[3.16] Wintertide Brand Occultist/Trickster | 8-9M Dot dps| Fast Clear | Detailed explanation

"
MysticRuby написал:
can you explain me more about how to trigger elemental equilibrium, as i understand, it's use OOS to override votex EE right?

OOS will override vortex, because it hits constantly. Wintertide does not hit so this wont be a factor to consider
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Hi, how do I check what my actual DPS is? Do I just go off the PoB numbers and set Wintertide Brand to 20 stages? I've looked at the DPS calculator you posted in the mechanics section but not sure where to find my numbers to input. Thanks.
"
Mirnava написал:
Hi, how do I check what my actual DPS is? Do I just go off the PoB numbers and set Wintertide Brand to 20 stages? I've looked at the DPS calculator you posted in the mechanics section but not sure where to find my numbers to input. Thanks.

If you are using pob fork, you can actually use the fork to calculate your dps

Just go on pob and on the left side where u select skill, choose wintertide brand and select 20 stages, thats your dps for a single brand of dot

Currently at my pob i m seeing 2.3m per brand
My Builds/Stream

You state the ability to perma chill bosses but yet run elemental focus. What am I missing here?
"
Pristine_Teafruit написал:
You state the ability to perma chill bosses but yet run elemental focus. What am I missing here?

Elemental focus prevents elemental ailments, wintertide deals cold damage DOT and chills enemies. It doesnt hit, it doesnt apply elemental ailment the usual normal way

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Wintertide_Brand
My Builds/Stream

Hi Mate!

After reading a lot (and loving brands gameplay in general) I am very interested in trying this, but I do have a few questions, if you got the time:

1 - The ES regen is extremely low (latest PoB shows 52 ES/s) and we know ES/Life leech doesn't apply to dot damage. How are you recovering it, besides having wicked ward not stop damage? You also don't take zealot's oath, which would sorta help with it. This is in no way criticism, I'm trying to understand the mechanics.

2 - With no block/dodge and just a bulk of about 9k es (and malediction's 10% less), doesn't it feel sorta squishy? Especially vs ultimatum mobs survival? I know I'm having some issues with my Hiero with 60% MoM, Cloak of Defiance, 70%/40% block and 20/20 dodge(hence why I'm shopping for something more sturdy).

Thank you!!!
Последняя редакция: gtankbr. Время: 26 апр. 2021 г., 23:31:57
"
gtankbr написал:
Hi Mate!

After reading a lot (and loving brands gameplay in general) I am very interested in trying this, but I do have a few questions, if you got the time:

1 - The ES regen is extremely low (latest PoB shows 52 ES/s) and we know ES/Life leech doesn't apply to dot damage. How are you recovering it, besides having wicked ward not stop damage? You also don't take zealot's oath, which would sorta help with it. This is in no way criticism, I'm trying to understand the mechanics.

2 - With no block/dodge and just a bulk of about 9k es (and malediction's 10% less), doesn't it feel sorta squishy? Especially vs ultimatum mobs survival? I know I'm having some issues with my Hiero with 60% MoM, Cloak of Defiance, 70%/40% block and 20/20 dodge(hence why I'm shopping for something more sturdy).

Thank you!!!

We dont really regen ES, we rely on ES recharge to survive. The strongest survival mechanic we have in a ultimatum situation is cinderswallow urn. 3% es on kill + killing unlimited amount of mobs means we will almost always recover everything really fast
We recharge ES, thats also another ridiculously strong mechanic because with wicked ward penalty, recharge rate is at 3.5k for my 9.2k ES pob, which happens 1.61 second after not taking damage
Block is at 25%, we use a shield, +10-20% attack, 10% with rumi up(should be high uptime in an ultimatum situation), decent amount of armor to mitigate like 20ish% phys damage
Quartz flask gives us 10% dodge and phasing, this is mandatory

Wintertide brand is an aoe brand/aoe skill, means its a cast and forget within its duration, the number of times you really need to cast is greatly reduced

Malediction is -10% dmg, frigid wake is another -10% dmg. Not to mention the chills we apply on mobs

What kind of issue are you having on your hiero? because that set up is made to be extremely tanky, but sometimes, being tanky isnt the solution when you really need to delete stuff fast before they overwhelm/murder you
My Builds/Stream

"
Astarift написал:
"
gtankbr написал:
Hi Mate!

Thank you!!!

We dont really regen ES, we rely on ES recharge to survive. The strongest survival mechanic we have in a ultimatum situation is cinderswallow urn. 3% es on kill + killing unlimited amount of mobs means we will almost always recover everything really fast
We recharge ES, thats also another ridiculously strong mechanic because with wicked ward penalty, recharge rate is at 3.5k for my 9.2k ES pob, which happens 1.61 second after not taking damage
Block is at 25%, we use a shield, +10-20% attack, 10% with rumi up(should be high uptime in an ultimatum situation), decent amount of armor to mitigate like 20ish% phys damage

Wintertide brand is an aoe brand/aoe skill, means its a cast and forget within its duration, the number of times you really need to cast is greatly reduced

Malediction is -10% dmg, frigid wake is another -10% dmg. Not to mention the chills we apply on mobs

What kind of issue are you having on your hiero? because that set up is made to be extremely tanky, but sometimes, being tanky isnt the solution when you really need to delete stuff fast before they overwhelm/murder you

Thank you for the response!
Well, I wasn't accounting for the cinderswallow recharge, you're right there. With the Hiero, (who's storm brand and recently swapped out of EO), I'm not entirely sure what the issue actually is. I'm doing fairly decent damage with my brands (@ about 370 multi atm), have the 7k arcane cloak but sometimes I just get literally exploded by the overwhelming amount of mobs. I have no issues with T16s or bosses, but the ultimatum mobs are really pushing my sh- in.
"
Astarift написал:
"
gtankbr написал:
Hi Mate!

Thank you!!!

you mention the phys reduction I thought phys reduction doesn't affect damage taken by energy shield. Or is that just phys damage from armor but other sources still work?
"
SteelSlingerr4 написал:

you mention the phys reduction I thought phys reduction doesn't affect damage taken by energy shield. Or is that just phys damage from armor but other sources still work?

You made me doubt myself here, but https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Energy_shield

Physical damage reductions and elemental resistances applies to damage before it is deducted from energy shield.

So yea
My Builds/Stream

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация