, and -50% fire resist. So you just went from a 7L to a 4L, or worse.

Fire damage doesn't really matter much at all. We don't scale it, and if storm brand does any fire damage you get +25% lightning resist, +25% fire resist, -50% cold resist which is still fine. Avoid all three, as it is +25% resist to all three elements if you do.

Note that the entire point is cold dot ticks do not apply EE, only hits. The initial vortex hit is bad, but it is just once. Storm brand hits very fast, so most ticks will be at -50%.
"
Hologram_o написал:
"
Bizzlock написал:
Скрытый текст
How do i use all curses at once?
I use:
- discipline
- Enlighten
- Blasphemy
- Enfeeble

I have Aspect of the spider on a ring but I dont have any mana left after I turn it on...

Would appreciate some advice :)

Hi there, I've been using OP's build for only 4 days, and I got to beat Red Elder, Shaper guardians and even Shaper deathless now, right in the first encounter (Chimera and Red Elder took me to the 2nd run for deathless) and this build has been running over Syndicate like they're nothing. I have actually never lost to Syndicate ever since level 1. I do have some problems with mana sustain early on. What I did is, I removed Blasphemy immediately, as I also run Aspect of Spider (it is a sick skill), enfeeble and discipline. So the new 4 links that I put are:

Discipline (Vaal) - Clarity (lv 4 to reduce mana reserved and still gives some flat mana regen) - cast when damage taken (lv 2) - enfeeble (lv 6)

The rest of my setup is the same as OP's recommendation. Cwdt is lv 2 to make use of enfeeble casting while avoiding overlap with Immortal Call setup with cwdt lv 1. Since this build runs into mobs all the time to deal dmg, you'll basically cast Enfeeble all the time anyway, so it's pretty much the same as Blasphemy-Enfeeble setup, but it even helps you regen your mana here. Right now I ditched Enlighten (lv 3) together with Blasphemy, and got some mana regen nodes in tree (Shaper - gives 40% mana regen rate) and some mana regen on gear, such as shield, crafted ring, and jewel (look for jewels with mana regen rate while moving and also some flat ES if you can, those are pretty cheap). Right now I have 304 mana unreserved and total of ~900 mana, and I never run out of mana again with this setup (in fact, my mana almost regens instantly, with roughly 72 mana regen per sec when I move).

In fact, for those who struggle with keeping mana up, I do make this suggestion for OP as well, if you can afford Discipline + Enfeeble + Aspect of the Spider all at the same time.

Or you just pick up some reduced mana reserved nodes. Across from Zealot's Oath is the Sovereignity cluster and on the other side of Chaos Inoculation is another small node. This should solve most mana reservation problems.
Последняя редакция: Monti_Jones. Время: 23 февр. 2019 г., 4:28:05
I've respec'd from Necro to try this build and I gotta say I am so thankful I did!

I spent around 5 EX on armor
Скрытый текст

Crafted the rest of the items
Скрытый текст

But I am not that keen on swapping out the helmet for a Hubris Circlet with a lot of ES because I think I am going to need to reset everything all over again.
Скрытый текст

I have about 70-something Mana spare so I can cast a Vortex - just gotta wait for it to regen to cast again.

Thus being said, I can do any content up to now, and I just managed to lure Elder in the middle of the Atlas for the first time since I started playing.

Looking forward to trying it out! :D

Played vortex in betrayal hc up to 98.5 without breachstones but realized I wouldn't have the time to reach 100 before the league ends so I eventually caved as well. Some rots later and here I am with 100 done.

I went for a more tanky setup sacrificing some damage and adding in 2xEnergy from within, I lost surprisingly little dps by doing this variant. If you want insane vortex dmg I'd suggest looking into the cowards legacy setups or even ll setups (see this thread for example).

I use two unsets since I wanted to squeeze in ancestral call for my vigilant strike. Something I'm really going to miss next league is Solstice vigil since I most likely wont be using it. It's so nice to have 50% longer duration on your flasks, vcs and buffs in general. Fortify last nearly a minute with presence up.

I selfcrafted everything except for the jewels and the weapon. Spent 10k alts and didn't see T1 cold multi even once.

quick stats:
defenses: 17.7k es, enfeeble, tempchains, spider, 35s fortify.
shaper dps: 665k vortex, 136k coldsnap, 170k vcs

pob code: https://pastebin.com/sthLUVEN

charsheet

dps settings, %es from body armor is bugged in pob still :(

gear:

Последняя редакция: Lysithea. Время: 23 февр. 2019 г., 17:10:16
from pm, I'll answer here.

"
The One Ring
To: Lysithea
Hey. I saw your Vortex build and was quite impressed with the amount of ES you managed to squeeze out. Also interesting idea with The Vigil+Vigilant strike in cwdt (though I don't fully understand how Ancestral call helps there?).

The main thing that I am wring about though, is that ring of yours: Phoenix Gyre. How did you manage to get both Aspect of the Spider and Increased Energy Shield from Body Armor on that thing? The Aspect is something you'd normally get from a syndicate chest, and the Inc ES from BA would be a delve fossil mod. How did you get that insane ring? :)

CWDT only proccs spells, it's actually two 2links in my gloves in practice. CWDT is only for my IC.

Ancestral call is used so I don't have to namelock target mobs + I get some range, when AC hits I still get the fortify buff. NO AC also means you really cant use "always attack in place". Basically I got annoyed very fast by how clunky vigistrike felt as a caster, ac makes it smooth and reliable. I also had the issue of my namelocked mob getting killed before I got my hits off, AC solved that too. This vid should show the difference pretty well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUpG2OToL2E

The ring was fossil crafted until open prefix and open suffix. Beastcrafted Aspect of spider on top (adds a mod, doesn't block normal crafting mods) and then normal crafted faster start of recharge rate.

I fully expect "%increased Energy Shield from Body Armour" getting nerfed next league, I get 760es from one roll of that mod alone, and we can slot in 3 (4 if you do rare neck).

edit: what sloppy mapping looks like in the morning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTB34q7MXoE

Последняя редакция: Lysithea. Время: 24 февр. 2019 г., 5:51:05
Thanks. But that leaves another question: How does your Fortify last 30+ secs? 12 secs from jewel and +50% tree. And then?
"
sikker написал:
Thanks. But that leaves another question: How does your Fortify last 30+ secs? 12 secs from jewel and +50% tree. And then?

Vigilant strike will grant fortify for 12s with the jewel.
Vigilant strike also increases the fortify duration by up to 170%
Use with increased duration to get to 200% or more -> ~35-36s of fortify.
With the solstice vigil buff it can become more.
One's demise is always one's own making.
"
Covenant написал:
"
zaniix написал:
Sorry I am a noob, but could one of yu explain EE a bit.

I think I get it, but if I have something like "ADD # TO # cold damage to spells, does that mean when Storm brand casts that it will also hit with cold damage and increase the cold damage resist makeing my damage less with Vortex?

I need to avoid all forms of + to cold or fire on my gear right?

thanks
Adds # to # cold damage to spells is a disaster, you would need another weapon. (or a lucky annul) %increased cold damage is good, added is bad. As discussed, add # to # cold damage on weapon is for attacks only. # to # cold damage anywhere is probably also a disaster, to be avoided.

The reason is we want say, storm brand to hit rapidly with lightning damage. Every hit the target gets +25% lightning resist, and -50% cold and fire resist. This is a massive more multiplier on anything that isn't one-shot. If you add # cold damage you instead get from storm brand, +25% lightning resist, +25% cold resist, and -50% fire resist. So you just went from a 7L to a 4L, or worse.

Fire damage doesn't really matter much at all. We don't scale it, and if storm brand does any fire damage you get +25% lightning resist, +25% fire resist, -50% cold resist which is still fine. Avoid all three, as it is +25% resist to all three elements if you do.

Note that the entire point is cold dot ticks do not apply EE, only hits. The initial vortex hit is bad, but it is just once. Storm brand hits very fast, so most ticks will be at -50%.

I started this build from level 1 using the leveling trees that the OP had. You pick up a jewel slot just north of the Witch starting position pretty early on. The only jewel that I had available at the time was a jewel that adds cold damage to spells. I used that until I was 86th level. I totally forgot that I had that in the tree. So I was not getting EE by using that jewel, but I made it to 86 quite easily. I only died during a Delve run that I overextended myself and died from the darkness by running out of flares. Kudos to the OP for a really great build. Even by handicapping myself with that jewel, I made it to 86th level.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация