[3.14] Volatile Dead Spellslinger Necromancer | League Starter | Beginner Friendly

"
pra-lima87 написал:
"
JugJugJug написал:

Here is a list of defensive and offensive..
---snip---

What a awesome post!
A lot of nice and deep info here!

Thanks. Hope it helps.
That, that is, is. That, that is not, is not. Is that it? It is.
Trying to do this build in harvest

Gotta says I got 3 items out of the normal sockets one
Struggling on the jewels
Struggling on the others gears

I'm not even sure if it's better to use shield + those skill pts for that shield node or just keep a wand (+90% damages, half being elemental) & use those pts for a 'backup' if mobs are resistant to elemental dmg (or get minions, yeah, they're good meat shield)
"
Rasmodians написал:
Trying to do this build in harvest

Gotta says I got 3 items out of the normal sockets one
Struggling on the jewels
Struggling on the others gears

I'm not even sure if it's better to use shield + those skill pts for that shield node or just keep a wand (+90% damages, half being elemental) & use those pts for a 'backup' if mobs are resistant to elemental dmg (or get minions, yeah, they're good meat shield)

Spellslinger mechanics get zero benefit from dual wielding. It will alternate the spell procs... first attack uses first wand buffs, second attack uses second wand buffs, rinse and repeat... they do NOT stack. Buffs from a shield DO add to every proc...like spell damage, fire damage, fire as extra chaos, and etc (see list of mods you're looking for in the gear section of the build guide), as well as giving you extra base block chance and hopefully a fat life roll.

Also, you mentioned %damage on your wand... with spellslinger builds you will get lots more damage from flat damage rolls than you will with %damage rolls... flat fire damage and flat fire damage to spells are the most important things to look for... after that then look for %spell damage, %fire damage, fire or ele damage as extra chaos, etc... again, the stats you want on a wand are listed in the gear section of the build guide.
I've finally managed to get this build kickin'
(thanks to someone giving me 80 orbs of regrets I could remove my minions skills)

Anyways, I've had a bit of bad luck with sockets & linking and would appreciate any tips regarding my current set-up

My survivability is so-so and I'm pretty sure I mixed the 'build' and 'author's gear' updated version

https://pastebin.com/CCMTAsMT
"
Rasmodians написал:
(thanks to someone giving me 80 orbs of regrets I could remove my minions skills)

Anyways, I've had a bit of bad luck with sockets & linking and would appreciate any tips regarding my current set-up

My survivability is so-so and I'm pretty sure I mixed the 'build' and 'author's gear' updated version

Passive tree looks good so far. Grab Call to Arms so you can link enduring cry to your left mouse button and cast it automatically without interrupting your movement, then definitely start grabbing the shield block clusters.

Check out some of the extensive info about buffing your DPS and Tanky-ness that I posted on the previous page. a lot of good tips in there.

Things to improve on your gear:

--6 link your chest... that will be the biggest dps boost to your build of anything else you can do.

--wand has good flat fire damage to spells, but no plain flat fire damage roll... those two flat fire damage rolls are the most important things for dps. It's probably fine now as you're in low map level range, but be looking for a for a better wand.

--very low life roll on shield... this is a spot where you can get a really fat life roll.

--helmet has very low life roll and it's another spot that's great for getting a big life roll... the enchant is great, but if you're into crafting, maybe you can craft better life on that.

--gloves...again a very bad life roll on gloves.

--boots...same thing, really bad life roll

--amulet...projectiles pierce does nothing for this build... your VD balls are not projectiles. Also, it's corrupted which means you can't anoint a notable on it. also no life roll. Keep an eye out for an amulet (or on one of your rings) with %fire damage leeched as life mod.

--Rings... neither has life rolls... try to get 70+ life on each ring and amulet if you can.

--Belt... no life roll. look for a stygian with big life roll plus resists. the ele damage with attacks mod does nothing for you at all. Your dps comes from spells, which are proc'd by a wand attack, but the attack itself does almost zero dps.

--Abyss jewel is ok. After other gear is sorted look to upgrade to one with life, fire dam to spells, and fire dam to spells while holding a shield.

--Flasks... try to get a life flask of staunching that has some instant recovery...my personal fave is Bubbling Divine life flask of Staunching. the
quicksilver is fine. If you go with a basalt flask its important to get 'chemist's' prefix with at least 23% reduced charges used so you get two uses on it. Your mana usage should be so low that you do not need a mana flask at all. try to run with two damage flasks... wise oak (make sure fire resist is your highest resist) and atziri's promise (only the ele as chaos roll matters on atziri's flask. This will also give you a big boost to life leech, but only when the flask is up, especially since you're using incandescent heart). Three non-unique flasks should be life, quicksilver, basalt-or-granite. With suffixes of staunching, of heat, of warding. (since you're running vaal molten shell, i'd probably go with a granite flask as the extra armor will buff your vaal molten shell if the flask is active when you pop it.)

You're looking pretty good for lvl 72. prioritize your flask setup, 6 link chest, and better life rolls on almost every gear piece, fire dam leached as life on one ring or ammy. Good luck!
"
JugJugJug написал:
"
Rasmodians написал:

Passive tree looks good so far. Grab Call to Arms so you can link enduring cry to your left mouse button and cast it automatically without interrupting your movement, then definitely start grabbing the shield block clusters.

Check out some of the extensive info about buffing your DPS and Tanky-ness that I posted on the previous page. a lot of good tips in there.

Things to improve on your gear:

--6 link your chest... that will be the biggest dps boost to your build of anything else you can do.

--wand has good flat fire damage to spells, but no plain flat fire damage roll... those two flat fire damage rolls are the most important things for dps. It's probably fine now as you're in low map level range, but be looking for a for a better wand.

--very low life roll on shield... this is a spot where you can get a really fat life roll.

--helmet has very low life roll and it's another spot that's great for getting a big life roll... the enchant is great, but if you're into crafting, maybe you can craft better life on that.

--gloves...again a very bad life roll on gloves.

--boots...same thing, really bad life roll

--amulet...projectiles pierce does nothing for this build... your VD balls are not projectiles. Also, it's corrupted which means you can't anoint a notable on it. also no life roll. Keep an eye out for an amulet (or on one of your rings) with %fire damage leeched as life mod.

--Rings... neither has life rolls... try to get 70+ life on each ring and amulet if you can.

--Belt... no life roll. look for a stygian with big life roll plus resists. the ele damage with attacks mod does nothing for you at all. Your dps comes from spells, which are proc'd by a wand attack, but the attack itself does almost zero dps.

--Abyss jewel is ok. After other gear is sorted look to upgrade to one with life, fire dam to spells, and fire dam to spells while holding a shield.

--Flasks... try to get a life flask of staunching that has some instant recovery...my personal fave is Bubbling Divine life flask of Staunching. the
quicksilver is fine. If you go with a basalt flask its important to get 'chemist's' prefix with at least 23% reduced charges used so you get two uses on it. Your mana usage should be so low that you do not need a mana flask at all. try to run with two damage flasks... wise oak (make sure fire resist is your highest resist) and atziri's promise (only the ele as chaos roll matters on atziri's flask. This will also give you a big boost to life leech, but only when the flask is up, especially since you're using incandescent heart). Three non-unique flasks should be life, quicksilver, basalt-or-granite. With suffixes of staunching, of heat, of warding. (since you're running vaal molten shell, i'd probably go with a granite flask as the extra armor will buff your vaal molten shell if the flask is active when you pop it.)

You're looking pretty good for lvl 72. prioritize your flask setup, 6 link chest, and better life rolls on almost every gear piece, fire dam leached as life on one ring or ammy. Good luck!

Thanks man I was really hopping you'd reply pointing what I could switch out or upgrade

Very much appreciated as this is my first time ever going beyond level 20 & actually playing seriously

kinda motivated me that a nice dude sent me 330 Chaos orb & 80 orbs of regrets as it allowed me to just immediatly finish my 'half minion half VD Spellcaster' tree into a 'full VD Spellcaster'

Edit :
Here's my attempts at changing out things I could and can afford
I prob did some stuff wrong but it seems like my survivability increased by a lot
https://pastebin.com/WyEF7q62

Also noticed that in OP's build (current & VD Spellcaster) he doesn't have any Enduring Cry gem.. kinda curious 'bout that?
Последняя редакция: Rasmodians. Время: 1 авг. 2020 г., 10:57:30
"
Rasmodians написал:

Here's my attempts at changing out things I could and can afford
I prob did some stuff wrong but it seems like my survivability increased by a lot
https://pastebin.com/WyEF7q62

Also noticed that in OP's build (current & VD Spellcaster) he doesn't have any Enduring Cry gem.. kinda curious 'bout that?

[/quote]

The OP's "updated" pob definitely has enduring cry in it. The extra phys damage reduction from the endurance charges plus the HUGE amount of life regen you get every time it proc's is just way too good to pass up.

If you are starved for available gem sockets, here is what i do...

I don't use shield charge 3 link at all for several reasons... 1) You are not a tanky Juggernaut or Beeftain build... why would you actually use a mechanic that forces you to get in melee range with monsters all the time? 2) I personally find shield charge to be a bit clunky and just don't like it much.
I chose to add in many different layered defensive mechanics but dump the setup that requires me to slam directly into the monsters that want to kill me.

I run Dash-Second Wind-Arcane Surge as my movement skill and I play as if I were a sniper... try to completely avoid direct melee-range contact with monsters whenever possible. That setup lets me dump 3 link shield charge setup AND flame dash, thus giving me one extra free socket to use for whatever i want... Personally I run blood rage gem in that extra slot for the extra dps of frenzy charges. In my opinion, Dash is THE best movement skill for manually dodging in hard bossfights. It's an instant skill so its casting time can't be slowed by things like chill or tar on the ground. It does require a lot of dexterity, but you have to have 111 dex anyway for hypothermia, so even with just 111 dex, you can have lvl 13 dash and level 20 second wind, which in my opinion is superior to using 4 gem slots for shield charge + flame dash, not to mention the extra more modifier from arcane surge that you gain.

Here is my PoB at lvl 93. https://pastebin.com/488zX5gZ

I'm basically done with the build at this point and working on my next one. (can't help myself...i'm addicted to starting new builds and do 5-9 builds per league. lol) FYI, my shield isn't amazing... always meant to look for one with +1 to all fire skill gems, but since i was having no problem running t16 maps and bosses I never actually got around to it. Also, once i got all my defensive mechanics in place (including the "play like i'm a sniper, not like a tank" mindset) I quit running a life flask completely and added another defensive flask to my setup. Also you'll notice that i've deviated just slightly from the recommended cluster jewel setup... the 'chance to blind' from Disorienting Display notable on my large cluster jewel is of enormous benefit in bossfights, and it's no problem skipping Doryani's Lesson notable on the cluster due to the 'fire damage leeched as life' on my amulet and the big life leech from chaos damage on atziri's flask.
Последняя редакция: JugJugJug. Время: 1 авг. 2020 г., 13:27:18
Just came across an Awakened Elemental Focus Support gem; think I should replace something in my 6L chest or just try and sell the gem?
"
exitwounds85 написал:
Just came across an Awakened Elemental Focus Support gem; think I should replace something in my 6L chest or just try and sell the gem?

The problem with using Ele Focus, woke or regular, on this build is that you will miss out on a fair bit of ignite damage from your VD setup....
@JugJugJug

I got confused now :) Will read your posts and see if I learn something, probably will.
Is there not a PoB out there for what you are saying? (Found it, ty) I am leveling atm and know I need to fix so much, but better to fix while leveling than later :)

No need to do a full showdown on my build atm, just so that you know. But if you look at it you will see I've sort of followed OP 100% (added enduring cry just now, chasing CtA atm.)
Последняя редакция: mrsarun. Время: 4 авг. 2020 г., 12:49:29

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация