Cold ANIMATE WEAPON Summoner | League-Start & Leveling Guide

Nobody seems to mention the following links:

Added cold - Added lightning (and you use a fire spell with Elemental Equilibrium to debuff)

And for the rich guys you can swap for Awakend added cold and lightning: should do massive damage!
"
"
Keyen написал:

So, you gain 71K dps with 75-110 added damage with the fire build, 181K with the cold build.

Okay, I have to admit you've convinced me. I'll update the guide to reflect this.

I think it still might make sense to level the build with the fire setup and swap it to cold once better gear is affordable, so I'll write both setups in, fire for beginning maps and cold for endgame.

Gem links are a bit of a problem, though. Having a 4G set of sockets to fill is tough, and will involve some sacrifices. Maybe that setup needs to be self-casting Bladefall? Any ideas on how to fix the socket problem are welcome.

Self cast bladefall, yes. I have 116% duration, it should be enough so I don't have to cast it so often. You can fill the gloves with desecrate and Whirling blade + faster attack.

My gems links are the following:
1) AW-EF-MD-MS-ADC-EDA/MS (Armor, probably belly)
2) Hatred + Generosity & Skitterbot + bonechill (boots)
3) Molten shell lvl 10 + CWDT lvl 1 / Carrion golem lvl 20 (Main hand, probably)
4) Offering + increased duration + frost bomb (off hand)
5) Raise spectre + feeding frenzy + blood magic + minion life (helmet)
6) Bladefall/WB + FA/Desecrate
7) Convocation into a unset ring
8) Optional, portal into a unset ring.

Basically, my planned build is something like that (old rares I had in 3.8, don't take in account):
https://pastebin.com/SWseYgCZ

If i'm filthy rich, I may get a AG with crown of the tyrant (G) + kingmaker.

Basically, the build has over 6K hp, 75% block, 43% spell block, and regen 775 hp per block.
"
Soepkieken написал:
Nobody seems to mention the following links:

Added cold - Added lightning (and you use a fire spell with Elemental Equilibrium to debuff)

And for the rich guys you can swap for Awakend added cold and lightning: should do massive damage!

No, it doesn't. One added damage (immolate or added cold damage) is already the max you can do. After that, a regular 50% more damage is better (and it's already close to be the case for added cold damage if you have a bit of added damage from the equipment)
Последняя редакция: Keyen. Время: 1 марта 2020 г., 9:10:51
"
Keyen написал:
https://pastebin.com/SWseYgCZ

Yeah the DPS is definitely there. The max block for a defensive mechanic is neat take as well. I'm not fully sold on Bone Offering, as I think you may be sad to not have the cast speed from Flesh Offering.

I'd be worried about having to self cast so many spells:
- Bladefall
- Animate Weapon
- Bone Offering and Frost Bomb (unless these are on a trigger-on-cast wand?)
- Desecrate
- Carrion Golem
- Convocation

It's just a lot to click, more than I'd personally feel happy doing. I prefer to keep to 2-3 skills, maybe 4 at max, that I use manually.
Последняя редакция: ThanatoZGaming. Время: 1 марта 2020 г., 9:37:59
Hum. After tinkering it a bit, you can probably autocast three skills with an autocasting wand:

-Molten shell + Bone offering + carrion golem into it
-frost bomb, Flame dash + faster casting into the off hand
(3 automated skills)
Or:
-Bone offering + carrior golem + frost bomb in the autocasting wand
-Molten shell + CWDT + flame dash
(4 automated skills)

But you don't have faster casting on flame dash anymore.

And you have two free green sockets. So Portal + something.

Последняя редакция: Keyen. Время: 1 марта 2020 г., 10:08:11
"
Keyen написал:
"
solidghost написал:

The current version of AW, the item level does affect the life of the animate weapon. If the base item is like a glass shank, which is a item level 1 item, it is going to die pretty quickly. Base life of an AW glass shank should be like less than 92. Dead AW is useless. :-(

That doesn't mean what you think it means. Item level is different from required level or whatever. A glass shank has not a item lvl of 1, it can have a high item level.

Currently, if you raise a glass shank which dropped in a 82 map, it will have a lot of life, not 92.

Yes that is correct but what about the glass shank created by a lvl 1 bladefall spell? Will it be at the map level?
"
Keyen написал:
Hum. After tinkering it a bit, you can probably autocast three skills with an autocasting wand:

-Molten shell + Bone offering + carrion golem into it
-frost bomb, Flame dash + faster casting into the off hand
(3 automated skills)
Or:
-Bone offering + carrior golem + frost bomb in the autocasting wand
-Molten shell + CWDT + flame dash
(4 automated skills)

But you don't have faster casting on flame dash anymore.

And you have two free green sockets. So Portal + something.

I tinkered with it some as well, and did an update. Check out the utility gems - cold conversion section. Basically, I gave up on using Frost Bomb (in favor of Elemental Army exposure) and then we only have to manually cast Bladefall, Animate Weapon, and Desecrate.

"
solidghost написал:
Yes that is correct but what about the glass shank created by a lvl 1 bladefall spell? Will it be at the map level?

From GGG's post: "...This also means that blades from a low level Bladefall can be used by a high level Animate Weapon as effectively as a high level Bladefall's blades." https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2779779

My take is that the level of Bladefall, and the level of the map, are both irrelevant in this case. All that matters is the AW level.
Although I like your ideas, this is still very hypothetical. I would not put too much of consideration into that thread, because it can be obsolete once the patchnotes are out.

I suggest including actual gameplay of animate weapons at this point! There are not many videos of that, the biggest reason was their tedious playstyle (except Chain of Command-Builds) and it can be helpful to see, how the gameplay looks and feels in general.

I have to state, that necromancer is in an absolute power position right now, so there could be several !!!realistic!!! changes to that ascendancy or to minion gameplay in general. This combined with the unknown rework of Animate Weapons hopefully shows how uncertain any theorycrafted build is until the patchnotes are out.

EDIT: My motivation for that reply is in one part based on a criticism towards that "first comes, first servs"-attidude, which is fairly common some weeks prior a new league start. It is somewhat misleading, especially for newer players, to publish a guide and throwing random numbers, while the main part a guide should offer is left behind: an example of how a skill or a certain playstyle can be successfully played.
Последняя редакция: Mutzelputz. Время: 1 марта 2020 г., 14:08:32
"
Mutzelputz написал:

If you check out the Videos section, I do have some self-cast Animate Weapon footage up there from 3.9 (the Feb 26 video, about 3 minutes in). You can see how it plays now, and contrast with the footage released by GGG for 3.10 right after.

The big problems with the skill currently are slow cast speed, high mana cost, and not enough weapons dropping to animate - all of which we know are being tuned.

Talking about DPS for different setups is definitely going to be inaccurate but the general concept (fire vs cold scaling, for example) I think is still useful. And when we're getting DPS figures like 12M-20M with no gear on...

Honestly, GGG could nerf those numbers down to 20% of where they hypothetically are now, and the skill would still be good once the QOL of using it is bearable.

I think it's very probable that Necro gets hit with some nerfs, and if it's extreme maybe a Scion, Guardian, Elementalist etc ends up being better. We'll see.
Последняя редакция: ThanatoZGaming. Время: 2 марта 2020 г., 2:00:28
"
Mutzelputz написал:
Although I like your ideas, this is still very hypothetical. I would not put too much of consideration into that thread, because it can be obsolete once the patchnotes are out.

I suggest including actual gameplay of animate weapons at this point! There are not many videos of that, the biggest reason was their tedious playstyle (except Chain of Command-Builds) and it can be helpful to see, how the gameplay looks and feels in general.

I have to state, that necromancer is in an absolute power position right now, so there could be several !!!realistic!!! changes to that ascendancy or to minion gameplay in general. This combined with the unknown rework of Animate Weapons hopefully shows how uncertain any theorycrafted build is until the patchnotes are out.

EDIT: My motivation for that reply is in one part based on a criticism towards that "first comes, first servs"-attidude, which is fairly common some weeks prior a new league start. It is somewhat misleading, especially for newer players, to publish a guide and throwing random numbers, while the main part a guide should offer is left behind: an example of how a skill or a certain playstyle can be successfully played.

We are comparing stuff, not show specific figures. When I announced dps earlier, it was more as a comparaison than it was to show off any dps. However, given several stuffs, like:
-The announcement AW will get a more attack speed multiplier
-The announcement it will get two different base added damage (from itself and from animating a dagger from bladefall/etc)
-The annoucement it will get QOL
-The fact we saw someone with 10 weapons (so it's my baseline)
-The fact this someone managed to cast animated weapon with like 98% of his mana reserved

Is, at least for me, enough to start speculating on the skill and start TC a build. Yes, necro will probably be nerfed. No, it won't change much (except maybe my defensive mecanic if mistress of sacrifice is hit hard enough).
Последняя редакция: Keyen. Время: 1 марта 2020 г., 15:23:42
Chains of Command seem too good to pass up, specifically for the free Splash Damage.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация