Flicker - DEAD, Blade Flurry - clunky, Multistrike - useless.

Just want to point out some facts of so called "melee patch"

1. Flicker strike is removed from the game. 2x times less attack speed on multi = 2x times less clear speed and 2x times less survivability and about 1000x times less fun. Why would you have to do that? Completely destroyed funniest melee skill in the game?

2. Blade Flurry now for some reason locks on target and you cant spin around while channeling (you can only if you not locked on target...). It never had good clear speed to begin with, now its so clunky to play with, I dont even want to play it with my BF character, thats how bad its became...

3. Multistrike nerf removed flicker from the game completely and ruined other skills that depend on attack speed. I am calling it a nerf purely because it kills main skill for this support gem. Skills like molten strike suffered hard too. There is no way to reach playable attack speed for some builds now, and multistrike cant even support half of the melee skills and still dont work with ruthless blow, so whats the purpose of this support gem at this moment of time?

Последняя редакция: SmilingKnight. Время: 15 июня 2019 г., 5:27:44
Last bumped16 июня 2019 г., 3:43:10
Эта тема была автоматически архивирована. Ответы невозможны.
"
鬼殺し написал:
Strange. I must have missed the patch note that said they removed all melee skills and supports other than Blade Flurry, Flicker Strike and Multistrike. And here I thought everyone was just playing Cyclone this time. That's a melee skill, isn't it?

Multistrike has outlived its purpose as a simulated animation cancel. Now we have the real thing, and it's far superior for melee once you get the hang of it. I'm sure there's still some use for Multistrike but it's no longer a mandatory gem for most melee, just as Splash isn't.

Blade Flurry's status as a legitimate 'melee' skill was always little more than tenuous. Play Divine Ire. It's a far better channeling spell than Blade Flurry. Looks way cooler too.

Flicker Strike has always been a problem for GGG to balance, and I'm glad they made Chain Hook as a more logical competitor for that style of play. The added chance to gain a frenzy charge on Flicker Strike also gives it earlier viability. That and your contention with it still seems to reach back to your obstinate clinging to multistrike.

I hope you can adapt to the new melee paradigms of 3.7 because they're not going anywhere. Good luck! :)

So basically your arguments are that Multistrike is at the end of its life, Flicker is a problem child, and there are better skills than Blade Flurry, so don't bother? No wonder GGG's balance is that shit. Gj.
Последняя редакция: Bananaplasm. Время: 14 июня 2019 г., 11:15:34
Balance? Why Balance? We give you the new cyclone.. dont you guys play cyclone?
"
SmilingKnight написал:

1. Flicker strike is removed from the game. 2x times less attack speed on multi = 2x times less clear speed and 2x times less survivability and about 1000x times less fun. Why would you have to do that? Completely destroyed funniest melee skill in the game?

2. Blade Flurry now for some reason locks on target and you cant spin around while channeling (you can only if you not locked on target...). It never had good clear speed to begin with, now its so clunky to play with, I dont even want to play it with my BF character, thats how bad its became...

3. Multistrike nerf removed flicker from the game completely and ruined a little skills like cleave etc. I am not very good at math but... 70% dmg + 105% dmg + 140% dmg = 315%, right? And before 3.7 we had 70% + 70% + 70% = 210% but 2x times more attack speed, so it was 420% basically in terms of dps (compared to now)? What the hell, ridiculous not called for nerf, no?

On Multistrike : It's got a x1.44 attack speed multiplier compared to a x1.94 before. That's a 34.7% attack speed multiplier reduction. Definitely not x2 less speed.

Before, it was a x0.7x1.94 = 35,8% more DPS multiplier.
Now, it is a x0.7x1.44x(1+1.5+1.99)/3 = 50.8% more DPS multiplier if the 3 hits connect.
A huge increase all in all.
Even more so for Bleed/Ignite builds.

Blade Flurry is mostly a single target skill, and is meant to be aused as such.
Reave is the clearing one for daggers/claws and you've got plenty of options for swords.

As for Flicker ... check ahead. A non issue, and it got hugely buffed overall.

Whiny, whiny, for the sake of being whiny. If i may.
"
SmilingKnight написал:

3. Multistrike nerf removed flicker from the game completely and ruined a little skills like cleave etc. I am not very good at math but... 70% dmg + 105% dmg + 140% dmg = 315%, right? And before 3.7 we had 70% + 70% + 70% = 210% but 2x times more attack speed, so it was 420% basically in terms of dps (compared to now)? What the hell, ridiculous not called for nerf, no?

You are wrong.

A guy in my guild league-started with flicker strike trickster, and he has had zero issues whatsoever with speed or damage.

Your build is the problem, not these skills or supports.
I am 100% not wrong about flicker

It does not have same attack speed as before, therefore it has less survivability, less clear speed and 1000x times less fun. I logged into my flicker character and I almost threw up after first 5 secs of flicking...

Here how it used to be - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR_0WlgI9Uo
My flicker video before 3.7

Now its just unplayable, SOOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOOOW, its literally dead, I dont care if somebody can make it viable, its not about that, flicker never was good skill to clear all content, but it was best skill in whole poe, when it comes to fun, and GGG after so much years finally killed it:( Thats so sad, IT HAS TO JUMP LIKE CRAZY, LIKE INSANE, otherwise its D-E-A-D.

P.S. I dont get it, how come you defend bladeflurry shit with targeting? It wasnt in patchnotes, so its kind of bugged, if nobody brings this up they will never fix it...
Последняя редакция: SmilingKnight. Время: 14 июня 2019 г., 19:19:06
Dont you have cyclone, exile?
You forgot Molten Strike. Butchered too. Dead. Not only as part of the end of Multistrike, but as skill itself. You have now to wait for an enemy to be "nearby" to spawn the balls. It's basically another default attack with some balls attached to it. All my standard chars i used to clear content with are dead now. And playing Legion with any other skill than Cyclon is basically insanity. I see it more as part of the console integrity. But instead to give us some console feeling too, like automatic gem leveling and gamepad support they give us only shit like making PoE Diablo3 lookalike.
Последняя редакция: DumbHelipilot. Время: 15 июня 2019 г., 0:32:40
People are arguing with the OP but I have to agree that playing anything other than cyclone feels pretty uncomfortable.

Bloodstorm is ok I guess, but only because it acts like the melee version of vortex.
Yes, like I said, I am bad at math, but read my last post, I am not wrong with flicker, change of multi made flicker literally unplayable. And some people rly enjoyed high attack speed on other builds too. Cmon, its been like that for ages. Now there is no way to make nice attack speed, this takes away a lot of fun and kills at least one skill in game based ONLY on attack speed.

And btw, multistrike still useless :), it cannot even support half of the skills and afaik it still doesnt work with ruthless (meaning third hit of multi should be ruthless blow)

Последняя редакция: SmilingKnight. Время: 15 июня 2019 г., 5:22:10

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация