[3.11] 30M+ dps COC Penance Brand Necromancer (All content viable except Atziri)

Hello all,

I'm posting a short guide to go alongside my build showcase video I posted earlier today. The guide will cover some basic gearing requirements as well as playstyle/rationale. It is not meant to be detailed, as I'm skimming over the majority of mechanics to keep it brief.

WARNING: This is not a low budget (<10-15ex) build. I think that budget will work so-so, but the build truly shines once you put 40-50+ ex into it. The main reason is because alot of the gear you will need to self-craft as it doesn't exist on market.

Also, ask yourself if you're ok not seeing half your screen for the majority of your gameplay. If not, please turn away from this build :-D

Stream at twitch.tv/butsicles (occasionally) for build questions etc.

This build abuses the interaction of Necromancer's Corpse Pact notable and brands. Brand activation rate scales off of cast speed, and for each corpse we consume recently we get 2% increased attack and cast speed. This limit goes to 200% total increased attack and cast speed.

Using penance brand, we build up to 20 energy stacks very quickly (<0.7 seconds), and once the brand explodes (~1.2 seconds) we deal an insane burst of damage. Having a fast attack allows us to tag the target very quickly, maintaining high uptime of applying penance brand and having it tick to max energy.

We use Asenath's Chant to spawn and detonate a large number of corpses. As of right now, VD is unfortunately the only skill with a large enough detonation amount in order to reach the attack cast speed limit. For some reason GGG saw fit to add a corpse limit to offerings, which we would use if they weren't limited to 5 per detonation.

We use COC to proc penance rather than self-cast so we can automate corpse detonations via Asenath's. COC also has a much smoother playstyle (imo) and allows us to drop all the extra brand nodes since we're proccing them super fast. Explosion chest helps also with holy conquest (and very obtainable this patch).

https://pastebin.com/ccrve8vA

Scuffed Spellslinger ver: https://pastebin.com/9fRsEK6s

This build is currently wise oak balanced (through jewels). 30% shock effect is extremely reasonable given we hit so hard, you can see through the build highlights that often, the second brand explosion deals way more damage than the first, since our shocks are massive.

Gear Explanations

Bow: We need a bow with high enough base attack speed to cross the "threshold" needed to reach the 200% cast speed limit. Too slow of a bow will result in us never hitting that limit. Through a lot of testing I realized recurve bows (25% crit multi implicit) have terrible attack speed with roa and are insufficient. I swapped to a bone bow with good crit chance and attack speed, and also with low dex requirements for gearing.

We use essences to get the spell damage roll with good crit chance, and then add on the rest of the mods via seedcrafting (details in POB).
Helmet: Asenath's chant is core to this build. The enchant is optional; this makes it so the VD consumption AI is much more reliable with spell cascade. Reaching max attack speed stacks with barrage is very achievable without the enchant, but having the enchant on RoA makes it feel much better.
Chest: We abuse the ease of harvest crafting by getting a chest with offering effect to max out block, and explode for ease of clear. We take advantage of both spell and attack crit to maximize our CoC proc rate and penance brand crit. Power charge on crit is not necessary on this chest, which will be explained later.

Update: Having just tested without explode, it is not necessary at all and is only needed for porcupines. A regular hunter chest with attack and spell crit (easily obtainable through harvest crafting) with offering effect, life and crafted maximum life as es works equally as well (and takes like 70c to get total).

I got this chest 1C of trade and auged attack/caster mods:

Rings: We use essence of scorns to get high crit multi on shaper only rings, followed by getting double lightning to spell rolls with life and flex options. On one ring I have accuracy to help cap out hitrate with my skills, and on the other ring I have dex to help with the bow requirements.
Quiver: We use essence of scorn to hit good crit multi on a Crusader base, followed by getting both conversion and phys as extra lightning. Some of the suffixes are flex picks. You can get chance to avoid freeze instead of accuracy for example.
Amulet: Awakener orb phys as extra lightning (crusader) with int gems (hunter). The other mods are added via seedcrafting, where crit multi is especially important. The last suffix is a flex pick, you can add chaos res if you'd like (I'm a DPS lover so I chose not to).
Belt: We go for a slightly defensive belt with maximum life and increased max life, with some res. We get a few offensive stats such as damage with hits against chilled enemies and some cast speed as well.
Large Cluster Jewels: We go for all the following prefixes/suffixes (obtain these in whichever order you want). Prefixes: Prismatic Heart, Sadist, Vengeful Commander, Stormrider (power charge gen). Suffixes: Doryani's Lesson and either Disorienting display or widespread destruction

Fill out stats as needed with res etc. in the last suffix.
Medium Cluster Jewels: We want a mixture of brand loyalty as well as at least one holy conquest. Fill the rest of the notables with Seeker Runes. I have two holy conquest since I like the cast speed and movement speed it provides. Do not grab grand design, the duration is bad for our build (penance brand doesn't pop quickly)
Jewels: Double multi or triple multi life jewels in most slots. We need one watcher's eye with phys added as lightning at the bare minimum. We also want a ahuana doryani's jewel for the overleech, which is really nice for most boss encounters. A thread of hope is also needed to save some points in the templar jewel slot.

Bow: RoA - Penance - Swiftbrand - Hypothermia - Inspiration - Conc Effect

If you do NOT have a bottled faith (or even hunter attack crit chest),
run increased critical strikes instead of hypothermia or conc effect (colours may be easier to replace conc)

Barrage can be swapped from RoA for hard bosses

Helm: Desecrate - Spell Cascade (awakened optional 100%) - Volatile Dead - Empty

We do not want offering in here, screws up attack speed rotation in maps. Put offering in here only if you use barrage (attack speed is kinda wonky on that skill)

Glove/Boots: CWDT - Immortal Call - Precision - Flex
Enlighten (4) - Wrath - Herald of Purity - Blood and Sand

Flex pick can be vaal rf if you have offering in helmet (only for barrage). Or bone offering self-cast for mapping (it's out of the helmet for RoA).

Body Armour: Wave of conviction - Curse on hit (awakened optional) - Conductivity - Elemental Weakness (swap for second wind if no CoH awakened) - Arcane Surge (lvl 6) - Flame Dash

Rain of arrows feels way better for mapping, I would take out bone offering from helmet and self cast it (or leave it on CWDT). I would use a quartz curse immune flask for regular mapping (phasing really helps with delay sometimes on penance explosion).

Only for long boss encounters would I use barrage (with spirit offering back in helmet). Wise oak also for non-curse boss encounters (just make sure your lightning res is the highest)

You can really do whatever you want here. If you find yourself dying to dot, just get reduced damage over time taken. I don't think this build cares too too much about what you pick. You do need to stay stationary to ramp as much damage as possible so Soul of Tuhkohama works.

Последняя редакция: Butsicles. Время: 29 июля 2020 г., 23:35:11
Last bumped12 февр. 2021 г., 17:57:04
reserved
This build is GIGAPOG and I'm absolutely running it next league provided seed crafting is actually viable. Question though, where did you put the crafting details for the bow in PoB? The Notes section is blank and I don't see a placeholder/custom item with information on it.
I'll be updating the POB with an in-depth crafting guide for all gear!

Edit: Approximate crafting guide up
Последняя редакция: Butsicles. Время: 23 июля 2020 г., 23:50:49
Just a heads up: If your reason for not being able to do Atziri is reflect, Sibyl's Lament can help. Convert all your damage into elemental via Avatar of Fire. and use it in the Left slot with the Yugul Pantheon. No more reflect worries.

Damage is more than plenty even for Uber Atziri so, with a tiny bit of adjustment, this build can handle all content.
IGN: Bravo_Thirsty
Oohh, I didn't know Asenath's Chant triggered skills on bow attacks! I just got butterflies in my stomach. So many build ideas!
Thanks for this build!
You should have given them the redmane treatment.. Make a statement!
It probably won't lead to the same amount of damage, but what do you think of using double poet's pen and barrage to do the desecrate corpses + VD and having enough attack speed for CoC Penance Brand in a 6L?

IDK how viable a "budget" version of this build really is. I guess it depends on the budget, but it would be nice if say investing maybe 10-15ex can yield even a third of it's DPS of around 10M, but it's probably extremely unlikely, the quiver is a godly stat stick, the bow is practically perfect for the build, other gear also adds up (your explodey chest is insane). I don't think an actual budget variant can really be done to even a portion of the same amount of effectiveness.
Последняя редакция: reciprocate. Время: 25 июля 2020 г., 2:30:54
I think a spellslinger version should do decently well, or poets pen. Damage can definitely get up to 10 mill, but you start hitting a hard wall eventually due to certain synergies the bow/quiver version has compared to the spellslinger version.

The attack speed actually doesn't need to be too high, it just needs to be high enough to reach the 200% cast speed threshold. You'd have to play around with a spellslinger/wander version to see where that breakpoint would be exactly. I would honestly not even go a coc setup with poets pen, as you'd be much much better off with just a spellslinger setup. The brands don't need to be cast that often, just often enough that you get almost perfect uptime on bosses.

I'm going to take a much more serious look at a spellslinger version and cook up a budget pob. Surprisingly, the chest isn't as insane as you would think to craft. Harvest crafting can net you pretty close results, and you can get this for way cheaper by just forsaking the explodey mod and going a pure hunters chest, deterministically adding on spell and attack crit on offering with maximum life.
"
Butsicles написал:
I think a spellslinger version should do decently well, or poets pen. Damage can definitely get up to 10 mill, but you start hitting a hard wall eventually due to certain synergies the bow/quiver version has compared to the spellslinger version.

The attack speed actually doesn't need to be too high, it just needs to be high enough to reach the 200% cast speed threshold. You'd have to play around with a spellslinger/wander version to see where that breakpoint would be exactly. I would honestly not even go a coc setup with poets pen, as you'd be much much better off with just a spellslinger setup. The brands don't need to be cast that often, just often enough that you get almost perfect uptime on bosses.

I'm going to take a much more serious look at a spellslinger version and cook up a budget pob. Surprisingly, the chest isn't as insane as you would think to craft. Harvest crafting can net you pretty close results, and you can get this for way cheaper by just forsaking the explodey mod and going a pure hunters chest, deterministically adding on spell and attack crit on offering with maximum life.

Looking forward to a Spellslinger version if you are planning to make one. I figure there's a couple of things to alter and use for alternative options even if going on budget.

- Inpulsa's since Penance already does lightning, so this being the 6L explode chest is a safe choice.
- Shimmeron (albeit having to go for more power charges to make the most of it) for the amount of crit and damage it can offer, would also require some form of enough life leech/recovery to counteract the degen past a certain point.
Последняя редакция: reciprocate. Время: 26 июля 2020 г., 3:52:09
Can you give an estimate on how much you have spent on crafting all your gears? planning to follow your guide if it is roughly within my budget. Great build idea btw

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация