[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

Hi.

I'm currently trying this build and 'til now I like it more and more. I didn't yet reach the level so there's still some way to go but 'til now I was able to finish the third Lab with some tactics which is awesome. I started by checking the POB-Link "CI version (no helm enchant)" and now there are a few questions.
First of all I don't get what you're trying to do with Profane Blossom. As far as I understood the build I would chose forbidden power instead. Or is there something I missed?
I thought about adding Zealot's Oath to the build since having life regen doesn't seem to help at all but it can't get enough energy shield regen. Why didn't you add that?

And I found some Cluster Jewels the build could use. Feel free to check my witch for details until I figured out how to link ingame items...
I have just the same questions as in the last post.
Looking for your updates.
Hi,

do you have the links for the leveling and the pantheon etc. section on hand? When I click on "show" it opens up like 7 pixels without showing anything.

EDIT: everything else works
Последняя редакция: Foxicv. Время: 2 апр. 2020 г., 9:43:23
"
Soyaro написал:
Hi.

I'm currently trying this build and 'til now I like it more and more. I didn't yet reach the level so there's still some way to go but 'til now I was able to finish the third Lab with some tactics which is awesome. I started by checking the POB-Link "CI version (no helm enchant)" and now there are a few questions.
First of all I don't get what you're trying to do with Profane Blossom. As far as I understood the build I would chose forbidden power instead. Or is there something I missed?
I thought about adding Zealot's Oath to the build since having life regen doesn't seem to help at all but it can't get enough energy shield regen. Why didn't you add that?

And I found some Cluster Jewels the build could use. Feel free to check my witch for details until I figured out how to link ingame items...

Hey Soyaro, sorry for the delayed response.

To answer your first question, profane bloom is chosen with the assumption that you will get a frostbite on hit ring (which are normally very, very cheap in every league). The amount of clear the explosions gives is significant, and the ability to curse hexproof enemies is nothing to scoff at either in Deliriums. Forbidden power is fairly useless for this build aside from the ~20% increased aoe/spell damage. With the usage of frostbolt, cold snap, arctic breath, and vortex- we will always have elemental overload active.

*Removed incorrect information about Zealot's oath.*

I haven't looked too much into the jewels, but I imagine a lot of them wouldn't be very point efficient. It's tough to justify the new jewels when everything on the tree for this build are so close-nit and point efficient.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
Последняя редакция: Clydehart. Время: 5 апр. 2020 г., 12:45:52
"
Foxicv написал:
Hi,

do you have the links for the leveling and the pantheon etc. section on hand? When I click on "show" it opens up like 7 pixels without showing anything.

EDIT: everything else works

Fox, sorry for the delayed response.

I haven't had a chance to update the build with the leveling aspect, but here is a pastebin with trees from 1-25, 26-50, and 51-75: https://pastebin.com/APWAWpmK

In general, up until you get spellslinger (at level 24), you can use kinetic bolt, which should allow you to cruise until act 3 with mediocre wands. You could also use freezing pulse. For gem links early on, focus on things that give you flat added damage like added cold or added lightning.

Once you hit level 24 and unlock spellslinger, you should get two setups of spellslinger going: arctic breath and frostbolt. Once you hit level 28, throw vortex in the mix, but only use vortex on self cast.

As for pantheon: Soul of Lunaris and Soul of Gruthkul are the best for this build. Anything focusing on defense will be your best friend, as this build has enough DPS to tackle the majority of content but does not have any phys mitigation.
Последняя редакция: Clydehart. Время: 5 апр. 2020 г., 0:36:17
"
Clydehart написал:
For the second question, zealot's oath has no value on a CI build.

So there's a bug in POB I guess. Chosing zealot's oath reduced my life regen by 0.1 as expected but POB raised my ES regen by 50%. I guess I have to spend a refund point and check the values ingame.

Currently I'm experimenting with cast while channeling, using winter orb to ignore vortex's cooldown time, casting it twice as fast. It feels like I'm ignoring its mana cost too. the downsides are: projectiles from frost orb don't trigger spellslinger. neither do projectiles from cast while channeling-spells. At least I didn't find any. So if I want to move or trigger spellslinger I have to interrupt channeling, stopping Vortex from being casted for at least twice it's cooldown time. My idea was to use channeling to add another spell, raise vortex's cast speed and maybe add infused channeling support to the construct. Any ideas how to make this work better or is the answer here just "doesn't work at all"?
"
Soyaro написал:
"
Clydehart написал:

So there's a bug in POB I guess. Chosing zealot's oath reduced my life regen by 0.1 as expected but POB raised my ES regen by 50%. I guess I have to spend a refund point and check the values ingame.

He's wrong; Zealot's Oath does convert any % based regen to use your max ES value rather than the life value. It doesn't use 1 as the value to take a % from for characters with CI, and there are also sources of flat regen (stone golem for example) that will also be converted to apply to ES regen instead.
Последняя редакция: UmbralForce. Время: 5 апр. 2020 г., 8:53:17
"
UmbralForce написал:
"
Soyaro написал:
"
Clydehart написал:

He's wrong; Zealot's Oath does convert any % based regen to use your max ES value rather than the life value. It doesn't use 1 as the value to take a % from for characters with CI, and there are also sources of flat regen (stone golem for example) that will also be converted to apply to ES regen instead.

Gotcha, sorry for the misinformation and thank you for the correction, you learn something new every day! However, it'd be tough to justify grabbing regen nodes with half the effectiveness, and the build is very strapped for gem slots.

"
Soyaro написал:
"
Clydehart написал:

Currently I'm experimenting with cast while channeling, using winter orb to ignore vortex's cooldown time, casting it twice as fast. It feels like I'm ignoring its mana cost too. the downsides are: projectiles from frost orb don't trigger spellslinger. neither do projectiles from cast while channeling-spells. At least I didn't find any. So if I want to move or trigger spellslinger I have to interrupt channeling, stopping Vortex from being casted for at least twice it's cooldown time. My idea was to use channeling to add another spell, raise vortex's cast speed and maybe add infused channeling support to the construct. Any ideas how to make this work better or is the answer here just "doesn't work at all"?

Unfortunately, spellslinger will only trigger with attacks made with a wand. The value in vortex is the aoe DoT it provides (especially in combination with casting on top of frostbolts and covering the map), not necessarily the base damage, so faster casting is not the greatest since vortex DoT does not stack with each other. However, if arctic breath, cold snap, and vortex are all used at once- those all stack with each other, which amounts to like 1-2m shaper dps when added altogether depending if you are CI or LL.

"
Clydehart написал:
"
Soyaro написал:
Hi.

Hey Soyaro, sorry for the delayed response.

To answer your first question, profane bloom is chosen with the assumption that you will get a frostbite on hit ring (which are normally very, very cheap in every league). The amount of clear the explosions gives is significant, and the ability to curse hexproof enemies is nothing to scoff at either in Deliriums. Forbidden power is fairly useless for this build aside from the ~20% increased aoe/spell damage. With the usage of frostbolt, cold snap, arctic breath, and vortex- we will always have elemental overload active.

*Removed incorrect information about Zealot's oath.*

I haven't looked too much into the jewels, but I imagine a lot of them wouldn't be very point efficient. It's tough to justify the new jewels when everything on the tree for this build are so close-nit and point efficient.

I looked into some of the jewel clusters and updated all of the PoBs to include the option to use some jewel clusters. Turns out, you can get yourself about 500 more ES and equivalent damage with the usage of jewel clusters for each variation! Feel free to have a look, although some of the jewel clusters could be expensive (upwards of 60c ea).
Последняя редакция: Clydehart. Время: 5 апр. 2020 г., 12:48:18
hi,

trying it out: cool to play so far
however i dont see any spellslinger cold snap interaction: is it totally fixed to bypass CS cd with a fc ?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация