[3.9] Herald of Agony (Melee!) Necro--Get in Monsters' Faces Safely (5M Shaper DPS/8.4kLife+Fortify)

"
Aevaris написал:
Reporting back in again. I went and got a 6L chest which was a nice damage buff, but this build works beautifully on a 5L (was doing t15 maps no prob on a 5L).

This is my highest level character I've ever had. I've been playing (off and on) since beta. Wonderful build and guide.

My only changes right now are that I dropped portal for convocation and frost blink for flame dash. Portal is a nice QoL, but convocation is pivotal when you need it (e.g. flame dash onto a new platform, moved around a corner, proximity shield).

Curious on how important is the attack speed on daggers? Is it just for a quicker virulence stack? They seem really expensive for what seems like a small improvement.

Aww, thanks, so happy it's been helpful!! The thing about frostblink vs flamedash is that we aren't stun immune while not cycloning so the instant speed of frostblink is relevant for escaping combat. If you want an actual travel skill, I think I'd take whirling blades but flame dash isn't a bad choice.

As for attack speed, no, I posted this build guide well before getting the corruptions, they arent mandatory at all. But it is a more multiplier when it's local to the weapon, so it's a bigger increase than you may think. But it only matters at all for pure single target damage! In packs you will easily maintain 40 virulence.
"
Westwood1121 написал:
Man, I like that idea with the Maw of Conquest. How do you guys find these things? haha

Just be forewarned, to get 3G on it is a trick. need the craft for it at 120 chroms.

You can also use the jeweler method for probably less currency.
Последняя редакция: Aevaris. Время: 29 сент. 2019 г., 13:42:21
Current gear only level 73 at the moment:

"
Westwood1121 написал:
Man, I like that idea with the Maw of Conquest. How do you guys find these things? haha

Just be forewarned, to get 3G on it is a trick. need the craft for it at 120 chroms.

Needing to do this could also depend on your boots (assuming you're using Tombfist gloves). For example, if you have Dex or Hybrid Dex boots it should be easier/cheaper to throw your 3 greens on them (obviously true if they have Fortify support mod).

You would then use the helm for your blue / off-color requirement links and save some chromes.

If they aren't Dex or Hybrid Dex, then, yeah, like Aevaris said, jeweler method would probably be cheaper.

Последняя редакция: Troublesome08. Время: 30 сент. 2019 г., 0:41:07
u should make a clip about clear speed and dmg boss at t16. ppl always want clear speed and good dmg boss
Hie again guys!

So far im still in love with this build.. acquire few new items to upgrade my char.. hehe.. i guess its good enough to do UberElder right? :D

The only slack i think is the LGoH ring which im still not sure what to replace.. decide to go for decent life ring with min endurance charge but tempted using CoN with agony crawler damage..saw it from Qozmo(awesome equip u got there bro! haha)..anyway, i checked PoB and the damage boost with CoN is around 70k avg dmg and total dps around 120k+ of my 1.9mil total dps now..which is kinda not worth it? sorry noob here , so im not sure how its calculate the 100% damage from that ring tho.. :P

again, Thank you again Codetaku for sharing this awesome build !
Hello again!

Just wanted to drop another optional tip, for those of you who opted for the Elder Gloves over a Tombfist.

If you managed to get a pair with both the Faster Attacks + Poison support you can add Withering Touch Support Gem for a massive damage boost (via the Withered debuff which increases chaos damage taken by 6%, stacking up to 15).

Stacking it to max can be tricky because, even though it lasts 2 seconds, stacking to 15, it is only a 25% chance to inflict it.

However, on single target boss fights (because we already 1-shot map monsters) and/or with enough APS you can likely hit max or get close to it easily enough. Although even with just a few stacks (7+ to overtake Intimidate DPS), it still adds a lot of DPS (like we didn't have enough already...).

This is because our Agony Crawler gets 40% of Physical to Chaos anyways...which is a lot of chaos damage at level 31.

The downside is we lose the intimidate and the Curse on hit. This is because a curse on hit corruption on a pair of rare elder gloves with those mods (poison and faster attack supports) + life is going to be very hard to find and/or EXPENSIVE.

Also, you will most likely require more - Total Cost of Channeling Skills enchants or a mana flask with the Enduring mod that makes the effects not end on full mana (think slayer overleech mechanics but for your mana pot!).

The upside is that Withered debuff can add significantly more DPS than the intimidate from Tombfist (the DPS is about even at 5 stacks). So it comes down to a choice between tankiness and even more damage (mainly for bossing), depending on what you feel you need/want. However, I should stress that the core build already does more than enough damage for basically anything (especially considering the low investment needed)..this is absolutely NOT necessary (it's just for the min/maxers)!

Best of luck to you all!

P.S.
I should add that you COULD use withering touch support with just one of the support mods if you really wanted to. However, I personally value the extra LGoH gem over anything else (my current setup in Elder gloves is Cyclone, LGoH, Withering Touch, Fortify with Poison and Faster attacks supports as Suffix rolls).
Последняя редакция: Troublesome08. Время: 30 сент. 2019 г., 5:31:59
"
VABcuzOfLucy написал:
u should make a clip about clear speed and dmg boss at t16. ppl always want clear speed and good dmg boss

Yeah, I'll get around to it. Probably after hitting 100 :P

"
nazseha написал:
Hie again guys!

So far im still in love with this build.. acquire few new items to upgrade my char.. hehe.. i guess its good enough to do UberElder right? :D

The only slack i think is the LGoH ring which im still not sure what to replace.. decide to go for decent life ring with min endurance charge but tempted using CoN with agony crawler damage..saw it from Qozmo(awesome equip u got there bro! haha)..anyway, i checked PoB and the damage boost with CoN is around 70k avg dmg and total dps around 120k+ of my 1.9mil total dps now..which is kinda not worth it? sorry noob here , so im not sure how its calculate the 100% damage from that ring tho.. :P

again, Thank you again Codetaku for sharing this awesome build !

Yeah, I think you're ready for uber, just remember, you do have to actually dodge stuff. You can survive single non-crit slams, but the thing this build gets you is mostly just quick phasing: if you just land in the start of a line of shaper balls, you're gonna have a bad time. This is a tanky build, not a "facetank everything" build.

"
Troublesome08 написал:
Hello again!

Just wanted to drop another optional tip, for those of you who opted for the Elder Gloves over a Tombfist.

If you managed to get a pair with both the Faster Attacks + Poison support you can add Withering Touch Support Gem for a massive damage boost (via the Withered debuff which increases chaos damage taken by 6%, stacking up to 15).

Stacking it to max can be tricky because, even though it lasts 2 seconds, stacking to 15, it is only a 25% chance to inflict it.

However, on single target boss fights (because we already 1-shot map monsters) and/or with enough APS you can likely hit max or get close to it easily enough. Although even with just a few stacks (7+ to overtake Intimidate DPS), it still adds a lot of DPS (like we didn't have enough already...).

This is because our Agony Crawler gets 40% of Physical to Chaos anyways...which is a lot of chaos damage at level 31.

The downside is we lose the intimidate and the Curse on hit. This is because a curse on hit corruption on a pair of rare elder gloves with those mods (poison and faster attack supports) + life is going to be very hard to find and/or EXPENSIVE.

Also, you will most likely require more - Total Cost of Channeling Skills enchants or a mana flask with the Enduring mod that makes the effects not end on full mana (think slayer overleech mechanics but for your mana pot!).

The upside is that Withered debuff can add significantly more DPS than the intimidate from Tombfist (the DPS is about even at 5 stacks). So it comes down to a choice between tankiness and even more damage (mainly for bossing), depending on what you feel you need/want. However, I should stress that the core build already does more than enough damage for basically anything (especially considering the low investment needed)..this is absolutely NOT necessary (it's just for the min/maxers)!

Best of luck to you all!

P.S.
I should add that you COULD use withering touch support with just one of the support mods if you really wanted to. However, I personally value the extra LGoH gem over anything else (my current setup in Elder gloves is Cyclone, LGoH, Withering Touch, Fortify with Poison and Faster attacks supports as Suffix rolls).

I did the calc, a six-link with both LGoH and Withering Touch at the end only costs 2 mana with a double elreon craft (5 mana with a single craft which is insane :P), so it's actually viable even without the mana flask. Nice thought, I replaced my culling strike suggestion in the gloves section with that.
Последняя редакция: codetaku. Время: 30 сент. 2019 г., 6:44:07
"
codetaku написал:

I did the calc, a six-link with both LGoH and Withering Touch at the end only costs 2 mana with a double elreon craft (5 mana with a single craft which is insane :P), so it's actually viable even without the mana flask. Nice thought, I replaced my culling strike suggestion in the gloves section with that.

Oh nice, that's even more feasible than I thought! I didn't notice the mana usage on my own setup but I also had a few eleron crafts already (overkill probably). Thanks for punching the numbers, that frees up a craft or two!

Now if I could just get get that Commandment of Light glove enchant for the extra regen (consecrated ground on taking a crit) 2% life and mana regen on boots and a HoA, Stone Golem or Spirit Offering enchant on helm, I think my setup would be in a pretty good spot! Grrr, lab doesn't want to cooperate with me tho! I'd probably even settle for the Relic buff one..

Thanks for the response my dude!
Cheers!

As I am still in leveling progress, I cannot tell, how it feels, if you have all items together but I'm looking forward to it. Currently I am at Level 58 and just entered act 9.

I admit that I was't patient enough to wait until Level 62 but started using HoA at Level 53, when I was able to wear the chest (I bought a five-link). To have enough attack speed I equiped a brightbeak.

As this is my second char in Blight, I invested some of my collected currency and bought most of my gems with Level 1/quality 20 to avoid the need of leveling them twice.

Thanks for all the work and time you invested in writing this guide and respondig to all the questions.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация