[3.9] Herald of Agony (Melee!) Necro--Get in Monsters' Faces Safely (5M Shaper DPS/8.4kLife+Fortify)

Hi, I'm really enjoying this build, I'm pretty new to PoE so this would probably be a dumb question, I don't have enough mana to cast raise zombies, if I understand correctly, I should remove CWDT, cast desecrate, cast raise zombies and then use my 2 buffs (HoA,Hatred) right?
Would swapping (and losing) the +1 Max en charge ring for a good Circle of Nostalgia with 100% Agony dmg and chaos res help us? What do you guys think
"
Nekuuuuuu написал:
Hi, I'm really enjoying this build, I'm pretty new to PoE so this would probably be a dumb question, I don't have enough mana to cast raise zombies, if I understand correctly, I should remove CWDT, cast desecrate, cast raise zombies and then use my 2 buffs (HoA,Hatred) right?

Yes.

It's not unusual for builds that have only a small pool of unreserved mana to have to release the reserved mana held by auras in order to cast buffs/minions/etc.

Skillgem skills (ie: "Spells" and such) in a CWDT chain can not be cast independently if they are eligible to be triggered by the Cast When Damage Taken skillgem. Skillgems that are physically in the linked CWDT but aren't able to be triggered by CWDT can still be cast, however. (eg: You have a singleton skillgem that can't be triggered by CWDT and have nowhere else to put it but in the 4-link with the CWDT chain = No problem.)

Note: As the Cast When Damage Taken skillgem rises in experience levels, it can trigger higher level skillgems in turn. It's very easy to forget the increased character Stat scores required to use gems in that chain, since you don't really think about them. It is not unusual for a CWDT setup to have one or more of the gems "locked" in the chain so they don't automatically level up. That's in order to prevent gems from reaching levels that the locked CWDT gem can't trigger or to avoid an unnecessary focus on the build's base Stats for a skillgem that really doesn't need to be a higher level. eg: A heavy Strength base class with very few Int spots on the Skill Tree may not need a "blue" (INT based) gem higher than 3 or so because trying to gear for it to get the Stats necessary to use it at a higher level is too difficult.

Because this build uses three "Green" DEX based skillgems in its primary skillgem/ability mechanic that need to be capped, and we don't have too much difficulty in doing so, there's nothing in the CWDT we need to avoid leveling since we need to support the Dex scores for those other gems. We also have a ton of STR Passives as we crawl through our tree and that takes care of any needs, there. Few somewhat complicated, in terms of ability/gameplay, builds have such luxuries when using gems outside their build's main Stats/focus. We only have to stack a little bit of Dex here and there and can even easily grab a Dex node on the tree for an extra 30 if necessary.

PS - Just wanted to make sure the concept was covered if/when you try out other builds. :) Plus, I just finished my first cup of coffee for the day... Best wishes for a Happy New Year, all!
Последняя редакция: Morkonan. Время: 31 дек. 2019 г., 11:12:23
"
Roksta87 написал:
Would swapping (and losing) the +1 Max en charge ring for a good Circle of Nostalgia with 100% Agony dmg and chaos res help us? What do you guys think

It's up to you, dude. My experience was that we had enough damage already, and more survivability is always better. That's how I managed to hit 100 last league--by dying almost never even while farming t16 content.

But if you really want to kill conquerors that much faster, sure, damage is fine.
delete
Последняя редакция: Roksta87. Время: 31 дек. 2019 г., 14:52:26
"
Morkonan написал:
"
Nekuuuuuu написал:

Yes.

It's not unusual for builds that have only a small pool of unreserved mana to have to release the reserved mana held by auras in order to cast buffs/minions/etc.

Skillgem skills (ie: "Spells" and such) in a CWDT chain can not be cast independently if they are eligible to be triggered by the Cast When Damage Taken skillgem. Skillgems that are physically in the linked CWDT but aren't able to be triggered by CWDT can still be cast, however. (eg: You have a singleton skillgem that can't be triggered by CWDT and have nowhere else to put it but in the 4-link with the CWDT chain = No problem.)

Note: As the Cast When Damage Taken skillgem rises in experience levels, it can trigger higher level skillgems in turn. It's very easy to forget the increased character Stat scores required to use gems in that chain, since you don't really think about them. It is not unusual for a CWDT setup to have one or more of the gems "locked" in the chain so they don't automatically level up. That's in order to prevent gems from reaching levels that the locked CWDT gem can't trigger or to avoid an unnecessary focus on the build's base Stats for a skillgem that really doesn't need to be a higher level. eg: A heavy Strength base class with very few Int spots on the Skill Tree may not need a "blue" (INT based) gem higher than 3 or so because trying to gear for it to get the Stats necessary to use it at a higher level is too difficult.

Because this build uses three "Green" DEX based skillgems in its primary skillgem/ability mechanic that need to be capped, and we don't have too much difficulty in doing so, there's nothing in the CWDT we need to avoid leveling since we need to support the Dex scores for those other gems. We also have a ton of STR Passives as we crawl through our tree and that takes care of any needs, there. Few somewhat complicated, in terms of ability/gameplay, builds have such luxuries when using gems outside their build's main Stats/focus. We only have to stack a little bit of Dex here and there and can even easily grab a Dex node on the tree for an extra 30 if necessary.

PS - Just wanted to make sure the concept was covered if/when you try out other builds. :) Plus, I just finished my first cup of coffee for the day... Best wishes for a Happy New Year, all!

Thank you for the detailed run down, happy new year!
Anyone can give me some tips on how to improve this build further? Here's my PoB atm : https://pastebin.com/B2VJzdvy, I can buy the agony crawler enchant on a devoto's but I feel like my clear speed is totally fine so I think I'll be aiming for the awakened gems but anything else? Maybe I missed some things that I should have, let me know thank you :)
"
Nekuuuuuu написал:
Anyone can give me some tips on how to improve this build further? Here's my PoB atm : https://pastebin.com/B2VJzdvy, I can buy the agony crawler enchant on a devoto's but I feel like my clear speed is totally fine so I think I'll be aiming for the awakened gems but anything else? Maybe I missed some things that I should have, let me know thank you :)

For gems you aren't immediately awakening, you shouldn't forget to 20q them with the recipe when they hit level 20. Leveling them up again really doesn't take long.

Other than that, no, your build looks good. The enchant and awakened gems are all.
I tried doing Shaper a while back and my zombies died super quick making the fight tougher (the increased shaper hp didn't help my cause). Granted I was trying him on a 5l and without qualified gems. My questions are essentially these 2 -

1) Would increase in quality of my gems improve my dmg significantly? (I already have a lvl 31 HoAg)

2) How can I increase my Zombies tankiness? Especially in the endgame bossing fights with multiple aoe skills. Would getting minion resistance help quite a bit?

My character is timetojumponbandwagon. It's a level 89 Necro in STD.

Thank you for the build btw, made it in Blight start and it's one of my favourite builds.
Hi, just wondering how much success people are having with this build with Awakener? I can't seem to beat him at all. I have 6.6k HP with 500 ES and I'm actually running spirit offering with CWC on the cyclone. I just keep popping on that awakener fight though even at awakener level one.... Is there anything else I can do to be more survivable on that fight?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация