[3.11] 30M+ dps COC Penance Brand Necromancer (All content viable except Atziri)

"
Pyrestead написал:
"

There's a certain focus on global crit mods: quiver, 100% inc crit chance from consecrated ground, inspiration, power charges, plus flat additive crit from body armour and bottled faith. Add all of those up and it's possible to get around 70%+ crit chance with barrage. But top priority for any CoC build is generally accuracy first, then crit, then attack speed but to the point of just of to the breakpoint.

chance to hit/evasive monster are 92% and 86% is it necessary to push to 100%? I havent really played coc builds before.

Given that the penance build works a bit differently (you can only have two brands on a target at once), I'm fairly certain that having even ~90% hit chance is fine. Granted I haven't tested this, but I'm highly doubtful it would impact your dps that much since your hit chance is irrelevant the moment you have two brands on a target. At that point you're just attacking to keep your cast speed stacks up from desecrate/vd.

But to make the build feel responsive enough I would aim for a flat accuracy rating of ~2000-2200 at the very least (corresponds somewhere around 85-90). That should suffice.

Additionally if you don't have a bottled faith, I would just socket in increased critical strikes instead of one of the other links (e.g. hypothermia or conc effect). This makes the build feel way more responsive until you can get enough outside sources of crit strike chance.
"
Pyrestead написал:
Hey, I have a couple more questions. I tried to contact you ingame but you were offline.

I got a timeless jewel with just 9 seed value different from yours. I'm guessing i got the right node which is over leech and applying to ES too(Immortal Ambition). I'd like to know the two other nodes being affected, as I'm getting chaos damage%(Revitalizing Darkness) and +7 life on block and +5% block chance (Blood Quenched bulwark)
My question is are these nodes needed and are the nodes I'm getting correct

My other question is how do you get that much crit chance on barrage/ROA,(or does roa/barrage crit chance dont matter? im guessing it needs to crit to proc the brand skill right?) i don't see any crit chance mods on gear or tree(apart from spike point quiver)
I can post my POB here if you'd like to have a quick look. Build is still in the process missing some gears. https://pastebin.com/J8mn66sX

Also, the fire walker notable converted by the glorious vanity jewel is only worth grabbing if it actually gives something that increases your damage. I'll leave that to your discretion (phys damage, lightning damage, spell damage, etc.). Arcanist's dominion will be converted regardless so ideally you want to have something decent there. However, this costs alot of divines potentially so I would save this until last.

Another thing is that I would try to get doryani's lesson on one of your jewels. It's quite easy (check my pob for crafting instructions) to be a jewel with, for example, doryani's lesson and stormrider and a random suffix, and then aug fire to force vengeful commander (it's something like a 6/7 chance).
Последняя редакция: Butsicles. Время: 29 июля 2020 г., 12:59:16
"
Butsicles написал:
"
reciprocate написал:
"
Butsicles написал:
Ele focus is definitely possible, but penance brand hits so hard you essentially get shock cap versus sirus with good enough gear (15% vs 50% increased damage taken). At the high end it's definitely not desired but at the lower end ele focus should be fine.

I've put a slightly ghetto version of a spellslinger version (w/o Poet's pen). Poet's pen is super tricky to work around since you actually don't want two (it screws up with reaching spell/cast speed cap because of the way spells proc on poets, where it alternates per weapon per attack), and one poet's pen is quite a bit worse than just having a decent wand, and putting both desecrate and vd on spellslinger.

It's slower than Spellslinger/Poet's Pen or CoC, but what about just having Trigger Socketed Spells on Skill use for the rare wand to stick Desecrate+VD in? Probably too slow due to the internal cooldown of 4sec. I'm sticking with PP's for stuff like WoC, Curse, VD+Des but will probably replace one of them for a rare trigger wand to stick WoC+Curse+Offering later on.

The main issue with going CoC is getting enough accuracy in doing so. Attack speed and crit should still be easier to obtain. I ran a mess of an assassin last league with dual PP+Spellslinger+CoC Bladefall Bladeblast Avatar of Fire char, he was squishy but did red maps decently well. It's just balancing out his stats like getting enough attack speed, accuracy, and even weapon crit for CoC was a huge pain in the ass due to itemization and lack of harvest crafting back in Delirium league.

Looking through your rough/scuffed PoB for spellslinger version, there's no Bone Offering either meaning that character is basically running at 50/16 block at best case situation. Nowhere to put it either lowering the chance of survivability/EHP by not hitting cap, and putting it in spellslinger setup won't work since that can't be feasible without sacrificing something else(VD maybe?) due to mana and reservation. But turning the rare wand to have trigger and sticking Offering+WoC+Curse(probably in that order) would solve some issues. I think dual wands is probably best overall option (whether dual rare wands or one PP+Rare wand) for a spellslinger variant.

Thanks for catching that. I thought I put the generic VD/DD combo of bone offering/wave/conductivity in the wand with trigger but I must have screwed up somewhere.

I definitely think dual wand or wand/shield is dependent on how offensive you want to be (since you can get close to block cap regardless of either method), it's just that shield gives you a bit of life, and possibly some interesting influence mods you could use (e.g. inc damage per block, life on block, etc.)

However I'm still not quite convinced on poet's pen being decent on dw, since you're attacking with poet's pen once every two attacks, so linking two spells on a poet's pen while dual wielding wands will cause each spell to trigger every two attacks each (making it really difficult to reach the attack cast speed limit, if those two spells are desecrate + vd). And in terms of casting utility spells, trigger socketed has a low enough cd (4s) that a rare wand suffices as the triggering mechanism.

PP does have a 0.15sec default cooldown per spell. Basically possible to get 6 casts per sec assuming attack speed is up to 6 APS which should be feasible with this build. I have noticed it cast more spells the higher the attack speed. Trigger wand is a different issue but you don't need offering, WoC, and curse as often so that's why it's best to stick those 3 spells on the trigger wand.

For spellslinger version in general, is VD really needed just for corpse pact? I mean sure it provides an additional layer of DPS (and also helps proc sadist) but bone offering is just much more important. So given the choice between the two, I'd probably have bone offering in Spellslinger with Desecrate than VD+Desecrate.

Lastly, how important is an explodey-chest to the build overall? A body armour with crit(attack and spell)+offering/apply additional curse is generally cheaper than crit(both)+explope.
I definitely agree PP is possible with 1h+shield, but the issue with pp + wand dual wield isn't the CDR, but it's the actual attack speed and the proc rate. I would honestly test it out and see how close you can get to the 200% limit. If it works, it works. I haven't tested it so I can only hypothesize, but I think it's different on a case to case basis. If you can't hit the 200% limit though even after a 10 second ramp, the proc rate is too slow and perhaps PP/shield or double spellslinger corpse consumption/corpse spawn skills would be better.

In terms of offerings, the issue with offering is that it has a 5 corpse limit per proc. If you can proc it fast enough, it's no issue to reach the 100 corpses/4 second limit, but from my testing it's almost impossible to hit the 200% attack/cast speed limit with just offering. This is why VD is the only viable solution in the current patch, because its consumption amount is by far the highest on a per-cast basis compared to other corpse consumption skills. Offering is just for the actual utility of the skill, rather than acting as a means to increase your cast speed.

Explodey would aid your clearspeed, but shouldnt be too necessary if you want to save costs. A pure hunter chest should work great.
Update: Just tested with this chest:

The clear felt identical to explodey chest. Holy conquest + fast attack speed (meaning fast cast speed) makes clear a breeze even without explodey.
I've noticed survivability is kinda low. With the timeless jewel overleech node it looks promising but i have no idea where to look at for leech source on this tree. How do you leech? life or es?
Hi Pyrestead,

I checked your profile and have a few suggestions:

1. I would swap out steelskin for immortal call (as high a level as possible), since steelskin runs out only after a pretty measly amount of mitigation, while the increased skill effect duration synergizes a bit more with immortal call which is just percent mitigation throughout the entire effect.

2. You get leech through the doryani's lesson notable on the lightning large cluster jewel (you'll need one). The ahuana keystone immortal ambition causes any life leech effects to apply to your energy shield once on full life, so this life leech essentially causes your es pool to become part of your life pool. This makes it so your total pool will probably go over 6k at some point.

3. If you're running rain of arrows while mapping, I would strongly suggest either self cast bone offering, or leave it in a CWDT at a slightly lower level. I did that while leveling to 94 and it worked pretty great if you dont like pressing any additional buttons. Having bone offering in the helmet screws up with the corpse rotation for rain of arrows specifically (barrage doesn't have this issue), so having it elsehwere feels quite a bit better.

You seem to be running flesh and stone already so hopefully that helps a bit also. I do think that the build needs levels to scale hp so hopefully by 90-91 your ehp should be fairly comfortable. You should be able to run 100% delirium maps somewhat comfortably at that point.
"
Butsicles написал:
Hi Pyrestead,

I checked your profile and have a few suggestions:

1. I would swap out steelskin for immortal call (as high a level as possible), since steelskin runs out only after a pretty measly amount of mitigation, while the increased skill effect duration synergizes a bit more with immortal call which is just percent mitigation throughout the entire effect.

2. You get leech through the doryani's lesson notable on the lightning large cluster jewel (you'll need one). The ahuana keystone immortal ambition causes any life leech effects to apply to your energy shield once on full life, so this life leech essentially causes your es pool to become part of your life pool. This makes it so your total pool will probably go over 6k at some point.

3. If you're running rain of arrows while mapping, I would strongly suggest either self cast bone offering, or leave it in a CWDT at a slightly lower level. I did that while leveling to 94 and it worked pretty great if you dont like pressing any additional buttons. Having bone offering in the helmet screws up with the corpse rotation for rain of arrows specifically (barrage doesn't have this issue), so having it elsehwere feels quite a bit better.

You seem to be running flesh and stone already so hopefully that helps a bit also. I do think that the build needs levels to scale hp so hopefully by 90-91 your ehp should be fairly comfortable. You should be able to run 100% delirium maps somewhat comfortably at that point.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was planning on crafting the second jewel myself and i forgot thats where the leech come from. Very good point with the steelskin, i will change it. thanks a lot.
Последняя редакция: Pyrestead. Время: 30 июля 2020 г., 15:19:22
Hi Pyrestead,

One more quick thing about the way in which asenath's chant works, and something to keep in mind when you swap gems to your preference in the build.

Each time you attack, asenath's chant will proc the next successive skill gem in its sockets. This means that, if you have two spell gems, let's call them 1 and 2, in the helmet, the following will happen when you attack:

Attack 1: Procs Spell 1
Attack 2: Procs Spell 2
Attack 3: Procs Spell 1
Attack 4: Procs Spell 2

So on and so forth.

In order to reach the attack speed limit on necromancer, we want spells 1 and 2, which are actually desecrate and volatile dead, to proc as much as possible.

If we insert a third spell, spell # 3 into the helmet, we'll see this pattern instead:

Attack 1: Procs Spell 1
Attack 2: Procs Spell 2
Attack 3: Procs Spell 3
Attack 4: Procs Spell 1

So the frequency of spells 1 and 2 showing up means you get a full rotation every three attacks, rather than ever two attacks. This also means you're increasing your ramp time by at least 50%, and you may not reach the attack cast speed limit at all. As far as I know, going barrage seems to be the only way to somehow bypass this mechanic, for unknown reasons.

If you ever feel like your single target is somewhat falling off, this could be one of the reasons (having a third spell in your helmet while using rain of arrows). However, I would just play it by ear and see whether or not the damage feels comfortable enough so you can automate other spells by placing them in the helmet also.

Hope that makes sense.
It is weird how barrage bypasses that limitation. Though I am not certain if barrage support itself would have the same effect. I couldn't really notice if it worked or not when I was doing the Bladefall Bladeblast PP+SS+CoC build last league with using frenzy+barrage support last league.

Seeing as only 2 brands stick to any enemy with this build, having attack speed and cooldown go past 6 spells per second proc'ed by CoC is pretty excessive, it'd help for general clear, but against bosses probably not as useful so hitting a self imposed cap. It'd be a different case like with Mathil's current build doing Bladefall and Bladeblast where more blades the better for dps in both single target and clear.
Последняя редакция: reciprocate. Время: 30 июля 2020 г., 19:47:36

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация