[3.9] Primordial Blast Reign - Blast Rain Ballistas, 9 Golems, Tanky Witch Totemancer!

Come by and chat if you have anything to discuss about this build!

🐖TheNotoriousPIG's Twitch Live Stream Channel🐖

_________________________________________________________________________________

🏹🌧️🔥🌧️🔥🌧️🏹Primordial👾Blast👾Reign🏹🌧️🔥🌧️🔥🌧️🏹
_________________________________________________________________________________

Path of Building
Скрытый текст

https://pastebin.com/HJdpLV0e

Videos!
Скрытый текст

soon!

**Remember** This is only a guide, I will be updating this as more information becomes available and I am actually playing the build. I encourage people to always test different things and stick with what you like best!

Also, League start fell on a terrible busy time for me, I teach high school and am a sound engineer for a local resturaunt/music venue. On Friday and Sunday I had music events to run and this week is mid-terms week at school so I've barely had time to play this build.

After this Friday (Dec 20th) I have 2 weeks off work for Christmas break, so I will def have many more updates. Until then, you can read in the comments updates from people enjoying this build. Major thanks to them for their feedback!

Explanation, Pros & Cons!
Скрытый текст

•5 totems, drop and dodge, safe playstyle.
•League Starter, budget, SSF, Hardcore.

-->Can work without uniques, but each one gives nice powerspike.
-->All uniques are easily farmable via Div cards or target farming.
•9 total golems, 8 golems with Meatshield support. Lots of Taunts, esp from Stone Golem.
-->580% increased effect of Golem buffs
-->Tons of regen from Stone Golem
-->Tons of phys dmg reduction from Chaos Golem
-->Tons of attack/cast speed from Lightning Golem for Blast Rain and utility skills.
-->Tons of increased damage from Flame Golem

Pros:
•Can do most map mods (see cons)
•Safe, you spend very little time standing still
•Tanky due to high life regen, high phys dmg reduction, Blind,
•Easy to cap res, easy to gear in trade league.
-Can use any decent bow/quiver if BIS options are to expensive.
•Lots of potential to improve with expensive gear!

Cons:
•No Regen (will need mana flask) & Ele Reflect maps will be annoying to run.
•Good bows & quivers will prob be expensive due to bow meta.
•Golem jewels might still be expensive, since last league was minion meta.
•Typically totem playstyle was not liked by many, but with the Balista focus, maybe they made it less clunky and will feel more like selfcast/traps.

Gear
Скрытый текст

League start fell on a terrible busy time for me, I teach high school and am a sound engineer for a local resturaunt/music venue. On Friday and Sunday I had music events to run and this week is mid-terms week at school so I've barely had time to play this build. I leveled with minions and just getting into maps on Metamorph League using Flame Golems.

I haven't transitioned to Ballistas yet since Golems currently allow me to farm/fill out my atlas more effeciently which will allow me to afford the required gear but I respecced and geared a character in Standard and ran a couple red maps just to finally be able to play it! Here is the gear I used.

After this Friday I have 2 weeks off work for Christmas break, so I will def have many more updates.

Playstyle
Скрытый текст

For bosses/rares
1. Cast your 4 totems
-Enduring Cry constantly once you have instant cast.
2. Cast Storm Brand
3. Chug Flask
4. Flame Dash to dodge stuff

Againt trash mobs, just drop totems and run. If you go super fast, totems will kill until you get more than 2 screens away. If you do this, make sure you have a good loot filter with sounds so you don't miss anything good.

Class and Ascendencies
Скрытый текст
•Class: Witch
•Ascendency: Elementalist
1st: Leige of Primordial

-Since we will be using Golems and other minions to level.
2nd: Elemancer
-MOAR GOLEMS. + Golem buff effect :)
3rd: Pendulum of Desctruction
-On the way to Mastermind of Disc, but the AOE and Dmg is real nice too.
4th: Mastermind of Discord
-Juicy Herald buffs

Skill Tree
Скрытый текст

kill all bandits

Starting Tree 43 pts- We level as a summoner so we rush the spiritual Aid wheel, then get Golem Commander. Grab Heart and Soul if you feel you need more life/mana.

https://poeplanner.com/ABMAAG0AEyMAADPfsJLBjr4RLSycvOpqQ3yD6-4y0UVHwGYEs6IA5FV35TD4OtgnL5BVGjhZ83IPZp6g5mdxSp-JvBBRmE06xuyKa9tMswQHg9tVxjpYrJgRDzs_YSiGytQH3I27AQECkPrfbUyL70sAAAAAAA==

Tree at 72 points - Spiritual Command is another easy respec and should give us enough minion damage to carry us till we go full Ballistas. After go down through Scion life wheel and get Soul of Steel.

https://poeplanner.com/ABMAAKcAEyMAAFDfsJLBjr4RLSycvOpqQ3yD6-4y0UVHwGYEs6IA5FV35TD4OtgnL5BVGjhZ83IPZp6g5mdxSp-JvBBRmE06xuyKa9tMswQHg9tVxjpYrJgRDzs_YSiGyhzcuJMo-oLH-ehBh7c-_grYvTWS-tIWb-NqJKo26RpsYPglIaqptfJ4DcAaqW5YrzboAecb-iXfpBnUB9yNuwEBApD6321Mi-9LAAAAAAA=

Tree at 91 points- If you have a decent bow, something around 200 phys dps you can swap to full Ballistas now. If not, stick with minions while you fill out your white and yellow maps. See the leveling guide below for more detailed advice on if/when to swap.

Tree if you stick to minions:
https://poeplanner.com/ABMAAM0AEyMAAGPfsJLBjr4RLSycvOpqQ3yD6-4y0UVHwGYEs6IA5FV35TD4OtgnL5BVGjhZ83IPZp6g5mdxSp-JvBBRmE06xuyKa9tMswQHg9tVxjpYrJgRDzs_YSiGyhzcuJMo-oLH-ehBh7c-_grYvTWS-tIWb-NqJKo26RpsYPglIaqptfJ4DcAaqW5YrzboAecb-iXfpBl07QUteu9AoCFgdPEppRjbFHWkwl4T2WAeagIgtNPub4ZgYVLvTtQH3I27AQECkPrfbUyL70sAAAAAAA==

Tree if you respec to Ballistas:
https://poeplanner.com/ABMAAM0AEyMAAGPfsJLBjr4RLSycvOpqQ3yD6-4y0UVHwGYEs6IA5FV35TD4OtgnL5BVGjhZ83IPZp4EB4PbVcY6WKyYEQ87P2Eohsoc3LiTKPqCx_noQYe3Pv4K2L01kvrSFm_jaiSqtfJ4DcAaqW5YrzboAecb-iXfpBl07QUteu9AoCFgdPEppRjbFHWkwnfjWfzaP8aqbzuPGqcI2CRWSDbFHwJaKyoTwxOj8l4T2WAeagIgtNPub4ZgYVLvTtQH3I27AQECkPrfbUyL70sAAAAAAA==

Tree at 106 pts - If you really aren't feeling tanky, take as many life nodes as you need but jewels are extremely important now so take them as soon as you can. You should have currency to buy your Anima Stone, 2 Primordial Eminence and the Primordial Chain so you can have 2 extra Golems.

https://poeplanner.com/ABMAAOsAEyMAAHLfsJLBjr4RLSycvOpqQ3yD6-4y0UVHwGYEs6IA5FV35TD4OtgnL5BVGjhZ83IPZp4EB4PbVcY6WKyYEQ87P2Eohsoc3LiTKPqCx_noQYe3Pv4K2L01kvrSFm_jaiSqtfJ4DcAaqW5YrzboAecb-iXfpBkFLXrvQKAhYHTxKaUY2xR1pMJ341n82j_Gqm87jxqnCNgkVkg2xR8CWisqE8MTo_JeE9lgHmoCILTT7m87De_rlG9mVDbpRrfTb5rgRZ1TUgHchNlHfr02ZU2-p4ZgYVLvTtQH3I27AQECkPrfbUyL70sAAAAAAA==

Level 90+ Tree - Fill out all the 5% life nodes that required no travel and grab Ironwood to give Ballistas some durability and yourself some armour. You have a few options for the last few points; Lava Lash for damage, Bloodless for life, jewel near Scion with .7 life regen, Shamanistic Fury for placement speed, or even grab an extra max Endurance Charge or two to scale our Enduring Cry+Immortal Call+phys reduction.

https://poeplanner.com/ABMAAQEAEyMAAH3fsJLBjr4RLSycvOpqQ3yD6-4y0UVHwGYEs6IA5FV35TD4OtgnL5BVGjhZ83IPZp4EB4PbVcY6WKyYEQ87P2Eohsoc3LiTKPqCx_noQYe3Pv4K2L01kvrSFm_jaiSqtfJ4DcAaqW5YrzboAecb-iXfpBkFLXrvQKAhYHTxKaUY2xR1pMJ341n82j_Gqm87jxqnCNgkVkg2xR8CWisqE8MTo_JeE9lgHmoCILTT7m87De_rlG9mVDbpRrfTb5rgRZ1TUgHchNlHfr02ZU2-p4ZgYVLvTnTt_o9N46ZXOuHyRRRN_Eu8nxiR8B_UB9yNuwEBApD6321Mi-9LAAAAAAA=

Recommended Gear
Скрытый текст

Nothing is really required for the build to work as intended. But, we want a good bow and quiver, and as many golems as possible. The golem items are required to get the 9 max golems, but the bow and quiver can be replaced by rares. Also, since weapons tend to drop in price quickly they can be placed as a low priority.

Bows: in order of most DPS.
1.Arborix, Assassin Bow
2.Chin Sol
3.Slivertongue, Harbinger Bow
4.Lioneye's Glare, Imperial Bow
Reach of the Council, Spine Bow

Quivers:
•Signal Fire. Fire Arrow Quiver
Hyrri's Demise
Drillneck

•Primordial Chain
-gives us 3 extra golems, this = 60% dmg, 150% buff effect and more meat shields!
•Malachai's Artifice
-Makes our Lightning Golem apply -50% Fire res to anything it hits
•Careful Planning
-Makes gearing and gem requirements easier.
•Rain of Splinters
-2 Extra arrows is a big DPS boost
•The Anima Stone
-helps us get 2 extra Golems, which means 40% dmg and 100% buff effect.
•Primordial Eminence
-Needed to reach Anima Stone threshold and also gives 60% buff effect.
•Atziri's Promise
-Just a DPS boost, the chaos res is nice too.

Skill Gems Setup
Скрытый текст

•Body Armour: Balista Support - Blast Rain - Elemental Damage With Attacks - Concentrated Effect - Elemental Focus - Inspiration Support

•In Bow: (4 links)Storm Brand - Curse on hit - Projectile Weakness - Increased Critical Strikes
(2 links) Blink Arrow - Faster Attacks

•In 4 link: Cast When Damage Taken(lvl 7) - Wave of Conviction (lvl11) - Immortal Call (lvl 9) - Increased Duration

•In a 4 link: Herald of Ash - Herald of Purity - Flesh and Stone - Enduring Cry

•In a 4 link: Flame Golem - Chaos Golem - Stone Golem - Meat Shield Support

In Malachai's Artifice Ring: Lightning Golem

Pantheons

Скрытый текст

Major: Lunaris
-Physical reduction is great, and we want to avoid chained projectiles since we always have a bunch of minions in front of us
•Capture Stone of the Currents in Wharf Map
•Capture Sebbert, Crescent's Point in Moon Temple Map
•Capture Ambrius, Legion Slayer in Colosseum Map

Minor: Ralakesh, Ryslatha or Shakari are all good options.

Leveling as Minions, My Gear

Скрытый текст
Still leveling, I had to work Fri night so I'm just getting started.

Here is my current gear and gems setup. Carrion Golems leap slam and damn near 1 shot everything, Zombies with Feeding Frenzy clean up nice.

Последняя редакция: TheNotoriousPIG. Время: 18 дек. 2019 г., 5:58:48
Last bumped19 дек. 2019 г., 11:11:58
How is this working out so far? Looks pretty novel and would like to try it.

Also, inspiration in your 6 link totem? Inspiration can't effect totems.
Последняя редакция: Brikker. Время: 14 дек. 2019 г., 7:11:42
"
Brikker написал:
How is this working out so far? Looks pretty novel and would like to try it.

Also, inspiration in your 6 link totem? Inspiration can't effect totems.

ah, I'm dumb, I didn't even see that line in Inspiration support! Shame, cause the lower mana cost was looking real nice for spamming against bosses that will be constantly killing out totems.

I'm still leveling, but minion leveling as witch is super smooth. Unfortinately I had to work Friday night and again Sunday-Fri. But after next Friday I'm off for two weeks so I will be playing a ton.
Hey, first of fall: Thanks TheNotoriousPIG for this build. I started with this but adjusted the passive tree to get more out of the new Ballista Nodes. It may not end in your favor but i like it quite a lot.

Thanks to a good start with Arc i quite still liked the way to level the Character even only with Health Nodes.

In case of the Inspiration Support: It may not effect the totems but it still buffs the Blast Rain which. That means you can get full potential of the Support.

And in case of my failure where i just let the Controlled Destruction Support still stay in my lucky Tabula and then swapped it out when i looked up this thread again some minutes ago. It is a huge buff for my dps. I struggled against Singletarget but when i keep the Buff active at 5 Stacks the Ballistas shred it. Just doing up to Tier 5 Maps right now but when it is quite enjoyable even with the Concentrated Effect Support.
"
Nervyion написал:
Hey, first of fall: Thanks TheNotoriousPIG for this build. I started with this but adjusted the passive tree to get more out of the new Ballista Nodes. It may not end in your favor but i like it quite a lot.

Thanks to a good start with Arc i quite still liked the way to level the Character even only with Health Nodes.

In case of the Inspiration Support: It may not effect the totems but it still buffs the Blast Rain which. That means you can get full potential of the Support.

And in case of my failure where i just let the Controlled Destruction Support still stay in my lucky Tabula and then swapped it out when i looked up this thread again some minutes ago. It is a huge buff for my dps. I struggled against Singletarget but when i keep the Buff active at 5 Stacks the Ballistas shred it. Just doing up to Tier 5 Maps right now but when it is quite enjoyable even with the Concentrated Effect Support.

Glad you're enjoying it!

so, I did some testing and Inspiration will work with Ballista totems. Since it says "totems cannot gain Inspiration charges", But it says "Gain an Inspiration charge when you spend mana for supported skills". So, I can gain charges for casting totems, and Blast Rain will gain the 8% more per charge that I have.

Thank for guide! Fun build
Последняя редакция: Ktoxa. Время: 15 дек. 2019 г., 5:34:50
"
Ktoxa написал:
I think The Primordial Chain is useless for this build. Golems start to die quick. And i don't feel any improvements after i got this Chain. Any alternatives?

I think I agree, it seems like they added so much more phys/chaos damage this league. They usually are practically immortal due to the elemental immunity. I don't even have Primordial Chain and my golems are dying often, I played a golemancer in Legion and I feel like I've seen my golems die more with this character at lvl 70 than I saw them die in the entire Legion.

We can just run the build without the Chain, losing 3 golems will lose us 60% damage and 150% buff effect. But, 6 golems is still 120% damage, and 430% buff effectiveness.

The pro is that we can use a rare amulet with life and res. According to Path of Building, Ryslatha's Coil gives us nearly as much dps as the Chain. so, we can jsut replace one unique slot with another.
I think i found solution. I swap build to fire arrow. But this build use 1 Primordial Harmony,Cobalt Jewel. It give huge survival for our golems. Boss can kill it...but still golems last longer than before because of life regen
"
Ktoxa написал:
I think i found solution. I swap build to fire arrow. But this build use 1 Primordial Harmony,Cobalt Jewel. It give huge survival for our golems. Boss can kill it...but still golems last longer than before because of life regen

I'm also highly considering using 3 points for Indominable Army just for the 25% phys reduction, extra life and resistence to bleed while moving for the minions. Could be huge as a QoL if it makes it to where you hardly have to resummon them.

One Primordial Harmony is actually probably better than two Eminence's. We lose 30% buff effect, but that's negligable.
Последняя редакция: TheNotoriousPIG. Время: 15 дек. 2019 г., 20:06:16
I've been running this build and once I got my anima stone online(with an eminence and two harmonies, no amulet) the build feels really nice. It's not ideal yet, but the golems are hardly ever in danger anymore. Thinking of adding ice golem in an unset ring.
Последняя редакция: Mattipants. Время: 15 дек. 2019 г., 20:51:03

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация