[3.10] Winter Orb League Starter Build

Nice! Im doing this build as first build for metamorph.
Trying this build right now, but I think i'll be going with the golem route (Liege of the Primordial + Elemancer + Anima Stone + Golem Commander node). I'll probably drop Mastermind of Discord and just run 2 heralds, and maybe get elemental penetration elsewhere in the tree (maybe try some Wise Oak shenanigans).
Anyone have any suggestions on helping the build handle the enemy buffs? I'm still getting wrecked against some of the harder bosses and certainly the metamorphs. I'm still low and in white maps, but at 4600 life I figured I'd be ok. Is there a life leech adjustment or something people are using for a little more survive ability? I use the mechanic wisely and run around in circles and all that, my res are all capped (maybe need a little more for curses and such), and I haven't really focused on the defensive too much yet (obviously it is time now), just want ideas about direction before I waste currency and time. I'm really enjoying the build, and made a few personalized adjustments based on gear I had, just not sure if I'm good enough player to make this build end game viable for me. Thanks for any feedback!
"
aces2323 написал:
Anyone have any suggestions on helping the build handle the enemy buffs? I'm still getting wrecked against some of the harder bosses and certainly the metamorphs. I'm still low and in white maps, but at 4600 life I figured I'd be ok. Is there a life leech adjustment or something people are using for a little more survive ability? I use the mechanic wisely and run around in circles and all that, my res are all capped (maybe need a little more for curses and such), and I haven't really focused on the defensive too much yet (obviously it is time now), just want ideas about direction before I waste currency and time. I'm really enjoying the build, and made a few personalized adjustments based on gear I had, just not sure if I'm good enough player to make this build end game viable for me. Thanks for any feedback!

There is a few things:
o Paragon of Calamity Ascendency should be one of the first three that you take so you have it at least for maps

o Have one bleed remove and one freeze remove flask

o Have once curse remove flask (I prefer it on the Diamond flask)

o Using Cold Snap a lot helps you freeze enemies

o Shakiri Pantheon for Poison reductions

Now that leaves us with getting shocked and burned and stunned

Burn shouldn't be too much of an issue with 75% res and the life flasks and the leech. At least I don't notice it at all
Shock should mainly be prevented by 75% lightning resist and your CWDT Immortal call
Stunned is usually prevented by kiting. It happens sometimes that I get a stunchain for the duration of 1 second but most of the time I know what to dodge.

I Flamedash a lot through the bosses so they get burned and to avoid their attacks. Whenever they start an animation I flamedash
When they spawn Minions I use one of the Vaal Cooldowns and if not available I at least use Flasks + Cold Snap

There are some Metamorph attacks that are just horrible to dodge. Since it is new content we all have to get used to the mechanics and animations.
I am currently sitting at 4.8k life and I do maps between T9 and T11. Without mods they are pretty easy - with bad mods they are still doable but a challenge.
"
JeansJoe написал:
"
aces2323 написал:

There is a few things:
o Paragon of Calamity Ascendency should be one of the first three that you take so you have it at least for maps

o Have one bleed remove and one freeze remove flask

o Have once curse remove flask (I prefer it on the Diamond flask)

o Using Cold Snap a lot helps you freeze enemies

o Shakiri Pantheon for Poison reductions

Now that leaves us with getting shocked and burned and stunned

Burn shouldn't be too much of an issue with 75% res and the life flasks and the leech. At least I don't notice it at all
Shock should mainly be prevented by 75% lightning resist and your CWDT Immortal call
Stunned is usually prevented by kiting. It happens sometimes that I get a stunchain for the duration of 1 second but most of the time I know what to dodge.

I Flamedash a lot through the bosses so they get burned and to avoid their attacks. Whenever they start an animation I flamedash
When they spawn Minions I use one of the Vaal Cooldowns and if not available I at least use Flasks + Cold Snap

There are some Metamorph attacks that are just horrible to dodge. Since it is new content we all have to get used to the mechanics and animations.
I am currently sitting at 4.8k life and I do maps between T9 and T11. Without mods they are pretty easy - with bad mods they are still doable but a challenge.

ok. Thanks for the input. I will take a look at some of that stuff and make sure I'm where I need to be. Appreciate it.
Can you upgrade your gear while you progress during the league. Dont know if you do that but its nice if you could.
"
Hyde84 написал:
Can you upgrade your gear while you progress during the league. Dont know if you do that but its nice if you could.

yeah I do it from time to time. Otherwise my profile is public
I'm thinking about trying this build, but i'm pretty much a casual player and don't play as efficiently as most experiemented people do so, has anyone tested how the build perform against harder content later into the game (like metamorphs, boss fights, etc)?
what is the updated version on this build? Do you have any videos?
Just updated the whole guide because I changed quite a bit in my build!

I no longer use multiple heralds, I use Lower Multiple Projectiles now - which was previously a horrible way to play.

I switched one Ascendancy - still experimenting on this.

I run triple Golem now and use Intuitive Leap on my tree
https://imgur.com/r4qJuzY
which gives me:
one additional golem + damage
Spell damage + Mana
Block Spell damage + Mana regen
A smoother way to the AoE node freeing up 2 points
- a possible 4th Power charge

Overall I realized that Winter Orb is probably not going to be an easy bosskiller as it once was. I can currently kill the Watcher guardians on t14-t16 reliably. and that is probably where the limit for this build should be at the moment.
It is a really good mapclearer and I will definitely keep it as this. Still a really good league starter too! just not a league ender.

I love Winter Orb and maybe I can figure out how to buff defenses by 30% and damage by another 30-50%. But unless I figure that out a Sirius kill or even Elder kill will not be practical.

I will keep the guide updated!
Thank you for your feedback <3

"
noobie12345 написал:
what is the updated version on this build? Do you have any videos?

Yes the video is linked - although a little outdated now. I might record new ones. Got to be in the mood :)

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация